Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

floppy

240x120x220 extraction advice

I have my new toys arriving today, 2x gavita e series 1000w, with el2 controller & 2x ecm1 modules.

im looking to beef up my extraction, currently in running 10"x1 meter mountain air filter with a 8" 730m3/h acoustic metal box fan. passive intake.

im thinking a 8" rvk L1 1008m3/h with 8" rvk A1 796m3/h for intake, on my smscom hybrid controller.

do you think this will cope? in not looking to turn the gavita to max out at 1150w boosted.

I do know I have to hang them straight to the roof bars as I have 220 hight, although my tent material is flexible, I have extra roof bars, I can see if i can find someone the put a nice bend/stretch them to get a little extra height. kind of make a curve in the roof.

but anyway, extraction, do you think it'll handle the heat? obviously plenty of internal air circulation.

Very much depends on the environment of the room your tent is in. But I would be tempted to go 10" l1, especially as you've got the controller. you may run it turned down most of the time,but in the hot periods you'll be glad for the extra airflow.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

personally i would always go one more than i need. @monkeypig has it spot on

i used short 12 inch filter on a 10 inch fan with 8 inch intake and i still suffered in summer.

Edited by catfish
2 people like this

I think you will struggle, to be honest. 2000w of gavita will make a huge amount of heat in there, and I think that even with a 12 inch extract you might be needing more.

I had a 2.4 by 2.4 tent with 4 x 600s (2400w total), and I had to use a 8 inch L1 plus a 6 inch L1 on full chat, and still ended up using air cooled hoods on 2 of the lights because the temps were still up in the 30's.

I suppose you could start with a 12 inch extract, and 8 inch L1 intake, and if its still not enough, you could add another fan/filter, but it all takes up space.

2 people like this

10" L1 is rated @ 1080m3/h

12" A1 is rated @ 1375m3/h

so not realy much in it.

in hotter months I could put 750w bulbs in & dial it down some.

controller feels quality, wasn't expecting it to feel so.

Posted (edited)

saying that, since you already have the filter I don't suppose you have much choice

But 30% is not what I would describe as "not much in it".

you would be better off upgrading the extraction than turning down the lights no?

Edited by badbillybob
2 people like this

I would say your tent is too small for all that lighting, which is only going to add to the heat issues you're gonna have from those gavitas.

i would defo go with the 10inch L1 for extract :skin_up:

1 person likes this

i have a 10" x 1m mountain air filter.

i think ill try it out first, as i already have the 8" l1 & a1 rvk fans, if i need to go bigger so be it, lol

1 person likes this