Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

colboyxx

Dinafem Purple Orange CBD

93 posts in this topic

Hi all update time, the purple orange is 3 weeks (21days) old today, alls going well, I've taken the tomato ring off for time being as I feel the stems are sturdy enough to support themselves as your see in the pic below, I'll put it back if needed later, so she's free now to grow as she pleases. She's still drinking a litre a day, I upped the feed to 1ml grow + 3 ml bloom for this week only I hope, then I will lower the bloom when the pistils start turning brown and raise the grow to the end. That's the plan, were see how we go, I also bent some leaves out the way and cut the old first leaves off at the bottom, the lights on temps are stable around 27-29, lights off 21-23 humidity usually sits around 50%, so alls well folks, I've taken lots of pics for you, so enjoy them and I hope I have explained everything ok, till next week enjoy and be safe.

large.IMG_1316.jpglarge.IMG_1317.jpglarge.IMG_1318.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1326.jpglarge.IMG_1325.jpglarge.IMG_1324.jpglarge.IMG_1323.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1663.jpglarge.IMG_1322.jpglarge.IMG_1321.jpglarge.IMG_1320.jpglarge.IMG_1319.jpg

all comments always welcome guys, I'm still very new at this, 

7 people like this

On 15/10/2018 at 6:30 PM, colboyxx said:

Hi @Dinafem-Mark, thanks for looking in mate, yeh very little stretch going on, inches so far to be honest mate, 

This is the feedback we need my friend  :bong:

It let's new growers or potential growers what to expect from this strain ;)

Those fine details matter :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Oh yes, well into the bloom stage now and starting to put on some weight. 

Really nice flowers developing mate :yep:

This is going to be one phenomenal looking plant in full bloom :bong:

Thanks for the update my friend ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
1 person likes this

Kind words @Dinafem-Mark thankyou, yeh very little stretch has happened, inches as I say, I had put that down to the light tho ? Are you saying it's genetics mark ?

1 person likes this

@colboyxx From the grows I've seen and I did one pretty big grow with P.O. CBD about 3 years ago. The stretch has never been over 1.5x and barely noticeable in bloom. Quite a unique trait ;)

The light could be helping but she does have it in her genetics  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Hi @Dinafem-Mark and all who's following, the purple orange is 4 weeks (28 days) into flower today so had her out for some pics, what I did first was get up a photo of the day she went into flower and then compare this with a pic now. I know this will probably interest mark more than most but I hope it will help everybody who's thinking of growing this strain, as you can see real minimum stretch, I'll follow up with normal update bit later too, hope it helps guys,

this is 1st day of flower 

large.IMG_1685.jpg

And this is now and 4 weeks in flower 

large.IMG_1723.jpg

before

large.IMG_1685.jpg

after

large.IMG_1707.jpg

real little stretch so far I think.

7 people like this

Hi again, as promised earlier, its update time, she's 4 weeks (28 days) in flower today and alls well, bit of nute burn started so backed off on the bloom and it doesn't seem to getting any worse so not too worried about that, she's still drinking a litre a day, 1ml grow + 2 ml bloom, no brown pistils showing yet so I will stay on this mix till they do. I've taken lots of pics today so enjoy them and speak soon.

large.IMG_1341.jpglarge.IMG_1340.jpglarge.IMG_1339.jpglarge.IMG_1338.jpglarge.IMG_1342.jpglarge.IMG_1343.jpglarge.IMG_1344.jpglarge.IMG_1707.jpglarge.IMG_1707.jpglarge.IMG_1707.jpglarge.IMG_1707.jpglarge.IMG_1352.jpglarge.IMG_1351.jpglarge.IMG_1350.jpglarge.IMG_1349.jpglarge.IMG_1348.jpglarge.IMG_1347.jpglarge.IMG_1346.jpglarge.IMG_1707.jpg

10 people like this

Doing a great job mate. Plenty of chunky bud development. Doesn't look like you get much fluff with the main lining either, might have a go at it.

Good luck. 

