Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms1985ms

Opticlimate Advice

I’ve recently managed to get my hands on an Opticlimate which I’ve installed in my grow area. 

I am using the thin plastic air sock to distribute the cool air around the room but feel like it is creating quite a bit of noise from air turbulence. Nothing too drastic but I would definitely like to try and reduce, if possible.

Does anyone have any experience with the system and ways to minimise noise? I am thinking that either combi or solid ducting with strategically placed holes may help potentially.

You wouldn't need one of those unless you're a commercial grower....this site is only for hobby growers.

1 hour ago, cypher79 said:

You wouldn't need one of those unless you're a commercial grower....this site is only for hobby growers.

I just completely disagree with that. Why wouldn't a hobby grower want complete climate control? The opti comes in various sizes to cover small personal grows right up to the larger scale of things.

32 minutes ago, ms1985ms said:

I just completely disagree with that. Why wouldn't a hobby grower want complete climate control? The opti comes in various sizes to cover small personal grows right up to the larger scale of things.

The smallest one is recommended for 6 X 600w lights, and it costs £2500....you ain't fooling anyone mate.

2 people like this

These the ones that cain through water usage ?  

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

These the ones that cain through water usage ?  

Yea that's the one. Although you can use an evaporative cooler that allows you to recycle water and run from a large tank.

31 minutes ago, cypher79 said:

The smallest one is recommended for 6 X 600w lights, and it costs £2500....you ain't fooling anyone mate.

Ok, so up to a max of 3600 watts. That's including any other ancillaries running in the room.  A couple of 1000w lights, a propane burner for co2 generation and your well on your way to the max cooling capacity.

Im under no illusion that they are used in more commercial operations but what is stopping the hobby grower from using one? And as for the cost £2500 is hardly big big money...plenty of people I know spend this on bicycles, a second car, travel etc.

2 people like this

Yeah why spend £200 on a nice quiet perfectly sufficient extractor fan, when you can spend £2500 on some ridiculous machine that's noisy as fuck, and uses a shit load of water? :rolleyes:

It's just not adding up mate...

1 person likes this

oh well if he doesn't need it I'll take it off his hands. i love expensive fancy shit.

3 people like this

I did hear a tale of someone used a very large opticlimate that the water board thought there was a leak locally :fart: Good luck installing if you on your own , had the bad luck of being in shop when one was delivered , three of us and it was heavy:yep: Oh and the anti vibration rubbers are not good at sopping vibration lol

Edited by Arthur Mix

24 minutes ago, cypher79 said:

Yeah why spend £200 on a nice quiet perfectly sufficient extractor fan, when you can spend £2500 on some ridiculous machine that's noisy as fuck, and uses a shit load of water? :rolleyes:

It's just not adding up mate...

Why spend £200 on a Halford mountain bike when you could spend £4000 on a bespoke, all singing, all dancing version?....its all about perspective. 

The ability to manipulate temperature and humidty at the press of a button pretty accurately is massively appealing to me! The thought of entering VPD parameters into my maxi controller and using an infra red leaf temperature camera excite the shit out of me! Brother ive even considered doing a distance learning degree in some kind of agricultural or horticultural field...just for fun!

The fact that I want to use this equipment doesn't make me a commercial entity, just a really enthusiastic grower who wants push his personal limits and find out more about a subject that fascinates me. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

I did hear a tale of someone used a very large opticlimate that the water board thought there was a leak locally :fart: Good luck installing if you on your own , had the bad luck of being in shop when one was delivered , three of us and it was heavy:yep: Oh and the anti vibration rubbers are not good at sopping vibration lol

Installation was fun to say the least, tackling a flight of stairs was hard - lifting the unit above head height onto it's brackets tested every bit of strength I have, my elbow still hurts. :)

The actual unit itself ive found isn't too bad for noise when it's running which was a concern having read a lot about clunking noises. Just the wind rushing through the air sock (although not audible from the next room) is a little loud for my sanity and comfort. I'm hoping someone has experience and can offer a bit of wisdom. I'll give the combi ducting a go anyway and report back!

2 people like this

You wont ever get away from that sound on those units..never !

Just have to cope with it  !

I thought i would add that me personally £2,500 is a load of dosh i can build a decent room with that and bugger off abroad for a week lol 

Farmer 

1 person likes this