Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GreengoStarr

Dream Berry and Chem OG

39 posts in this topic

Hi all and welcome to my diary.

This is a seeds for diary with many thanks to Female Seeds and Mr. B.

Firstly, Dream Berry

Genetic lineage: (Blueberry x Haze) x Nev Haze x Blueberry Cheesecake 
Indoor flowering time: 9-10 weeks 
Outdoor harvest: Yes. See map for suitable outdoor zones worldwide and corresponding harvest periods 
Height: Indoor: 80-150 cm | Outdoor: 2-4 meters 
Yield: Indoor: 200-400 g/m² | Outdoor: 200-1500 g/plant 
Yield: sweet and soft like Blueberry, with some woody Haze and herbal undertones 
Effect: Highly creative, energetic and uplifting high, the day companion you always dreamed of! 

Chem OG

Genetic lineage: OG Kush x Chemdawg 
Indoor flowering time: 8-9 weeks 
Outdoor harvest: Yes. See map for suitable outdoor zones worldwide and corresponding harvest periods 
Height: Indoor: 80-110 cm | Outdoor: 1,5-2,5m 
Yield: Indoor: 500-600 g/m² | Outdoor: 600-1200g/plant 
Yield: smooth and delicate smell, intense flavour combination: sour lemon, pine and earthy with a pungent diesel/fuel taste. 
Effect: intense and long lasting, it combines an uplifting and stimulating high with a more sedative Indica effect. 

My current grow is, again, a multigrow with various strains, this diary will only concentrate on the two FS strains.

I'm happy to say that this grow is another first for me, and that is to have part of it in the great British outdoors. I have grown In Australia and Brazil before, but never in the great outdoors in Blighty. Naturally, they will be brought inside when the weather becomes too crappy and put under my two LED panels.

I don't recall the date I germinated them, but it was more than 2 weeks ago. For something different, I decided not to piss fart about with pre germination and put the seeds directly into the first pot with recycled potting mix. As this grow includes other strains, I only dropped two seeds of each (knowing that they are feminised, whilst the others are regular). I had 100% germination rate and all are looking well.

You can always trust Britain's weather to spit in your eye, and after more than 2 months with no rain and blazing sunshine, the cloud has rolled in since I germinated the seeds. I suspect this why some of my seedlings are a little leggy. That's not a problem as I can bury the first set of cotyledons when i pot up.

Due to security reasons, the seedlings are kept behind a greenhouse and receive morning sunshine until around 1 o'clock.

I've given them a couple of feeds already because I'm using recycled potting mix with a generic chemical fertilizer that is a little high in P & K than I would normally use.

And here they are:

All four

large.P1020559.JPG.f0ef3e2e55707afaaff76

From this, you can easily see that two of them are more advanced.

Chem OG

large.P1020560.JPG.ecf8ebe2ec2fbda47bf40

large.P1020561.JPG.13e239f0b1d79128e41ce

Dream Berry

large.P1020562.JPG.d1dc805243de09eb7f76d

large.P1020563.JPG.494034b337b65901db181

2 people like this

Evey time I read and see photo's of someone growing outside in their garden I actually get envious. I would love to try and put a couple in pots at the side of my conifers (south facing)-  but it is the smell I'd be worried about and the occasional helicopter I might see flyer over the roof tops.

One day  may be if I can win the lottery  lol  I would be looking for an extra room inside with good A/C throughout for my ladies and a large enough out-of-the way garden  instead of my original idea of buying a house with a big kitchen and a work in pantry. 

lol priorities change as you get older

Whoops... Sorry @GreengoStarr  got carried away then, should have said " happy growing and I will hopefully be popping in to read your diary "

3 people like this

2 hours ago, caringmum said:

Evey time I read and see photo's of someone growing outside in their garden I actually get envious. I would love to try and put a couple in pots at the side of my conifers (south facing)-  but it is the smell I'd be worried about and the occasional helicopter I might see flyer over the roof tops.

One day  may be if I can win the lottery  lol  I would be looking for an extra room inside with good A/C throughout for my ladies and a large enough out-of-the way garden  instead of my original idea of buying a house with a big kitchen and a work in pantry. 

lol priorities change as you get older

Whoops... Sorry @GreengoStarr  got carried away then, should have said " happy growing and I will hopefully be popping in to read your diary "

I hear exactly what you are saying, caringmum. For various reasons, there were two plants from my last grow that were a lot later finishing than the rest and they both got put outside to finish off a few weeks ago. One of them only sprouted after I had already flipped and I have no idea what's going on with the other. I flipped on April 12, that's over 16 weeks ago, and it is still not ready (getting close now, though) and I can certainly smell them in the garden. Fortunately, the smell is only apparent when you get close and I imagine it would be very difficult to identify the source when it catches the breeze. As for the choppers, I think it would be very difficult to identify them from the air as there is plenty of other foliage surrounding them.

