Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grampamark

What the hell is this?

Hi everyone, hope your all well and your ladies to. I was just wondering if any of you have seen this before. All the years I have been at it now this one as got me baffled. Never seen the like before. Check everywhere on web last few days and can not see anything resembling this. It as just appeared within 2 days and only on 2 of my plants. It is on quite a few leaves, but only on the very tips. Anyone help me out with this. Many thanks, You and yours stay safe and well  :)large_c2.jpglarge_c1.jpg

Edited by Owderb
MOVED OUT OF FREE4ALL

I don't know what it is mate but it looks like some kind of critter/bug has been munching on them, if i was you i would have a good rake around your groom, in and amongst your girls and just see if you find any live insects/bugs moving about, someone will diagnose whatever it is eventually but while your waiting it wont hurt to look around....

Not sure about it being a bug - only seems to have affected the very tips - how close is the light - hows the humidity looking - how close is the fan - did it get water droplets on the leaves?

if one of those is a yes/out of parameters it could be environmental

1 person likes this

Have you been spraying anything on your plants?

It's not clear from those pics but are the white bits discoloured leaf tissue? I'm thinking leaf miners of some kind, never actually heard of a weed-specific species but maybe there are some unfussy ones. they munch round inside the leaf until fed enough for the next stage in their life cycle and the hollowed-out remains then dry out and crumble. 

With your leaves still being fresh they won't have had time to turn brown and crumble but maybe that will happen. If you can get hold of any magnifying kit you might even see tiny tunnels in the leaves. This is pure speculation, they usually do more damage than that.

The only solution I'm aware of is decidedly oldschool general purpose gardening chemicals like dimethoate, systemic insecticides which get into the plants circulation system and can be persistent, not recommended. See what happens to the damaged parts over the next few days, and good luck I really am just guessing.

1 person likes this

Hi guys. It just seems to be on the leaf tip edges, no other part of the leaf. I have not used any sprays or chemicals on the plants whatsoever. The strange thing about it, it wipes off with a damp cloth. White to pale blue to the look. I am now thinking it is some form of mould or mildew. Not sure though. Think I will now use my first spray on the plants. I will use a mold, mildew, fungus spray. Lets see if that helps. Cheers guys.

1 person likes this

The picture's not very clear on my Kindle, but the first thing that sprang to mind was larvae of some sort. :unsure: