Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GreengoStarr

Dream Berry and Chem OG

39 posts in this topic

Ok, update #2

So, the good news is that I've been able to set up my tent again and finally got the girls back in there yesterday and have given them a bit of a haircut since these pics were taken.

As can be seen in the previous pics, the attic is insulated, but only on the floor with bare slate tiles above. As such, the space has been really cold during the cooler weather (I haven't bought a replacement thermometer since my last dual temp/RH fell into a hydro tank, so I don't know how cold) and the girls have really suffered as a result. Remember that I flipped to 12/12 on 13 Oct and the above pics were taken on 30 October and you'll see that they have not grown much or even progressed into flower that much. I'd say the cold has really stunted their growth. Hopefully, with a more amenable climate they will improve somewhat. I'm also including a pic here of one of my WWxBB X Chendawgs to show how much better it has fared under the same conditions and with a gorgeous deep purple colour brought on by the cold.

I've just realised I've inadvertently deleted pics of the larger DB so I'll have to take some pics tomorrow to update.

Because this grow and especially this diary have been less than optimal, I have already put some more DB and COG seeds into germinate and will do another diary tout suite, albeit under much better conditions.

Chem OG

large.P1020647.JPG.e6119cb78606b4707b33f

Dream Berry #1

large.P1020646.JPG.b08f37d82bd7743737061

large.P1020645.JPG.c4e17f50bc886c939917a

WWxBB X Chemdawg

large.P1020640.JPG.76b7893dcf72d553e8b56

large.P1020639.JPG.efde76bbe1d831d666fe8

1 person likes this

a lot of strains wouldnt survive what theyve been through ..got some tough genes in them those have 

2 people like this

As promised, the pics of the bigger and better looking Dream Berry taken last night after a heavy haircut (defoliation).

Wishing everyone at Female Seeds and 420 UK a very mellow and merry Christmas - Bong on, Klingon!

large.P1020650.JPG.d0441772bc7c571670f0b

large.P1020651.JPG.47e05ebe7375bb7962913

large.P1020653.JPG.8eece00fd023983f3726a

large.P1020654.JPG.452635897e7a5effcce3a

large.P1020655.JPG.5e66a5c97fc45691b931e

Edited by GreengoStarr
3 people like this

On 12/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, GreengoStarr said:

As promised, the pics of the bigger and better looking Dream Berry taken last night after a heavy haircut (defoliation).

Wishing everyone at Female Seeds and 420 UK a very mellow and merry Christmas - Bong on, Klingon!

large.P1020650.JPG.d0441772bc7c571670f0b

large.P1020651.JPG.47e05ebe7375bb7962913

large.P1020653.JPG.8eece00fd023983f3726a

large.P1020654.JPG.452635897e7a5effcce3a

large.P1020655.JPG.5e66a5c97fc45691b931e

Hello Greengo, hope all is well and that you are having a great beginning of the year too.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive besides being in such difficult situation and environment, I appreciate that a lot from you.
It's normal that they suffered a bit the cold, but besides being stunted your ladies are still there, still willing to fight. Are you giving them some specific nuts or so?

And those colours on the Dream Berry look truly gorgeous :) And nice that you started some more seeds, I am pretty curious to hear about those soon too ;)

And any smell developing yet?

Thanks again and keep up the good work,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Shit, where does the time go?

I've been meaning to update for so long, but ...

Anyway, this is now going to be a massive update covering the plants already higlighted in this diary, plus news and updates on the next gen.

Mr B, you asked about the smell of the Dream Berry, but you really didn't need to; the smell was something I was going to mention regardless.

They both smelt identical, obviously a sign of good breeding practices, and were incredibly sweet and fruity smelling - absofuckinglutely delicious; if I were pushed to name a fruit, I would definitely say dark berries. It's kind of funny, but I had myself a cup of Berry Fruits tea recently while being all cosy and comfy in bed and left the cup next to my bed. Every so often, the smell from the cup would waft up to my nose and I would  look around to see why I could smell the plants, only to then remember it was berry fruits tea I had just had. The smell was virtually identical.

