Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lucky dan

Tent and heat control

Hello

I have a Kingbo 1000 wat led light which provides enough light for a 4' x 3' grow, my first question is can I get a tent that size?

Second, how do I control the heat in the tent?

Thank you

Lucky Dan

Get a 1metre one or a 1.2 metre one. It won’t really make much difference. You control the heat (and fresh air intake) with your extraction fan.  What’s the real wattage used from the led light though?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello Rampa Green

the real wattage is 400 watts, I read this, I did not know it as a fact for myself, does this mean that the 1000 watt led light only has the growing capacity of a 400 watt liight?

Lucky Dan

Edited by lucky dan

The only figure that matters,is actual draw from the wall.In your case 400w. '1000w led' is just a marketing exercise.

1 person likes this

Morning all, @ursus1000 does that mean that the more it pulls from the wall the better the led panel is ?

@colboyxx not necessarily. There will be a difference in build quality/components in all light fixtures. But you should always look at the actual draw,and not just the headline figure of '1000w LED'. BTW I know nothing concerning LED itself,although I have read some great info from @Key. I'm just a boring old sodium guy.

1 person likes this

Hello

I have heard that if you want a quieter fan you should buy a larger one that you need and turn it down, has anyone else heard of this?

Thank you Lucky Dan

1 person likes this

Yes. A larger extraction rated fan on a controller turned down will be quieter than a smaller rated fan that has to run at full pelt to achieve the same extraction rate. The larger fan should also last longer because it dosn't have to work as hard to achieve the same extraction rate.

1 person likes this

Im with @ursus1000 on this, i use an 8" extractor with fan controller in a 1.2x1.2x2m tent. Its never had to work harder than 50% of its capacity.

All the best lucky dan

1 person likes this

On 24/08/2018 at 7:43 AM, lucky dan said:

Hello

I have a Kingbo 1000 wat led light which provides enough light for a 4' x 3' grow, my first question is can I get a tent that size?

Second, how do I control the heat in the tent?

Back in the day, controllers were prohibitly expensive, the best we could hope for was a dimmer switch as a speed controller and putting the fan in a box, I used an old pond filter case. Rig it up in the loft and voila! One completely silent fan.