Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmokeyMcpot420

Has my girl hermied?

Posted (edited)

They have all had a lot of stress and there was a light leak. Two of them seem to be doing okay (nearest left and furthest right in last picture), not as well as i've seen for 5 weeks though. The strawberry cough at the back left got stunted for about 2 weeks and is very sativary so is way way behind.

What i'm really concerned about is the Lemon Skunk, she had the same problem as the strawberry cough (some sort of deficiency caused by over watering possibly) but now she is growing very slowly and the buds just... aren't right. There are little to no pistils and there just seems to be hairless small buds, very different from the others as you can see in the last picture. Some of the lower buds have more hairs but the tops are just.. weird. 

I'm wondering if the light leak has hermied her but i can't see any balls..

large.1.jpg.5baa1de20db8cff0afe18edb55bf

large.2.jpg.0c843601479b0d70a317c22a923c

large.3.jpg.3c2e096881bca8041188a594bbbd

large.4.jpg.1990172085ecf1fd45ea7c1a8103

large.5.jpg.d71d8b52c48c6bef8f20a466ca46

large.6.jpg.68d5d3f146532bbc99ac3ea334ec

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by SmokeyMcpot420

Posted (edited)

No balls no hermie. Keep an eye on them. A bit of stress doesn't automatically mean your plants will start producing male parts but it can and does happen frequently. Cannabis is a fairly hardy crop and often takes small incidences in it's stride. 

Edited by pollenlover

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, pollenlover said:

No balls no hermie. Keep an eye on them. A bit of stress doesn't automatically mean your plants will start producing male parts but it can and does happen frequently. Cannabis is a fairly hardy crop and often takes small incidences in it's stride. 

There was a bad light leak for a while i think and they've lived in 30C+ temps a lot of the time.

I've just seen this page: 

Apparently that is a hermie and looks worringly similar to my Lemon Skunk.. What you reckon?

Edited by Owderb
Link removed

Yeah the 3rd picture down does look like it might be. Didn't see all the pictures for some reason before. I would hang on a few more days before you take any action just to be sure. A bad light leak would definitely cause some issues.

Yeah my bad i messed up the pictures at first. 

I had some oven extractor filter over the passive intake and the tape came lose so i could see light leaking from the outside. For some stupid reason i thought it would be okay and i'd get round to fixing it and by the time i did this happened.

It's been like it for a while now, at least a week maybe 2 and growth has been very slow. I'm very worried about it pollinating my other girls and if i chop it i'm going to have to do it inside the tent and chop every bud off then leave the remainder inside the tent until the end of the grow so i need to get it done asap if is a hermie.

I'll see if i can get a better picture when lights go on in a minute. 

If a plant shows balls its a male..if it shows what look like small yellow bananas its hermied and i would pick them out very carefully with tweesers into tissue. Dont split or open them..if they open you are fucked as the pollen will spread and fuck the crop up. Dont wait any longer as they will open soon, if they havent allready. Its difficult to see in your pics due to the light. If they look like this below, then its hermied..but in the pick below the the nana hasnt opened yet..Dont wait any longer if they look like this..pick them out or just throw the hermied plant away carefully not knocking it against anything.

Image result for hermie weed pics

imo thats a geezer in a frock, check the very top of the plant, thats BALLS in amongst the pistils.

3 people like this

Agree with Joint Hogger on closer inspection of pics 2 ans 3..Bin it quick.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the replies guys.

So just to confirm, and anyone else feel free to chip in, she is 100% a hermie?

I asked on another site and one guy said it might not be. I wanna be sure before i cut, which i'd like to do tonight. It's really odd as the Vanilla Kush which would have suffered the same light leak intensity seems to be fine.

The strawberry cough in the opposite corner may be doing the same thing, they both had the same issue (probably iron deficiciency) which i think i sorted but then barely grew bud since, there was a decent bit of stretching and some new leaves. I will take a closer look at it tonight.

Does anyone know what the chances are that pollen has been released in the grow room? I haven't seen any bananas yet but i must admit i've been chopping the odd bud off to smoke off the hermie (i know this is really bad but i've been pretty sure i'm gonna have to bin her anyway).

And what's the risk if i chop inside the tent or room the tent is in? I'll be chopping all the "buds" off to smoke but i can't really do it anywhere else. I'd be taking a big risk doing it out of the tent.

If a plant shows balls its a male..if it shows what look like small yellow bananas its hermied and i would pick them out very carefully with tweesers into tissue. Dont split or open them..if they open you are fucked as the pollen will spread and fuck the crop up. Dont wait any longer as they will open soon, if they havent allready. Its difficult to see in your pics due to the light. If they look like this below, then its hermied..but in the pick below the the nana hasnt opened yet..Dont wait any longer if they look like this..pick them out or just throw the hermied plant away carefully not knocking it against anything.

Image result for hermie weed pics

Sorry forgot to say, i've seen nothing like this at all.

Edited by SmokeyMcpot420

As joint hogger said..its produced balls and female parts as opposed to nanas which is the pic i posted.  If you look at pic 2 and 3 they look like male parts, like a crab claw or the number 6 ..If they have just appeared they may not have opened..if they have been there a couple of weeks theres a good chance they have..is there an odd stale smell in the tent, this is usually an indication that they have opened.  

47 minutes ago, theokoles said:

As joint hogger said..its produced balls and female parts as opposed to nanas which is the pic i posted.  If you look at pic 2 and 3 they look like male parts, like a crab claw or the number 6 ..If they have just appeared they may not have opened..if they have been there a couple of weeks theres a good chance they have..is there an odd stale smell in the tent, this is usually an indication that they have opened.  

Cheers for the info. 

No stale smell, in fact the plants are barely smelling at the moment. Not sure if it's because something is wrong or the ONA odor neutraliser i've been using around the house.

Ok mate then bin any that have those parts and do it now..move them out carefully so as to not knock them and split them open.