I gave them all one feed when they first went in the tent with a 650 ppm mix of General Hydroponics FloraMicro and FloraBloom and then straight water after that. AS I had flipped at the beginning of October, I didn't expect them to take too long before I harvested so didn't feed them again as I was always in flush mode after that, if you know what I mean. I certainly wasn't expecting to be harvesting February, but I don't think this played any part in bud development as I continued feeding the purple WWxBB X Chemdawg I posted pics of earlier, and there was little to no difference in bud development between that and the ones from this diary.

So, even though I flipped in early October, the flowers had not really developed too much and the trichomes were still relatively clear when I transferred them into the tent. I let one of the DB's go until January 16 before chopping and I'll post pics of those first. The leaf to flower ratio was very high and the buds were very disappointing, but I put this down to the trauma it had undergone as ALL the plants from that crop, including my own WWxBB X Chemdawg hack, which normally has stonking big, fat buds, were the same.

So, here is the first one on the day of harvest.

P1020674.jpg

P1020676.jpg

P1020675.jpg

P1020677.jpg

I let the second DB go for another two weeks and chopped both it and the Chem OG on Feb 3. I admit that I didn't check the triches of the first DB I chopped under a scope, but I did on the second and even after nearly 17 weeks of 12/12, there were very few that had turned amber, with the majority only opaque. Is this normal for this strain or do you think this could just be a result of their growing conditions?

The Chem OG really didn't have much smell at at all and was very disappointing overall. Again, I am not blaming the genetics, but the conditions under which it was grown. I've just realised that I didn't even bother to get a pic at harvest time. That being said, despite the lousy leaft to flower ratio and lack of perfume, the final smoke was still quite potent.

And here are some pics of the second DB on harvest day. If you zoom in on this first pic, you'll notice that there are still the odd creamy coloured pistils (and this is the reason I let it go 2 weeks longer than the first).

feb31.jpg

feb3.jpg

I took some pics of the DB buds and the first one is from the first DB harvested, which I trimmed fairly aggressively (but still with more leaf left than I would normally leave) and the next two pics from the 2nd one harvested. Nonetheless, you can still see that they are pretty resinous. The smell has definitely changed as they cured and don't smell as fruity as they did when harvested and has a strong, very sharp, almost pine-o-clean smell in front of the fruitiness. The smoke is absolutely delicious - very sweet and smooth - and an absolutely lovely smoke and I'm just about to have my first chuff for a couple of days as I finish composing this post.

I didn't bother snapping and shots of the COG buds as they really weren't photogenic in the slightest.

P1020694.jpg

P1020695.jpg

P1020696.jpg

OK, moving on to the next grow (and nicely baked after one medium sized cone of the purple WWxBB X Chemdawg and the same of the first picked Dream Berry);

I said I would keep a diary and here it is. It's unfortunate that it has taken me this long to get it started, but I will hopefully be able to keep this update once a week.

Overall, I germinated 6 Chem OGs (COGs) and 6 Dream Berrys, which is far more than I intended and I'll explain why. Unbeknownst to me, I had brought in quite the pest collection when I brought the first crop inside and only discovered it when I got the plants into tent where I could see them clearly and properly for the first time. Many of the buds were infested with thrips and had small slugs hidden in the soil (I think I may still have one).

I have never had an issue with pests before and I put that down to my pre emptive strategy; I normally keep spiders in my tent, which I pick up around the house and that has ensured I've been pest free. Unfortunately, as the tent had been emptied and cleaned months before, I had no spiders in the the tent. Compounding the issue is the fact that spiders around the house during winter are few and far between.

I managed to find the slugs in the soil after harvest and disposed of them tout suite. As for the thrips, being exceptionally mindful the consequences of pesticides on the buds, I simply prayed the buds a few times with a warm mixture of soapy water, followed by a couple of heavy sprays with fresh water and that took care of that. However, these little beasts still managed to attack the new sprouts and chew their heads off; I strongly believe that it was a slug responsible, though I still haven't found the bastard yet.

The slug seems to have had a preference for the Dream Berry as I only ended up with two plants, whereas I have four COGs. Due to this unauthorised planticide, the plants are of varying ages with up to a week or more between them. I didn't feed them until I potted them up and this was probably a mistake as one or two plants in the crop (I am also growing other varieties as well - some more WWxBB X Chemdawg and another member's Strawberry Amnesia X Double Durban hack) were starting to show signs of deficiencies.

I am using a commercial garden fertilizer at the moment, which is very high in all three major nutrients (NPK) and not what I would ordinarily choose, but it is on hand and convenient. I have to admit to doing something rather stoopid with the first feed insofar as I, without thinking, made up a full strength batch and fed them. It was only afterwards that I realised what I'd done.  I decided to check the PPMs and was not pleased to see it was 1600 ppm. I thought about flushing with plain water, but let them be. They seemed to suffer no ill effects except for one DB which is showing signs of nitrogen toxicity in one set of lower leaves. Since then, I have been giving feeds every second watering, but with a much lower ppm of around 500.

I took the following pics on the 16th and can't believe how much they have grown since then (I'll update pics within the week), they've doubled in size. 

I've topped all of them at the 4th node and will top them all again, leaving 12 branches in total.

Chem OG

feb16.jpg

P1020690.jpg

Dream Berry

P1020691.jpg

P1020693.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this long overdue update, Mr B, but I'm sure this current crop will be different.

So, here's a cheers to a new beginning where I can really control the environment and monitor them and really do the seeds proud!

3 people like this

Good Afternoon @GreengoStarr, hope all is well my friend :)

Long time no see indeed but glad to see you back with some lovely updates!

About the smell. I am so happy to hear about such a peculiar terpene profile, mouthwatering for real. And I really like the description you gave, sounds really proper.
I definitely know what you mean. And I remember well about the environment you had and how difficult was to deal with such a grow space. 
The trauma did play a major role obviously but I see that in one way or the other you could try it out and get an idea of the strain. Seems like the Nev Haze genes/traits became evident later in the curing, that's also something interesting tbh with you.

About thricomes, as I never heard about what you are stating, I strongly believe this is a result of their growing conditions. But still, 17 weeks of 12/12? :scared: 

About the new grow. I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered as I was hoping for you to enjoy an easy, trouble free grow...But could finally solve the issue? 
I am really excited about this grow and if you'll be able to keep it up with updates and descriptions, I am sure we will have lots of fun.

Goode that you topped them, especially the Dream Berry, this will help you a lot with height control. And again, be careful with the Chem OG, she's slightly more sensible to nuts than the Dream Berry ;)

How long are you planning to veg for? And what about pots size?

Cheers to a new beginning, wish you all the best with this adventure! And no worries, I will join the ride and help when needed :D

Take care,
Mr B.

Hey Mr B, I was going to do an update yesterday, but I was unhappy with the quality of the pics I took, so I deleted them all, but will take some more later today when they wake up and give a full update with as much info as possible on growing environment/pot size/ nutrients/etc.  etc.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As promised, it's update time.

During the last week, I up potted all the plants in the tent, with the smaller ones being finished  yesterday. This is their 3rd time being potted up, going from from very small post initially and then into 1 litre pots and this time into 7 litre pots. This is the largest size pot I used in the last grow, but I would like to pot them all up one final time into 11 litre pots and will probably do that around the time I flip them to 12/12.

It's difficult to say exactly how old the plants are as they are of varying ages due to replacing those that were eaten and I confess to not keeping a record of when, but some of the plants are already well and truly ready to flip, but, as can be seen in the pics I took tonight, some are still a little ways off. This is especially important for me in this grow as I want to take some cuttings for clones as I've gone through my entire female seeds supply as a result of insect damage. Well, let's be specific, mollusc damage as there are definitely slugs in the soil. One of my other plants in this grow shows very clear evidence of slugs - slime trail and leaf damage - and I've also noticed a very small amount of slug damage on of the COGs, which I've I've highlighted in the final picture in this post. That being said, I will probably flip in the next week or so as the tent is starting to fill up (I currently have 12 plants in this grow - the 6 Female Seeds of this diary and 6 regulars - 5 of my own wwxbb X Chemdawg hacks and one Strawberry Amnesia X Double Durban and, as such, I am expecting to cull some males, however only one of the wwxbb X CDs is showing masculine tendencies so far).

I've been alternating between a very low concentration of the high NPK fertiliser I've been using (around 450 - 500 ppm) and plain water and will continue to do that until I flip. Then I will start tailoring the nutrients to their growing cycle.

I started all the seedlings in the tent under one of LED panels (the Viparspectra 450) and have had the exhaust fan off for the majority of time, predominantly to maintain the tent temperature around 18 -20 C during lights on (the room where the tent is has no heating as the exhaust vents through the velux in the ceiling and is therefore much cooler during winter than I would prefer, but not so cold that I would consider putting heating in the tent). But now that the plants are really starting to grow, I've had to switch on my other LED panel (Platinum LED 450) to give better coverage in the tent, especially since I've potted up.

As both LED panels don't give off a great deal of heat in veg mode, I've been moderating my use of the exhaust fan as well, but with so much foliage in the tent now, there is a great deal of transpiration from the leaves and the cool afternoons are causing this to condense on the walls of the tent. Therefore, I run the exhaust for a couple of minutes at lights on and a couple of minutes before lights off. This has been sufficient to ensure that mould has not has a chance to take root, but I can't keep doing this forever. Fortunately, Spring is almost with us and the warmer temps, coupled with the increased heat from the bloom mode of the LEDs, means I will switch the exhaust on permanently during lights on initially and 24/7 later in grow. One factor influencing me to do this is the fact that the exhaust fan is fucking loud, like sitting inside a jumbo jet during flight, and can be heard from outside the groom.

I think this just about covers everything for this update, but If you want any more info Mr B, just let me know.

And without any further ado, here are tonight's pics.

Dream Berry

This DB, as mentioned previously, is the only plant in the whole tent  that is showing signs of possible nitrogen toxicity. The curling, clawed leaves can clearly be seen.

Of the two Dream Berry, this one is the oldest and the leading shoots where it was topped was getting very leggy. Therefore, I super cropped both stems yesterday to both open up the centre and to reduce the overall height to keep it closer in size to the rest of the tent.

P1020723.png

P1020724.png

P1020725.png

P1020726.png

P1020727.png

Chem OG

I didn't include a pic of this one in the last update as I was debating whether to actually cull it or let it grow. For the moment, I have decided to to let it grow.

This little one was hit by malnutrition in it's early days and was beset by many symptoms of nutrient deficiency, but has since started bouncing back and thriving, especially since potting up.

P1020729.png

P1020730.png

P1020731.png

P1020733.png

P1020735.png

Noticed this wee hole where a slug has been feasting.

P1020736.png

Edited by GreengoStarr
2 people like this

Time for my next update.

Let me start off with the Dream Berry from the previous harvest.

Taking a sniff from the curing jar and the sharp almost Pine O Clean smell that I mentioned before has mellowed greatly , but it doesn't smell anything like the moment of harvest. There is still a certain sharpness from the terpenes, but it's rounded off allowing the fruitiness to come more to the fore. It almost smells as if it's wrapped in Wrigley's Juicy Fruit.

Taking a bud in hand, the smell is obviously not as concentrated and quite different to the smell from the jar, much fruitier, but still not like the obvious dark berry smell at harvest and very strong smelling (unlike some of my others which need a little squeeze before you can appreciate the terpenes). Squeezing it leaves me sighing in ecstasy, it smells so delicious and it must surely rank in my top 2 favourite cannabis aromas that I have ever grown. The #1 spot is held by a bag seed I grew decades ago in the great Australian Outdoors, but grown through the winter months and with an aroma absolutely identical to Mango - my favourite fruit. The Dream Berry is an absolute delight to smoke, going down smoothly and with an amazing taste that I can't quite put into words, but which surprisingly leaves a dark berry flavour on the lips on the exhale.

Mr. B. This is by far my favourite smoke for a very, very long time as far as smell and taste and the effect is not too shabby, either; I just love it and it's pretty much what I'm exclusively smoking, mixing it up occasionally with another variety with small chunks of my own mixed strain hash on top.

As the tent was starting to fill up, I decided it was high time (yes, pun intended) to flip so I switched on the bloom lights on both LED panels on Friday 8 March and they had their first 12/12 day on Saturday 9 March. For various reasons, I run the days in the tent completely opposite to the outside world, that is, lights on at 8pm in the evening and off at 8 am. And this my excuse for the poor quality of the pics as I can only take them out of the tent during these times so I only have the shitty low wattage ceiling light for illumination and I really would prefer not to use a flash. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

I watered the roots in well when I up potted them and they have only needed to be watered twice since then. The first watering after  I used a 620 ppm solution of the high NPK fertilizer I've been using and the second was just plain water.

I have also given the COGs a damn good defoliation, picking off the larger leaves from the centre of the plant to expose the growing tips beneath, but left the outside fan leaves. All 4 of the COGs are coming along nicely and there is only one very minor issue with one.

I think there must be a slug that buries itself in the soil in one of the COGS as only this one and another variety have been affected. The damage has not been too extensive and I don't really seeing it affecting the plant negatively at all. In fact, it may just have the benefit of strengthening the plant in all areas, including psychoactively, if the literature is to be believed. I took a few pics of the slime trails to show it, but there were not very clear.

The Dream Berry I believe to have suffered Nitrogen Toxicity is ugly as fuck, with the horrible curled leaves. I haven't fertilised this one since up potting and, despite this and over nitrogenation, is the tallest plant in the entire tent, but she's leggy, very leggy. The new growth appears to be coming through normally and I hope that continues. To show how well it is growing, I couldn't even see where I had recently topped it for the second time, it had grown that much!

The other DB is a little way behind, but it is a week or so younger, but it also very, very leggy. I subsequently topped this right after taking the photos below. I have kept the two tops to clone for the next crop as I love this variety so much.

Anyway, here are the pics until next time. which will probably be in another fortnight or so.

Chem OG

P1020744.png

P1020745.png

P1020748.png

P1020752.png

Dream Berry

P1020753.png

P1020755.png

P1020756.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Female Seeds Team

Hey Mr B,

seeing as I only managed to get a 40% success rate with the Dream Berry, thanks to my inability to find slugs coupled with their voracious appetites for newly hatched seedlings, plus the fact that I absolutely love it and the fact that it has become my new favourite smoke, I decided I would order myself some more from the website.

Well, a couple of things, the 20% discount code on the front page, much to my wallet's disappointment, expired on 14 March!.

But, even worse than that, I saw this warning notice:

WARNING

WE REFUSE TO SELL CANNABIS SEEDS TO ANYONE WHO WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE IS GOING TO USE THEM TO CULTIVATE CANNABIS IN COUNTRIES WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL

Mr, B, you know I am going to grow these and, being UK420, you know there is a very high possibility that I would do this within the UK where it is illegal to be a bedroom farmer!

Is there any we could possibly get around this?

/s

One final point about the site; here's a lovely and totally accurate description of the Dream Berry, however it contains a typo, which I've corrected in red. 

The Dream Berry strain canme from a stabilized Blue Dream clone mom, with a Blueberry-dominant Blueberry Cheesecake pheno. This hybrid is going to be your new daytime companion because of its highly creative, energetic and uplifting cerebral high combined with a smooth, relaxing body high. Our Dream Berry strain makes anyone talkative and can definitely be described as a social smoke. Dream Berry relaxes and relieves pain symptoms, nausea and alleviates depression. 

Actually, I've just gone back to the site and searched for Dream Berry, when the result comes up, there is no obvious way to find strain information.

I had to find it using a web search.

And one final PS, I've been smoking the delicious strain while composing this post and I hafta admit that it sure activated my creativity and humour :)

Edited by GreengoStarr
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK, as to my slug issue. Apart from the ravenous wee beasties chomping my freshly germinated sproutlings, I was not too fussed about the small amount of damage that was being done to the leaves. Now that that they have started flowering, there is no way I would let them loose to slime up the buds and ruin them so I took action.

I'm very much an old school gardener and don't like to use poisons in my garden, both outside and in and much prefer natural remedies wherever possible. Many, many, many years ago, when I first started gardening in Australia, I had an issue with slugs devouring all my tasty young plants and sought a natural solution. Someone suggested using beer, which was perfect for me as I was doing home brew regularly at the time and had a surplus at bottling time with the sediment heavy bottom. I poured some of this into a load of cups and buried them all in a ring around my patch so the open top was level with the soil. It proved to be extremely effective and I never had slug issues again until now.

So, I made the decision to get some beer yesterday ( I rarely drink these days) and cut the bottom of a couple of cans and buried them in the top of the affected pots (2, but only one for this diary) last night during lights on and waited. I checked as soon as the lights came on tonight and this is what I found. See pic below.

sluggy.jpg

I'll update later this week with all the news and pics of the girls.

