Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


JimmyPage

C99 - 4th week in veg - problem ?

18 posts in this topic

Noticed this last night a little. Seems to have got worse ?

 

Discoloured leaves starting to spread.

 

EC was a tad high at 1.3, so I diluted to 1.1, pH was 5.9

 

Today (when pics taken) EC was 0.7 and pH had risen to 6.9

 

I reset the pH to 6.1 

 

Any ideas ?

 

large.IMG_20180911_143237.jpglarge.IMG_20180911_143227.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

@JimmyPage

 

Have you spilled any solution/water on them,looks like you might have and the light has magnified it and causing it to burn maybe?

 

Not a fan blowing directly on them is there?

 

Someone will know mate,hang tight.

 

Tenchie.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Tenchie said:

@JimmyPage

 

Have you spilled any solution/water on them,looks like you might have and the light has magnified it and causing it to burn maybe?

 

Not a fan blowing directly on them is there?

 

Someone will know mate,hang tight.

 

Tenchie.

 

No spills.

 

I tend to rotate the pot 180 every day, just in case, for light issues ...

Share this post


Link to post

Looks ok to me mate - I usually get that on a few bottom fan leaves like yourself - some of the tips look a little dry on one or two leaves higher up which could be sign of overfeeding - looks like you're in a bubbler so not my forte but I'm usually around 11-12 when I flip to 12-12 but like I say that's not in a bubbler ;) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, prawn said:

Looks ok to me mate - I usually get that on a few bottom fan leaves like yourself - some of the tips look a little dry on one or two leaves higher up which could be sign of overfeeding - looks like you're in a bubbler so not my forte but I'm usually around 11-12 when I flip to 12-12 but like I say that's not in a bubbler ;) 

 

Ah, well last night, as I said, EC seemed a touch high - 1.3 (even though I'm dosing at the lowest suggested amount ...) I removed 2L nutes and added 2L water which bought it down to 1.1. And since then it's down to 0.7 (so the plant is clearly taking up nutes).

 

Overall it seems to look healthy enough, so I'm not panicking 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

have you grown c99 before?  I might be growing some cindy in the near future would love to know how you get on with her ;) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like one of two things to me

 

Windburn......I get this on leaves closest to the fan and pay it no attention.

 

Light burn.....when the leaves touch they create moisture between them....when moving you expose the water to the light and burns the iccle babies

 

The tips are showing a very slight amount of overfeeding but its so slight and not on all of them so not responsible for the patches I would say.

 

1.3 EC in a bubbler in veg is way too high IMO....Im four weeks in flower and I cant even get to 1.2 EC yet

 

Looking at your pictures the problem is not plant wide......but on two opposite sides....this would lead me to believe its windburn

 

Im no expert so maybe wait for a pro's answer :yep: 

Edited by zen-ken
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, prawn said:

have you grown c99 before?  I might be growing some cindy in the near future would love to know how you get on with her ;) 

 

Nope. This is a first. Free seed :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

Looks like one of two things to me

 

Windburn......I get this on leaves closest to the fan and pay it no attention.

 

Light burn.....when the leaves touch they create moisture between them....when moving you expose the water to the light and burns the iccle babies

 

The tips are showing a very slight amount of overfeeding but its so slight and not on all of them so not responsible for the patches I would say.

 

1.3 EC in a bubbler in veg is way too high IMO....Im four weeks in flower and I cant even get to 1.2 EC yet

 

Looking at your pictures the problem is not plant wide......but on two opposite sides....this would lead me to believe its windburn

 

Im no expert so maybe wait for a pro's answer :yep: 

 

 

Ah ...

 

The only movement of air at the moment is the extractor fan (5").

 

Never heard/knew of water on leaves causing light burn, but it has a sense to it.

 

As I said, I reduced the EC pretty pronto, and it's sitting at 0.7

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

C99s a lovely smoke,plants are quite spindly,well the branches are anyway,support will be needed in flower. Just popped a few of Fdm`s infact,looking forward to having Cindy in my jars again.

 

Tenchie.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

The  water drops acts  like magnify on the leaves .Which then can make them shows burns.Though i would not say that is the case with your leaves.I am not sure if your under led.

 

Just some folks who have had them to close at times .They can make markings just like that .

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Cant see any wind burn on the photo ,think your ph fluctuations are the problem!5.9 to 6.9 over night.Keep ph in check,and check roots if possible.Also if it is ph problem the affected leaves wont get better so keep in check.

Edited by joe9000
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Well things have really cracked on apace ! Plant has exploded with growth (so I'm guessing it was an EC/pH issue ? - one to watch folks).

 

Will be flipping lights tomorrow, and switching to flowering feed. Will post pics in the grow diary.

 

Plant is incredibly squat right now. Less than 18" tall, but very dense growth.

Share this post


Link to post

I like the sex bud that,s supposed to be an enhanced version of c-99, from female seeds.

I've grown it before and its top shelf.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HippyHair said:

I like the sex bud that,s supposed to be an enhanced version of c-99, from female seeds.

I've grown it before and its top shelf.

 

That's great to hear, I've some on the go now @ 3wks. Another member on here, @vince noir rock n roll star really rates them:yep:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now