Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamsterxxx

Knowledge

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have only just started growing my own weed and what I would like to know is on a female plant when she flowers it puts out all these white pistols now if pollen from a male plant was to contact say just one bud is that the whole plant now going to seed or will it just be that one bud. Thanks for any help 

Edited by Owderb
MOVED OUT OF NEW MEMBERS FORUM

Just the one pistil would give one seed mate

2 people like this

Its like very fine dust mate, Just make sure you are careful fans ect will blow it all over the place you might pollinate more than you intended to

2 people like this

Just now, ratdog said:

Just the one pistil would give one seed mate

I know that what I don’t know is does the whole plant need covered in pollen to be full of seeds or if the plant will still be full of seeds because just one branch got pollenated. The reason I’m asking is I have some growing and I just noticed that one plant had some male pollen sacks I got it out of there but today I found a couple of seeds growing on two of the other plants. And I’m trying to find out if they are left to grow will they be full of seeds now or will it just be some seeds 

5 minutes ago, Hamsterxxx said:

does the whole plant need covered in pollen to be full of seeds

yes

if the plant will still be full of seeds because just one branch got pollenated.

no

2 people like this

Depends how much pollen and how far it was distributed. Oscillating fans could have blown it everywhere. If you’re near the end of flower then  you’ll soon find out. 

3 people like this

I know that what I don’t know is does the whole plant need covered in pollen to be full of seeds or if the plant will still be full of seeds because just one branch got pollenated. The reason I’m asking is I have some growing and I just noticed that one plant had some male pollen sacks I got it out of there but today I found a couple of seeds growing on two of the other plants. And I’m trying to find out if they are left to grow will they be full of seeds now or will it just be some seeds 

it depends how much pollen dropped and if the fans have been blowing it around the room mate....

2 people like this

Its the birds ande the bees lollollol

The pollen is sperm and the pistil leads to the ovary to fertilise the egg!

Pistil, the female reproductive part of a flower. The pistil, centrally located, typically consists of a swollen base, the ovary, which contains the potential seeds, or ovules; a stalk, or style, arising from the ovary; and a pollen-receptive tip,

One grain of pollen onto one pistil leads to one seed, so you need many grains of pollen to fertilise a whole plant

Just like having babies lol

Life is amazing if you ask me, just the everyday things like this are mind blowing

6 people like this

It’s quite interesting to watch pollen tubes forming under a microscope, so much going on.

3 people like this

Im a total newb to breeding so i got a question too lol

In @Hamsterxxx case.. hermied plant throws out some dust.. the seeds u get from the females, will they be as good as seeds made with a true male. 

Id assume it would create seeds prone to hermie issues? 

Just wondered as i have a small bag of some i made lol

Atb

JJ

I think the hermie trait would be dominant

im no breeder either but I’m busting to have a go. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Id assume it would create seeds prone to hermie issues? 

Yes mate, I had a blueberry do it and all the seeds were fems, but hermies too

I just pulled the balls off lol it was my first time back in 99

e2a, seeds were from a from a mate who had grown DP blueberry

Edited by ratdog
4 people like this

Straight into the compost heap with any males or hermies for me.  No messing around.  

3 people like this

I’d like to try growing out a few males to see how they vary. Away from my ladies obviously. I think it’d be a good excercise. One day. 

2 hours ago, Davey Jones said:

Its the birds ande the bees lollollol

The pollen is sperm and the pistil leads to the ovary to fertilise the egg!

One grain of pollen onto one pistil leads to one seed, so you need many grains of pollen to fertilise a whole plant

Just like having babies lol

Life is amazing if you ask me, just the everyday things like this are mind blowing

Thanks that was the information I was wondering about 

1 person likes this