Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim93

What's nutrients in soil and mixing help

So I'm going to order some nutrients and soil today .. What shall I order .. how much do I need ..  i have 8 pots .. newbie to growing .. how do I measure and mix them do I use a jug or ?.. any feeding plans would be a real big help .. tia

biobizz is well tested and proven . Fishmix and Bloom, job done. Get yourself a couple of 5 or 10ml syringes from the chemist for measuring. Tell them they are for giving medicine to a toddler if they ask why.

What sort of compost are you going to start with? You can mix up you're own if you don't want to use the ready mixed stuff from the growshop. Is there any reason not to use ready-mix? I used to mix my own soil when my health was better. I'd get most of the stuff from the local garden centre. I can't advise on amounts because I don't know how big your pots are:)

Half bag multipurpose compost - 25ltrs

Perlite - 15% of volume.

Dolomite Lime -two big handfuls

Calcified seaweed meal. -3 big handfuls.

Epsom salts - 1 big handful.

Chicken shit pellets - two big handfuls.

Most of the ingredients are pretty cheap and the lime, meal and salts will do multiple mixes.

edit. For mixing nutes there's nothing better than a 2 ltr milk container. I'll second the suggestion of BioBizz but make sure you use the epsom salts. I got a magnesium defiecency with some strains but the epsom should negate that issue.

It's only the chicken shit which is a fertiliser, so bear that in mind when feeding.

Edited by bearukc

first grow I would keep it simple, buy a good brand of compost from you local garden centre, seedlings and cutting wont need feeding for the first 2 or 3 weeks, once you start feeding give a little less nutrient than what it says on the bottle, once you feel confident you can change as you go, I still keep it simple after over 20 years growing and I still get very good results. if you live in a soft water area you will need to add calcium and magnesium.

Thanks lads .. I was going to use vitalink pre mixed soil .. when I was in the grow shop he tried to sell me about 10 different bottles and said I need to use them all it's confused the he'll out of me .. do I need to use a extra something when there in full bloom ?

I've never used Vitalink soil although I have used their nutrients with good results. You don't need all the shit they try to sell you at the growshop. Grow and bloom will be fine.

When it says 1 - 2 mill feed  does that mean per plant or per litre of water .. tia

per litre mate