Edited by GreengoStarr
1 person likes this

On 3/23/2019 at 0:45 AM, GreengoStarr said:

@Female Seeds Team

Hey Mr B,

seeing as I only managed to get a 40% success rate with the Dream Berry, thanks to my inability to find slugs coupled with their voracious appetites for newly hatched seedlings, plus the fact that I absolutely love it and the fact that it has become my new favourite smoke, I decided I would order myself some more from the website.

Well, a couple of things, the 20% discount code on the front page, much to my wallet's disappointment, expired on 14 March!.

But, even worse than that, I saw this warning notice:

WARNING

WE REFUSE TO SELL CANNABIS SEEDS TO ANYONE WHO WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE IS GOING TO USE THEM TO CULTIVATE CANNABIS IN COUNTRIES WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL

Mr, B, you know I am going to grow these and, being UK420, you know there is a very high possibility that I would do this within the UK where it is illegal to be a bedroom farmer!

Is there any we could possibly get around this?

/s

One final point about the site; here's a lovely and totally accurate description of the Dream Berry, however it contains a typo, which I've corrected in red. 

The Dream Berry strain canme from a stabilized Blue Dream clone mom, with a Blueberry-dominant Blueberry Cheesecake pheno. This hybrid is going to be your new daytime companion because of its highly creative, energetic and uplifting cerebral high combined with a smooth, relaxing body high. Our Dream Berry strain makes anyone talkative and can definitely be described as a social smoke. Dream Berry relaxes and relieves pain symptoms, nausea and alleviates depression. 

Actually, I've just gone back to the site and searched for Dream Berry, when the result comes up, there is no obvious way to find strain information.

I had to find it using a web search.

And one final PS, I've been smoking the delicious strain while composing this post and I hafta admit that it sure activated my creativity and humour :)

Hello @GreengoStarr! Hope you are doing well :)

I am glad to hear that Dream Berry became your favourite smoke, that's a very nice compliment and I totally know what you mean. The terpene profile of this strain is extremely peculiar and it's fantastic that you share this opinion too.

Well, yes...the discount was valid until the 14th indeed, it is what it is somehow...

About the warning...well that's something that we are force to put for various reason but I mean, that's not stopping us from selling and you from buying. I don't know if you ever realised but many seedbanks, in their term and condition, must include some sort of warnings because unfortunately (and still) cannabis is not legal all around the world. We have to include these sentences in our term and condition because that's how it is. But obviously, this never stopped someone from buying seeds...and tbh, most of people, don't even read these conditions anymore as they already know that what they're doing it's somehow illegal...you can obviously buy seeds without a problem from us while that sentence it's just a warning in order to be careful and to know the laws of your country...

On 3/26/2019 at 9:49 PM, GreengoStarr said:

OK, as to my slug issue. Apart from the ravenous wee beasties chomping my freshly germinated sproutlings, I was not too fussed about the small amount of damage that was being done to the leaves. Now that that they have started flowering, there is no way I would let them loose to slime up the buds and ruin them so I took action.

I'm very much an old school gardener and don't like to use poisons in my garden, both outside and in and much prefer natural remedies wherever possible. Many, many, many years ago, when I first started gardening in Australia, I had an issue with slugs devouring all my tasty young plants and sought a natural solution. Someone suggested using beer, which was perfect for me as I was doing home brew regularly at the time and had a surplus at bottling time with the sediment heavy bottom. I poured some of this into a load of cups and buried them all in a ring around my patch so the open top was level with the soil. It proved to be extremely effective and I never had slug issues again until now.

So, I made the decision to get some beer yesterday ( I rarely drink these days) and cut the bottom of a couple of cans and buried them in the top of the affected pots (2, but only one for this diary) last night during lights on and waited. I checked as soon as the lights came on tonight and this is what I found. See pic below.

sluggy.jpg

I'll update later this week with all the news and pics of the girls.

That's fantastic, so you finally removed the slugs from your grow room?!

I did not know about the beer method but great that it worked immediately :D

Hope everything will be easier for you from now on!

Until next update,

Take care,
MR B.

1 person likes this

So, everything is going well in the groom as the ladies start to show their girly bits.

In what seems a counter intuitive move, I've potted up most of the smaller plants to 11 litre pots.

Why the smaller ones and not the bigger ones?

