Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Uncleisiah

New led. Did i waste my cash?

49 posts in this topic

Just got a migro 100.  Wanted an upgrade on the 110w cfl im running. Maybe a bit OTT. Or maybe not. What do you all think? Did i waste coin or was it a good investment?    

i think you have to wear sunglasses under LED cause of the evtra UV ? LED works just fine though.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Uncleisiah said:

Just got a migro 100.  Wanted an upgrade on the 110w cfl im running. Maybe a bit OTT. Or maybe not. What do you all think? Did i waste coin or was it a good investment?    

How much was it? 

They look to retail @ around £230. You could get a samsung unit made up for that money - don't know if they are better tho as I as don't know how good your light is.

I saw a video on the migrow yt channel which got me interested in their lights, I wonder what @diyleduk reckons to them?

3 people like this

Probably a bit late as you have already bought it but I have heard good things about 'Sol-Stix' (fairly new) and quantum boards.

The LED market is changing so fast though that whatever you buy today, there will be better available for the same price in six months. Like the drone market right now.

Don't let that stop you buying, don't let that make you regret what you have bought.

You have a light, your plants will grow, you will get the benefit you want.

Don't let FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) ruin your enjoyment of your light.

Always investigate a product, the competition, and reviews before buying, never after. Don't look until you want to buy again.

If your current light is OTT you can dial them down on some models which makes them more efficient as a bonus.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Madmungo said:

How much was it? 

£225. Not cheap.  Hopefully last years. 

5 minutes ago, MicroDoser said:

Probably a bit late as you have already bought it but I have heard good things about 'Sol-Stix' (fairly new) and quantum boards.

The LED market is changing so fast though that whatever you buy today, there will be better available for the same price in six months. Like the drone market right now.

Don't let that stop you buying, don't let that make you regret what you have bought.

You have a light, your plants will grow, you will get the benefit you want.

Don't let FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) ruin your enjoyment of your light.

Always investigate a product, the competition, and reviews before buying, never after. Don't look until you want to buy again.

If your current light is OTT you can dial them down on some models which makes them more efficient as a bonus.

Thanks for the reply.   I did do a bit of homework on the light    90% of the info/vids I’ve seen are migro themselves.  

I knew on here ill get a bit of honesty. 

Uncle. 

1 hour ago, bazil brush said:

i think you have to wear sunglasses under LED cause of the evtra UV ? LED works just fine though.

I was thinking that.  The mate and i turned it on last night from min (10w) to max 100w). It is seriously bright. 

And @MicroDoser FOMO always gets me :pitchfork:   lol  

15 minutes ago, Uncleisiah said:

£225. Not cheap.  Hopefully last years. 

I've been doing a lot of reading and research into leds for a small grow space and the migro 100 is definitely on my short list along with prakasa 100 w cob (£100) and plant photonics stellar49 (£279) . The build quality of the migro 100 looks very good ... and the passive heat sink means no fan noise. There are some good videos on you tube as well. Relax and enjoy your light , you've paid a bit more for a really solid build but if you think about the money we've spent on weed over the years it's nothing . I'm a little envious :)

Edited by jimmy_two
2 people like this

53 minutes ago, unity said:

They look to retail @ around £230. You could get a samsung unit made up for that money - don't know if they are better tho as I as don't know how good your light is.

Over time ill get different ones.   With migro i just went to a shop and got it.  Was looking at boards etc i would have had to wait.  Go check my patients waiting for seeds lol 

thanks for looking. 

I was told.  Didn’t believe it tho.  That 1 migro light in a 1m x1m tent got 1 guy a kilo.  That was a bold statement I thought lol   Seen vids where a guy got 7 oz off 2 plants (maybe autos can’t remember).  

Thats why i got it to replace my cfl.  Don’t believe any cnut lol  

27 minutes ago, Uncleisiah said:

I was told.  Didn’t believe it tho.  That 1 migro light in a 1m x1m tent got 1 guy a kilo.  That was a bold statement I thought lol   Seen vids where a guy got 7 oz off 2 plants (maybe autos can’t remember).  

Thats why i got it to replace my cfl.  Don’t believe any cnut lol  

100W of light producing a kilo would be 10g per watt. I think we may be a little while away from any light being able to produce that. Best I have heard is 2-2.5GPW from LED.

I feel confident whoever said that was lying.

7 OZ from one would be 1.91GPW which should be totally possible.

2 people like this

Yep loads of balls a kilo from a single  100w migro lol they must have used ground unicorn horn as a booster 

5 people like this