Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

colboyxx

How much negative pressure?

Morning everybody, I've got a grow tent set up with a 6" 550m3 as exhaust fan on a speed controller, now I can get some serious negative  pressure when turned right up which is obviously no good, but just how much negative do you need ? 

just enough to suck the sides of the tent in, while still providing a decent amount of air exchange within the tent would be my answer. 

3 people like this

Aye, you only require negative pressure to ensure your filter is processing all the air, far as I know.  Don't think there's anything else going on as far as the plant goes.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just enough to stop air leaking out naturally, once the tent bows in a little you have achieved negative pressure :)

Edited by Inspiration101
2 people like this

Thanks guys.

also if you need your fan to go full power then you could add more passive intake holes to stop the tent pulling in as much

2 people like this

It would help knowing what size tent you have it in and if you use an inlet fan or passive :oldtoker:

Negative pressure allows for the room to be controlled via the ventilation system(s) and have no leaks in regards to aromas.

My tent pulls in like a mo fo ! i have 2 extraction points though that can be turned down , i build frame work with in my tent to keep a "square" inside that the plants can grow into and use practically all the surface area instead of it being 20cm recces all round from the negative pressure.

As Arthur said what size tent are you in ? it would help with suggestions to what intake size should be used.

Farmer 

1 person likes this

What about if your using a grow box and not a tent?