Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Police raiding Plymouth shop for cannabis oil - updates

18 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, sterling-archer said:

I wonder if its no longer illegal if you get the permission to cultivate it as you have to work with its raw form to process it. 

If the plant has <0.2% THC it is classed as hemp and so requires a hemp license to cultivate.  CBD is not a controlled substance, so theoretically it is not a matter for the licensing board, however the fact that you are not growing to produce seed or fibre, and that the plants themselves are markedly different to industrial hemp, might cause problems.

Being related to a senior Tory does seem to help smooth the application process.

2 people like this

On 9/13/2018 at 3:49 PM, sterling-archer said:

So what is there to take away from this then? 

Is hemp bud legal in the Uk and do all products truely have to have 0%,thc

If so how do they get it out? 

They grow high thc low cbd strains in the EU or Switzerland.

When de-stalked and de-seeded to produce hemp seed and fibre, all that is left is the hemp plant material.

These high cbd hemp flowers left over from this processing can now legally be sold as raw material to extract legal cannabinoids and terpenes from.

These extracts are legal across the EU and in the UK so long as it tests at less than 0.2% THC and is not sold as medicine with medicinal claims. Otherwise they are limited to certain countries that allow slightly higher thc.

So it seems that it is legal to sell high CBD hemp flower material that is less than 0.2% THC for the purpose of further processing by businesses and individuals/hobbyists.

For example to make into CBD isolate or even to sow into little pouches to use as scents in air fresheners or under pillows.

It is legal to extract via sieving to produce hashish.

It is not legal to sell as medicine unless approved.

You could smoke the bud if you wished, it would not be illegal as no law would have been broken unless the vendor sold it for this purpose instead of further extraction. You would be best advised to smoke the bud discreetly though as the vendor might stop selling to you if he realised.

Just like solvent abuse, legally it is not a crime for an adult to sniff glue. But it is illegal for a retailer to sell glue for the purpose of sniffing!

This is why there are so many vendors now selling some quite nice cbd bud and hash in the UK right now.

It does not get you high and tastes pretty mediocre but smells amazing.

It does have a medicinal effect as it is full profile, terpene rich and up to around 22% cbd.

Does not hit you as instantly or as strong as a 99% isolate but the relaxing effects last longer and feel a little heavier right after use.

Although a heavy stoner of THC laden product would probably not notice any effect at all from the cbd buds, unless required to moderate the THC effect of a CBD-less strain.

This is why the police should not be cracking down on this, it will not likely lead to abuse and help more than harm.

Most discerning tokers will always prefer a bit of the hard stuff over this.

Edited by smokinggolden
Add note not to bother to buy if you cane the THC laden weed as might be dissapointed!
2 people like this

11 hours ago, smokinggolden said:

They grow high thc low cbd strains in the EU or Switzerland.

When de-stalked and de-seeded to produce hemp seed and fibre, all that is left is the hemp plant material.

These high cbd hemp flowers left over from this processing can now legally be sold as raw material to extract legal cannabinoids and terpenes from.

These extracts are legal across the EU and in the UK so long as it tests at less than 0.2% THC and is not sold as medicine with medicinal claims. Otherwise they are limited to certain countries that allow slightly higher thc.

So it seems that it is legal to sell high CBD hemp flower material that is less than 0.2% THC for the purpose of further processing by businesses and individuals/hobbyists.

For example to make into CBD isolate or even to sow into little pouches to use as scents in air fresheners or under pillows.

It is legal to extract via sieving to produce hashish.

It is not legal to sell as medicine unless approved.

You could smoke the bud if you wished, it would not be illegal as no law would have been broken unless the vendor sold it for this purpose instead of further extraction. You would be best advised to smoke the bud discreetly though as the vendor might stop selling to you if he realised.

Just like solvent abuse, legally it is not a crime for an adult to sniff glue. But it is illegal for a retailer to sell glue for the purpose of sniffing!

This is why there are so many vendors now selling some quite nice cbd bud and hash in the UK right now.

It does not get you high and tastes pretty mediocre but smells amazing.

It does have a medicinal effect as it is full profile, terpene rich and up to around 22% cbd.

Does not hit you as instantly or as strong as a 99% isolate but the relaxing effects last longer and feel a little heavier right after use.

Although a heavy stoner of THC laden product would probably not notice any effect at all from the cbd buds, unless required to moderate the THC effect of a CBD-less strain.

This is why the police should not be cracking down on this, it will not likely lead to abuse and help more than harm.

Most discerning tokers will always prefer a bit of the hard stuff over this.

Just a small point of information regarding the EU.

The rules on CBD and THC content do vary from country to country, and, as I've stated before, ANY extract from ANY form of cannabis is completely illegal here in Belgium. I can buy pure hempseed oil and hemp seeds (irradiated so they cannot grow) but the second I try to extract any compound then I am doing something that can, at least, land me with a fine and a criminal record. 

Not sure if France has updated their laws, but I do remember that some years ago The Body Shop was banned from selling certain creams, etc, because they were hemp based and I'm sure even shopping bags made from hemp were banned as the law stated that ANYTHING made from hemp was deemed to be "cannabis" and was therefore illegal.

I'm just pointing this out for the benefit of others, as the last thing I want to hear about is someone getting busted over a misconception that the likes of CBD products with even 0.0000000001% THC are legal across the EU. If anyone does intend on travelling to other lands, especially here for our absolutely wonderful beer and cheap as hell tobacco (we did the maths a couple of years back, two people get the Eurostar to Brussels, go into a supermarket and buy 2kg of, say, Drum, meaning UK Customs will not look twice at you as that's their "pulled out of someone's arse" figure at 1kg per person, and the cost saving pays for the train ticket AND your food, drink and at least part of your accommodation costs if doing a weekend trip), then please make sure you understand the local laws as there is not a single hard and fast "rule" covering the entire European Union.