3 people like this

What a difference a few weeks of 12/12 can make. If you look at the pictures taken at day 1 of bloom (12/12) and the pictures now (28 days later) That bud development is crazy and your only at the half way point :yep:

You've got a real talent for plant manipulation, love it and it's starting to pay off  ;)

Things look on track to me mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Kind words @Dinafem-Mark thankyou. Really pleased how this ones coming on, I know mainlining can be challenging at first to get the hang of, but once it's done and 12/12 begins there is so little to do. I open my cab once a day to water, that's it, which works great for me as I don't want it open much as the new light lights the whole bedroom completely, yeh it's that bright it's insane, I only open the cab in the day too, impossible at night the whole street would notice, so please be careful if you purchase one of these lights as it will give you away VERY easy folks, stay safe peeps

2 people like this

11 hours ago, colboyxx said:

I only open the cab in the day too, impossible at night the whole street would notice

Sounds like saving grace mate lol

You've definitely got the mainlining tech down and it shows ;)

Keep up the great work my friend. 

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Hi all update time again, purple orange is 5 weeks (35 days) into flower today, still all ok had a few yellowing leaves so upped the grow by 1ml, she still getting a litre a day, we now have some browning of the pistils as you will see below so I will lower the bloom now and up the grow a tad. The light has been down too 12" with no ill effect as I can see so far, I can't believe this girls got three maybe four weeks to go, the buds as they are now, are as big as I've grown with weeks to go yet, going to get really exciting peeps, stay tuned, let me know what you think.

large.IMG_1353.JPGlarge.IMG_1358.JPGlarge.IMG_1357.JPGlarge.IMG_1356.JPGlarge.IMG_1355.JPGlarge.IMG_1354.JPGlarge.IMG_1359.JPGlarge.IMG_1360.JPGlarge.IMG_1361.JPGlarge.IMG_1362.JPGlarge.IMG_1363.JPGlarge.IMG_1364.JPGlarge.IMG_1365.JPGlarge.IMG_1366.JPGlarge.IMG_1367.JPGlarge.IMG_1368.JPGlarge.IMG_1369.JPGlarge.IMG_1370.JPGlarge.IMG_1371.JPGlarge.IMG_1372.JPGlarge.IMG_1373.JPGlarge.IMG_1374.JPG

5 people like this

Few different light pics.

large.IMG_1389.jpglarge.IMG_1390.jpglarge.IMG_1391.jpglarge.IMG_1392.jpglarge.IMG_1393.jpglarge.IMG_1394.jpglarge.IMG_1395.jpglarge.IMG_1396.jpglarge.IMG_1397.jpg

5 people like this

Alright there @colboyxx

You sure are gonna pull some buds from this one mate, looks lovely.

Does look a little bit on the cold side.

Are you getting much aromas from her yet?

I have heard that the cbd plants are not as sticky, what’s your thoughts on this?

I am thinking of doing some cbd stuff to see if it will help my nut out a bit, all I have heard is good reports, I’ll look forward to your opinion. 

Take me it easy.Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

Morning @Jibba jabba thanks for looking in mate, I'm really glad you mentioned the cold, as a relatively new grower I thought she was hungry, so I upped the grow, my lights on temps are 27-29 as advised by Adam over at diyled, and my lights off are getting down between 18-20, is that too low ?

the smell buddy is gorgeous, sweet and fruity aromas which hit you as soon as you open the cab. Real nice !

as to stickiness, the buds are sticky to the touch yes, I can't see much frosting at the moment to the buds as I've seen with previous grows on the top of the plant but maybe that will come on later, I've read the whole plants going to change to purple as we get near the end so maybe things will change then, no sure when that will happen maybe @Dinafem-Mark could let us know.

i hope I've answered your questions for you @Jibba jabba mate, as I say I haven't been growing that long, just a couple of grows myself so all still very new to me but I hope I've been some help mate. Anything else mate just shout and I'll do my best to answer your questions, I've never grown or smoked cbd before and also like yourself I want to try it for my nut. Nice to talk to you buddy, stay safe.

2 people like this