Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

colboyxx

Dinafem Purple Orange CBD

93 posts in this topic

Yep that’s answered my questions mate thanks :yep: 

I found I a lot easier to manage the canopy temps once the groom was full, as soon as the canopy went so did the temps, was kinda like a blanket of foliage, but I struggle with air temp a bit, but I am slowly getting there. 

Take care dude.Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

Nice growing mate ;)

I'm mainlining a plant in my veg cab at the moment, it was 4 weeks old yesterday. Doing it slightly different to you, in that the 4 colas at each side will be coming off the same node at the end of the manifold instead of coming off 2 nodes either side. I hope it works out as well as your's has.

If 18-20 lights off is your canopy/room temps it's probably a little cold as your roots will be colder if you haven't got a heat mat under them. Plant looks well though ;)

POcbd is a great smoke, nice up sativa high that doesn't last too long before the cbd kicks in and levels it into a nice stone. I did 4 plants in a cramped space along with others and got 2 main phenos but they were all slightly different in the initial buzz strength. One pheno was more of a creamy orange flavour while the other was more fuelly orange. I preferred the first. Nice for the daytime with the motivational buzz that isn't too strong. I'll follow til the end to see your end result. Your buds are bigger now than mine were at the end lol

2 people like this

@jadenugs thanks for looking in mate, I must admit this mainlining is a bug, great achievement when you can get the plant growing exactly as you want it tho, helps with planning the next grow numbers too, space issues etc. So yeh love it, amazing what you can do if you can handle the veg time of corse. Anyways sadly tonight I've found out mines got spider mites so tomorrow I'm up the grow shop, good luck with your mainlining buddy, and stay safe ah

1 person likes this

Hello all, purple orange cbd not so good today I've noticed some markings on the leaves and researched on here in the sick forum to find I have spider mites, (BOLLOCKS) soooooo here I am asking anyone following to advise me on what to do, the pics above were taken 2 days ago. I really don't know what to do this late in flower (5 weeks) any help please

1 person likes this

On 02/11/2018 at 7:13 PM, colboyxx said:

good luck with your mainlining buddy, and stay safe ah

Cheers dude, I'm only doing it to slow the plant down, as my plans changed after I'd germed the bean but I'm liking it so far.

That's a fucker, getting mites at this stage of bloom. Time of year when all the nasties come indoors when the weather changes. I've only had mites once when I was starting out (touch wood) so I can't help you out much, sorry mate. As you know, you don't really want to be spraying flowers at that stage. Maybe some type of bug bomb that's safe for the plants? I'm sure someone will have an answer for you soon.

When I got them my extraction wasn't up to scratch, a cheapo bathroom fan blowing out of a cupboard door and I had moisture running down the walls inside lol I upgraded the extraction and lowered the temps/humidity and they disappeared. I think I caught it early, no webs, just a few mites and what I think was mite shit on the underside of the leaves. Good luck mate, such a downer when your plant is doing so well. You could maybe wipe a solution on the underside of the leaves with you only having one plant in there and be able to keep on top of them. Just a thought.

2 people like this

On 02/11/2018 at 7:13 PM, colboyxx said:

@jadenugs thanks for looking in mate, I must admit this mainlining is a bug, great achievement when you can get the plant growing exactly as you want it tho, helps with planning the next grow numbers too, space issues etc. So yeh love it, amazing what you can do if you can handle the veg time of corse. Anyways sadly tonight I've found out mines got spider mites so tomorrow I'm up the grow shop, good luck with your mainlining buddy, and stay safe ah

That’s gutting to hear about the spider mites mate. I’ve used the vacuum cleaner on a lower power setting before. It should get you over the finish line. 

Similar to jadenugs idea perhaps you could use a paint brush or small sponge to apply something like a harkers solution to the leaves and stems as long as you keep it away from the parts that’ll be smoked.

Edited by Rick Grimes
3 people like this

Alright there @colboyxx

mites are shit mate, they don’t like the cold for sure, I would be wary of spraying anything on the flowers mate.

