Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Punk#1

Passive intake, Negative pressure and smell

45 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Lean Bear said:

something aint right here mate. Have you smelt your exhaust exit point? Smell of weed? If not then your filter is OK.

You reduced the intake size rather than increasing the fan speed? You need to suck more, not less air through your filter i reckon, and don't decrease the intake size. That's going cause you more problems in the long run.

Yeah I'm sure I can get a whiff at the exhaust exit. I'm positive every bit of air in the drobe is being sucked through the filter.

I read it was a good thing if air passed through the carbon bed slower rather than faster, Also a good idea to oversize carbon filters for the same reason.

I'll increase the passive a bit  but remember I started at 2x passive intake then worked down.

I want to increase the fan speed I just don't want her moaning about it lol

Edited by Punk#1

2 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

I notice your fan cowling body is not taped. Sometimes air gets sucked in the joint as it after filter. Maybe try that :oldtoker:

Alright mate that's not my pic.. everything's taped up between my fan filter and ducting.

If people say these rhino pros are duff then maybe it's true..

2 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

I notice your fan cowling body is not taped. Sometimes air gets sucked in the joint as it after filter. Maybe try that :oldtoker:

very good point  

is the fan sucking or blowing in the tent ?   lol

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

is the fan sucking or blowing in the tent ?   lol

lol I have double checked that already lol

just checking the obvious  lol 

now what about your ducting, have you checked it for rips ?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

just checking the obvious  lol 

now what about your ducting, have you checked it for rips ?

Yeah fair play.. kinda thing I would do aswell!

Yeah mate I gave it a once over.. when I stick this new filter in obviously I'll need to reinstall the ducting so I'll give it a proper looking over then. I'd do it now but won't see the grow again till Friday unfortunatly

if your using the basic silver ducting, its not the toughest & is easily pierced, I've recently switched to using rhino ducting, its black rubber coated & is a lot tougher.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

if your using the basic silver ducting, its not the toughest & is easily pierced, I've recently switched to using rhino ducting, its black rubber coated & is a lot tougher.

Yeah mate I'm using phonic trap its much nicer than the cheap stuff I got for free, a lot easier to work with, very quiet and definitely worth the extra

Well I put in the new carboair filter tonight. The room still stinks from having the drobe open while I changed the filter so it's too early to tell if it's working till the room clears but not picking up any smell from the exhaust yet so it's looking good. I'll keep you posted

1 person likes this

if it doesn't work out then try it the other way around, eg the filter at the vent end of the ducting with the fan strapped to the filter, that way it is negative pressure all the way to the carbon

2 people like this

11 hours ago, distracted said:

if it doesn't work out then try it the other way around, eg the filter at the vent end of the ducting with the fan strapped to the filter, that way it is negative pressure all the way to the carbon

Cheers for the tip, I've checked the room today though and there's not a hint of smell.  I'm keeping the passive intake at the same size at the extract for now since it seems to be keeping negative pressure ok and the temps are good still at 25c so looks like the Rhino was the culprit afterall.

Thanks for everyone's great tips and suggestions though. So good to have people who are willing to help when you need them!

2 people like this

I use a 6” high power extract fan and have five 4” passive intakes. Although I’ve capped the intake from outside at the moment as it’s a bit colder now

Pleased you got it sorted mate. Rhino again...:mellow: Rhino filters company going to be extinct in 12mths rate they is going.

Feel sorry for the poor sods who are getting pushed them in the shops right now, then  stressing like fuck in 3mths :thumbdown:

Edited by Lean Bear
1 person likes this

Cheers, Yeah honestly before when I read people complaining about the rhinos I thought it must have been user error but to finally be on the other side of the problem I do believe all the reports of them being dodgy. I think they are just too loosely packed, I had a ton of dust at the bottom of the box my Rhino came in and a cloud of it through my fan when I first turned it on before installing it.

I don't know where rhinos are made but after seeing the video of the carboair filters being produced and the fact they are made in the UK gave me a lot of confidence to buy one

Edited by Punk#1
1 person likes this