Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kipper420

Newbie saying Hi

23 posts in this topic

Hey Guys and Girls.

Just checking in. 50+ male, East midlands,

I aint done many grows before. This flowering skunk lark is way harder than back in the day.

My second is this year. Managed a good crop last year but for some mould issues.

The greenhouse got too damp.

It makes me paranoid to go there.

Some great knowledge here. looking forward to picking your brains.

Cheers Kipper420

1 person likes this

Hello @Kipper420 

This place is awesome. It’s helped me make it to the end of my first grow. Plenty of diaries on here to get lost in too mate. Some great reading. 

Happy growing :bong:

1 person likes this

I need to read some diaries thanks Padawan.

I'm just a cheap skate trying to be self sufficient.

Bag of compost, rain water, baby bio for veg and comfrey, and tomato food for flower.

No problems making nice healthy plants (despite the spider mites and caterpillers)

I did manage to get some equipment this year to better monitor whats happening.

60x microscope, moisture ph and light meter. hygrometer and finally convinced the wife we needed Kilner jars.

I'm managing the spider mites with a 10% alcohol to water mix. Doesnt kill the eggs. Strip the lining off the little bleeders. I've seen it through the microscope.

Worried sick with the moisture in the greenhouse for the flower stage. Which I think is starting right now.

Anyone one else a skin flint here.

Kip

Ps Did you find there were more cabbage whites around this year or is it just me?

1 person likes this

please help an oldie.

What's the protocol for uploading pictures. I'd like to know whay uoi guys think of my grow.

Is it a case of uploading to a host site then sharing the url.

If so reccomend me a "safe" host please

Thanks

I don't get where I'm going wrong.

Where is it safest to post pics? talk? etc.

I'm not feeling the love.

Hello mate I'm new round these parts to I know you have to post pics directly to this site no hosting site uk420 guys strip the information from the pics so no trace :bong:

1 person likes this

High Kip, there's loads of info on the site and in peeps diaries which is usually in their sigs, check some out, uploads of pics mean that rather than trying to describe any problems a picture speaks a thousand words etc., it took me ages to suss how to do that..........oh, and welcome to 420 :oldtoker: Bom Shiva

1 person likes this

Thanks I'll go suss out the picture thing then. I'm sure I started reading it and got a bit lost along the way.

Maybe I'll stop smoking before I reread too.

I don't really have any major issues yet as such. But I'd value your opinions as long time growers.

Appreciate the help

Kip

hi and welcome kipper....they always come back on me

1 person likes this

yo kipper.

welcome to the site mate.

your intro sounds like a dating thing you used to get in the local paper...kipper,50'S from midlands...made me laugh anyway.

see you around

On 9/13/2018 at 3:56 PM, Kipper420 said:

Is it a case of uploading to a host site then sharing the url.

If so reccomend me a "safe" host please

Hello Kipper, welcome to the site mate. You upload directly here mate, you are not allowed hosting here for obvious security issues.

I use irfanview, free and a piece of piss.

1 person likes this

" your intro sounds like a dating thing "

Defo not that mate although i do have a gsh and a gsc (girl scout cookie)

Edited by Kipper420
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Hello Kipper, welcome to the site mate. You upload directly here mate, you are not allowed hosting here for obvious security issues.

I neglected to read the rules. Seem obvious now but hey ho.

I'll get the hang of it.

Security has never been an issue on any previous forums I've frequented.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Security has never been an issue on any previous forums I've frequented.

Then they couldn`t give a shit about their members then, Joolz has this place done up pretty tight, thank goodness.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Then they couldn`t give a shit about their members then, Joolz has this place done up pretty tight, thank goodness.

I should mention the forums where not 420 related. so no real issues appart from the obvious hacking and id cloning threats.