Tho lady birds are great predators have a look about in your shed, if your lucky you might have a bunch of them, also them gangley spiders, daddy long legs, they eat a lot of things too, apart from that I would suggest water with garlic in it with a tiny drop of washing up liquid, spray the leaves over and under side.

Anyway good luck hope you win the battle.

Jj:yinyang:

3 people like this

13 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

I’ve used the vacuum cleaner on a lower power setting before.

I wonder if a vacuum cleaner plugged into a variac would slow it right down for delicate operations like this.

9 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Tho lady birds are great predators have a look about in your shed, if your lucky you might have a bunch of them, also them gangley spiders, daddy long legs, they eat a lot of things too, apart from that I would suggest water with garlic in it with a tiny drop of washing up liquid

Lacewings too. If I ever find them in my attic I throw them in the tent. Only trouble is they always end up hitting the lamps and frying at some point.

You just reminded me Jj, I've got some  organic garlic barrier granules that deter slugs. You scattter them around the plant base and they're taken into the roots as they get watered in, making it healthier and more resistant to slugs apparently. Had them years and never used them but I'm wondering if I used them in my indoor grows would they deter other pests like mites. Probably so if garlic does the job as a foliar.

4 people like this

On 02/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, colboyxx said:

I've read the whole plants going to change to purple as we get near the end so maybe things will change then, no sure when that will happen maybe @Dinafem-Mark could let us know.

Typically around week 7 you will start to see the purple colour creeping in :yep:

Colder night time temperatures are not needed but will assist in bringing out that purple trait but not necessary as it's a genetic trait  ;)

Can you see any purple coming in at the moment mate @colboyxx? The stem looks to be turning a much darker colour so I suspect we will see some colour chances in the next 14 day's  ;)

Those buds are really going for it now mate. A massive difference from last week and they are going to continue to stack on that weight  ;)

Looking great in here  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

On 04/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, jadenugs said:

I wonder if a vacuum cleaner plugged into a variac would slow it right down for delicate operations like this.

I just used a Henry hoover on normal setting. I was worried I’d suck the trichs off but that certainly didn’t happen.

I wouldn’t use the new dyson on them but Henry didn’t harm mine.

Edited by Rick Grimes
3 people like this

Morning 420, guys as stated above I've had spider mites set in, it must of been when I was giving the plant some sun during the veg cycle in the garden, bad mistake, lesson learned, I done lots of research on here and elsewhere where I took the advice not to spray anything on her  at this late stage of flower, so I've taken the decision to harvest her, she would of been 6 weeks today in flower, great shame as we were nearly there, so she's drying at the moment, so sorry I couldn't grow this one out folks, I'll clean down and be back with another diary soon. I will of corse let you know weights and smoke report when she's dried, stay safe peeps speak soon. And thanks for all your help.

4 people like this

Such a shame mate, sorry to hear it. On a good note her buds were good for the age.

Enjoy the smoke you have from her.

3 people like this

@colboyxx So sorry to read that mate but you've made the right call. 

Salvage what you can. Nuke the room and equipment to eliminate and spidermites then start again :)

On a positive note. These buds looked good so you should have an ok harvest  :yep:

Sorry mate  :(

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Morning @Dinafem-Mark hope your well mate, yes what can I say, really gutted that I couldn't grow this one out for you buddy, she was coming on great too, just starting to go purple and really putting on weight. Soooooo lesson learned for future. There was some good bud on her so that's drying ATM. As I say weight and smoke report to come, I'll get cleaned up and start again soon, stay safe peeps, speak soon.

2 people like this

Hi everyone, the purple orange has been weighed and jarred today, I've taken a pic for you and pulled 69 grams of smokable bud, @Jibba jabba you asked me earlier on in this grow whether the buds were sticky, well I can safely say yes mate, the buds are as sticky on this one as any other grows I've done,(which is not many I know) but I never noticed and difference in tackiness at all. I hope that helps mate, and I must say a big thankyou to @Dinafem-Mark for making this grow even possible, (another diary coming very soon mate) and everyone who's taken an interest in what I'm doing and helped me along the way, thankyou all, here's a pic of the the outcome guys, stay safe and thanks again, 

large.IMG_1819.JPG

7 people like this