Firstly, the tallest DB, despite its ugliness, is still going from strength to strength and growing like one of Jack's beanstalks and is still the tallest plant in the groom even though she suffered from apparent nitrogen toxicity and having the upper limbs supercropped. Were I to give the roots more room, I'm worried that she will just keep going through the roof. The smaller, well, I want them to have more area for the roots to encourage them to keep stretching, plus the larger pots have the additional benefit of bringing the crowns closer to the top of the canopy.

The smaller Db, in contrast to the other, is showing some early yellowing of the lower leaves,so I have been feeding her more often than the other.

The smallest COG, which suffered from nutrient deficiency in it's early stages has started to stretch like a mother, with incredible internodal growth; at least she, like the DB, will allow plenty of light to the lower branches.

I'm still keeping up with the high NPK fertiliser at a low concentration of around 600 ppm on all plants for the moment, bar the taller DB and she is is getting a 600 pppm solution of flora micro and flora bloom. I'll probably switch them all over to the micro/bloom mix for future feeds as the micro should contain just enough nitrogen to keep them ticking over as they now seem at the back of their stretch.

Without any further ado, here are some pics taken on Saturday night.

Dream Berry

P1020767.jpg

P1020764.jpg

Chem OG

P1020771.jpg

P1020772.jpg

P1020775.jpg

P1020776.jpg

1 person likes this

On 4/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, GreengoStarr said:

So, everything is going well in the groom as the ladies start to show their girly bits.

In what seems a counter intuitive move, I've potted up most of the smaller plants to 11 litre pots.

Why the smaller ones and not the bigger ones?

Firstly, the tallest DB, despite its ugliness, is still going from strength to strength and growing like one of Jack's beanstalks and is still the tallest plant in the groom even though she suffered from apparent nitrogen toxicity and having the upper limbs supercropped. Were I to give the roots more room, I'm worried that she will just keep going through the roof. The smaller, well, I want them to have more area for the roots to encourage them to keep stretching, plus the larger pots have the additional benefit of bringing the crowns closer to the top of the canopy.

The smaller Db, in contrast to the other, is showing some early yellowing of the lower leaves,so I have been feeding her more often than the other.

The smallest COG, which suffered from nutrient deficiency in it's early stages has started to stretch like a mother, with incredible internodal growth; at least she, like the DB, will allow plenty of light to the lower branches.

I'm still keeping up with the high NPK fertiliser at a low concentration of around 600 ppm on all plants for the moment, bar the taller DB and she is is getting a 600 pppm solution of flora micro and flora bloom. I'll probably switch them all over to the micro/bloom mix for future feeds as the micro should contain just enough nitrogen to keep them ticking over as they now seem at the back of their stretch.

Without any further ado, here are some pics taken on Saturday night.

Dream Berry

P1020767.jpg

P1020764.jpg

Chem OG

P1020771.jpg

P1020772.jpg

P1020775.jpg

P1020776.jpg

Good morning Greengo, hope all is well, my friend :)

Nice to see your ladies getting more comfortable, that's a great news. Are these going to be their final pots?
The tall Dream Berry shows the Nev. Haze pheno probably, stretching like crazy and super difficult to control as she won't stop getting taller and taller. Be careful because you might need to supercrop or more in the nearly future...

Chem OG look fine, quite some internodal stretch indeed, which might help and Indica strain like her :D

What about flowering? According to your schedule when were you planning to switch 12/12?

Thanks for the pics update, much appreciated!

Take care,
Mr B.

Just now, Female Seeds Team said:

Good morning Greengo, hope all is well, my friend :)

Nice to see your ladies getting more comfortable, that's a great news. Are these going to be their final pots?
The tall Dream Berry shows the Nev. Haze pheno probably, stretching like crazy and super difficult to control as she won't stop getting taller and taller. Be careful because you might need to supercrop or more in the nearly future...

Chem OG look fine, quite some internodal stretch indeed, which might help and Indica strain like her :D

What about flowering? According to your schedule when were you planning to switch 12/12?

Thanks for the pics update, much appreciated!

Take care,
Mr B.

Morning Mr. B.

I switched to 12/12 on March 9 and they are flowering nicely with pics coming soon.

Off the top of my head, I believe I have up potted all but Jack's bean stalk into 12 litre pots, but can't confirm that till lights on.

I'll give an update either at the end of the weekend or Monday.

Take care and KIG.

1 person likes this