Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

grumpy1

Soil NPK range

Hi,

I’ve been growing since a year now and I’m on my 3rd grow. Now that I have some experience and learned the basics I would like to learn some new tricks. If this was a rpg game I gained some skill points and would like to spend them. First I thought about hydro but it’s not for me I like soil and the flexibility of it. 

So i would like to learn something about soil and the first thing I don’t understand are the npk ratio on back. When it says 

N: 180 - 600 ml/g

P: 150 - 600 ml/

K: 500 - 1500 ml/g

The first thing I don’t understand is the big range 180 - 600 is a big range so what does it exactly mean? 180 - 600 mg N per Liter/Gram soil ?

The next question I have is there a good ratio for cannabis I mean something like 1-1-2 like the Lucas formula 100n-100p-200k I have to look for when buying soil ?

Thanks!

Usually the NPK is shown in smaller figures, these indicate the ratio between nutrients, as a rough rule plants need lots of nitrogen in there vegative stage, lot of potassium in the flowering stage. 

1 person likes this

Thank you for the links!

My plan is to use coco this time but I’m not able to water everyday so I guess using a coco/light mix 50/50 would be best of both world. I have a more airy soil for oxygen and I don’t have to water everyday. 

Coco mixed with biobizz light-mix(ec 1.2) would come out something like ec 0.5-0.6

so I can give maxibloom(lucas/Kiss formula)from the beginning 1/2 dosage.

The guy from the growshop was against it because he said it’s not coco and it’s not soil. Do you agree ?

Edited by grumpy1

Well Light-Mix is compost note soil, the difference is more than linguistic. ;)

I know nothing about growing in coco but if you mix it with compost it's EC will lower with time as the plant uses the nutes in the compost. Mixing the two together, then I'm not sure if you'd look at the resultant mix as coco boosted by compost or Compost diluted by coco. How about vermiculite to increase water retention? As far as I know it won't fuck with the background EC. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Well Light-Mix is compost note soil, the difference is more than linguistic. ;)

I know nothing about growing in coco but if you mix it with compost it's EC will lower with time as the plant uses the nutes in the compost. Mixing the two together, then I'm not sure if you'd look at the resultant mix as coco boosted by compost or Compost diluted by coco. How about vermiculite to increase water retention? As far as I know it won't fuck with the background EC. 

your right f!"K! and I thought I was thorough with my plan :wallbash:

so maybe I try 100% coco because I aint got no more space for another bag of soil/coco/Vermiculite etc.

Thanks buddy!

Edited by grumpy1

26 minutes ago, grumpy1 said:

your right f!"K! and I thought I was thorough with my plan :wallbash:

Always the way isn't it, you think you've got all the bases covered then some arse hole, as if on purpose, comes and pisses on your parade. lol

Edited by Muppet
Spoolin'