Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

afganbob

Lights

Best lights for PG90 tent? 

15 minutes ago, afganbob said:

@diyleduk I recon 260 watts of 561c’s what do you think?

1 person likes this

I'd go with a single 315w CMH. :)

2 people like this

a 315w, or as above about 260w of samsung strips would be cool also. Or a 400w HPS but they're a bit old hat now lol 

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

Or a 400w HPS but they're a bit old hat now lol 

Old hat or cheap and tried and tested? 

Led tried and tested also lol 

3 people like this

@Muppet  old hat mate because for less than £150 more than a HPS light kit in some cases you can get a 315w CMH or a good 250w~ish LED unit that'll produce the same or more yield and of a much higher quality. Tried and tested in every possible shape way or form, including sphere tests which is what I used to get my pants in a bunch about. It's all out there to see, if you look.

400w sodiums might be tried and tested, but they're certainly not cheap. To put it in perspective, a 400w HPS magnetic ballast kit will set you back about £60, where as a 600w variable digital ballast kit will set you back about £80. A lot of shops don't even stock 400w ballasts anymore. When you then factor in 400w HPS lamps (in comparison to newer lighting and even 600w/1000w HPS) are incredibly inefficient, and theres a lot of heat waste in the FR/IR part of the spectrum they emit, it'll cost someone more time and money to produce the same amount under 400w HPS in the long run than it would've spending another ton or two on better lighting.

Edited by Golden Syrup
5 people like this

Whilst I understand what you're saying, I think the future will see us split into two camps, those that grow with LEDs and those who grow with HIDs (probably CMH but who knows? (probably Philips!)) LEDs are getting there, but not there yet! Personally I think the future will see us using a mixture of CMH for the spectral effects and HPS for some bulk, it's way from being old hat, just because it is no longer top dog doesn't make it irrelevant. I recently bought a Lumii 600w slim complete system for £80, the cheapest 315w I have bought was £180, if I was on a budget I'd reach for a HPS without hesitation. But the hobbyist in me would want a CMH set up. 

What are you talking about @Muppet ? 

4 hours ago, afganbob said:

What part of that says budget to you? He wants the best light for a 90 x 90cm tent so I'm unsure what point you're trying to make! A 400w HPS isn't the best for the job, they're old hat because CMH and LED are better.. 

Edited by Golden Syrup
3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

What are you talking about @Muppet ? 

What part of that says budget to you? He wants the best light for a 90 x 90cm tent so I'm unsure what point you're trying to make! A 400w HPS isn't the best for the job, they're old hat because CMH and LED are better.. 

I direct you to my first post in this thread Sir. 

Strips then Cmh then hps 

1 person likes this

Air cooled 600w.

Thank me later!