Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamsterxxx

Knowledge

27 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, ratdog said:

Yes mate, I had a blueberry do it and all the seeds were fems, but hermies too

I just pulled the balls off lol it was my first time back in 99

e2a, seeds were from a from a mate who had grown DP blueberry

Good to know. Il be throwing my accidental creations away then lol

Id love to have the space for a male but i just dont lol maybe next year in the summer.. i could put one in the garden.. do males smell anything like females or do they just give off the cannabis veg smell? lol

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Good to know. Il be throwing my accidental creations away then lol

Id love to have the space for a male but i just dont lol maybe next year in the summer.. i could put one in the garden.. do males smell anything like females or do they just give off the cannabis veg smell? lol

Atb

JJ

Hmmmm, interested to know this also. Wouldn’t mind a male or two at some point but don’t want to be bothered if they’re stinking the place out. 

1 person likes this

Well I’ve had males from regs before in veg that did have a strong smell if you rubbed their stems but they were culled pretty quickly but I couldn’t imagine they smell less as they mature. I suspect that along with vigour and a few other things that smell is something also used in selecting a desirable male, depending on what you’re looking for.  

I`ve flowered males on the bedroom windowsill several times, but then the extraction was in the same room so I couldn`t give a definitive answer on smell, but I didn`t smell anything even sleeping next to it, I think if you grow them now on a windowsill near your grow you will get enough for plenty of seeds, you really don`t need much and your extraction will mask smell.

3 people like this

Back in the day I had 3 packs of DP Blueberry all hermie. :(

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, JamJar said:

Im a total newb to breeding so i got a question too lol

In @Hamsterxxx case.. hermied plant throws out some dust.. the seeds u get from the females, will they be as good as seeds made with a true male. 

Id assume it would create seeds prone to hermie issues? 

Just wondered as i have a small bag of some i made lol

Atb

JJ

It depends on why it hermie. ;)

59 minutes ago, Muppet said:

It depends on why it hermie. ;)

Can you elaborate? 

Cheers

JJ

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

Can you elaborate? 

Cheers

JJ

Well, if it's hermie because of genetics it's a trait that tends to be passed on. If it was stress you might get away with it. 

I love the way my 'phone knows better than me and twice converted hermied into hermie. 

11 hours ago, ratdog said:

I`ve flowered males on the bedroom windowsill several times, but then the extraction was in the same room so I couldn`t give a definitive answer on smell, but I didn`t smell anything even sleeping next to it, I think if you grow them now on a windowsill near your grow you will get enough for plenty of seeds, you really don`t need much and your extraction will mask smell.

I've  done the same mate , kept them in 3lts pots and stuck them in a cardboard box for 12hr darkness, obviously, you don't get to see them grow to their full potential and pick the best male but you do get pollen

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Can you elaborate? 

Cheers

JJ

Everything was okay I grow under two 600w hps grew to about four feet and then changed the time to 12/12 they started to flower real nice I’m approximately 5 weeks into flower I water at the same time every day and one day last week as I was turning the plants I noticed one male bulb that had grown full and had popped so I had a really good look and I found a couple more. The only other thing is that they were only on the bottom six branches so I have cut them off instead of getting rid of the whole thing as I can’t find any above that six I cut off. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Hamsterxxx said:

Everything was okay I grow under two 600w hps grew to about four feet and then changed the time to 12/12 they started to flower real nice I’m approximately 5 weeks into flower I water at the same time every day and one day last week as I was turning the plants I noticed one male bulb that had grown full and had popped so I had a really good look and I found a couple more. The only other thing is that they were only on the bottom six branches so I have cut them off instead of getting rid of the whole thing as I can’t find any above that six I cut off. 

If it was me..

I would check the whole tent everyday for new nanas or sacks.. get rid of them before they mature and just keep ontop of it for another month or so.. i dont mind the odd seed in my bud tbh.. still can smoke the weed and its still free lol

If not id chop the lot and throw it into a hash pile.. probably be some mild/tripy results as its early. 

Atb

JJ