Thanks for dropping by my diary and you are always welcome.

2 people like this

how they doing ?

1 hour ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

how they doing ?

Funny you should ask, old bean;  I was just thinking about taking pics tomorrow to update the diary.

I said they were leggy and they've just kept getting leggier. So much so that I felt compelled to top them all much earlier than I usually would. This time, they were topped at 3 nodes, whereas I prefer 4, but needs must.

This must surely be a result of the piss poor sunshine since I put them outside - the rest of the plants, bar one, in the grow are the same. That being said, they are all healthy and they are now starting to side branch.

Pics up tomorrow.

Hope my Dream Berry is as good as yours!

:bong:

3 people like this

You can top the living daylights out of the Dreamberrys, if left they could just overgrow the world lol I topped some of mine up to 5 weeks into flower with no ill effects.

2 people like this

As I said, they are leggy.

With the piss poor sunshine, shorter days and cooler weather, it is definitely time to bring them under lights.

Only thing is, for reasons, I have to organise another indoor area to grow and one which I can have a certain amount of security and privacy as there is an old bastard in the house who wants to make life very shitty for me. He is OCD about watching power consumption and will certainly be aware when the lights come on, I just don't want him to be able to find the source. Previously, I had a grow tent in my room and that wanker sneaked in and found it before. 

I should probably have it all set up inside in the next day or so.

Any way, here is how these leggy girls look today!

large.P1020581.JPG.ba1a1f98a96fa5489550e

large.P1020582.JPG.46118767b5aff9afe3e3b

large.P1020583.JPG.6d2859f8b30d2af06338a

large.P1020584.JPG.9611a9d318c1a3b300add

large.P1020585.JPG.48868c4ed51d20a555fc1

1 person likes this

On 8/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, GreengoStarr said:

As I said, they are leggy.

With the piss poor sunshine, shorter days and cooler weather, it is definitely time to bring them under lights.

Only thing is, for reasons, I have to organise another indoor area to grow and one which I can have a certain amount of security and privacy as there is an old bastard in the house who wants to make life very shitty for me. He is OCD about watching power consumption and will certainly be aware when the lights come on, I just don't want him to be able to find the source. Previously, I had a grow tent in my room and that wanker sneaked in and found it before. 

I should probably have it all set up inside in the next day or so.

Any way, here is how these leggy girls look today!

large.P1020581.JPG.ba1a1f98a96fa5489550e

large.P1020582.JPG.46118767b5aff9afe3e3b

large.P1020583.JPG.6d2859f8b30d2af06338a

large.P1020584.JPG.9611a9d318c1a3b300add

large.P1020585.JPG.48868c4ed51d20a555fc1

Hey Greengo! 

Sorry for the late entry but no worries, from now on I will be able to follow this ride consistently :)

Thanks for documenting these varieties here on UK420, much appreciated. Since there already a few threads concerning these 2 varieties, you will surely receive support and suggestions by any of the expert growers around the forum, no doubt about that :yep:

After a successful WWxBB x Chemdawg thread, I am now really happy to see you growing some lovely Chem OG, you'll have some Indica fun down there :D Just be careful with the leggy Dream Berry 'cause that girl goes wild in most of the cases!

Thanks once more and best of luck!

Cheers.

Mr B.

Hi all and my apologies to Mr. B and the Female seeds team for my tardiness in updating this grow; there have been reasons why this is so, but, hopefully, I can now keep it updated far more regularly.

In my previous post, I was talking about bringing the plants in and under lights in the next day or so. Unfortunately, I was unable to do so then and I only brought them in about 5 days ago.

I live in a very large 3 storey Victorian house with a large sprawling garden which includes a massive old barn, 2 greenhouses and various sheds. Due to the issue mentioned in my previous post re the nosey and evil minded old bastard who shares the property, I had to find somewhere I could locate the groom where he wouldn't be able to find it and, in effect, do an inside guerilla grow. I was originally thinking of one of the sheds, but noticed that the OB had been sniffing around in them recently, so the sheds are now out of the question. Next, I turned my attention to the barn. This had the advantage of being out of reach of the OB as he is not capable of climbing the ladder to get to the upper floor, however there is the issue of the cold temperatures that it will definitely be exposed to over the coming months. I organised a whole heap of insulation to help combat this  until I discovered that there is no longer longer an electrical supply and I have no idea why or how to reconnect it, so that idea went out of the window as well.

After much head scratching, I finally decided the safest and most secure option would be to use the roof space. The attic, whilst being very extensive, has very little in the way of head space with the majority of the roof slope being taken up by the bedrooms below. After installing my two LED panels at the highest point, I found I only about 28 inches from the lights to the attic floor and all 4 of the plants were already this height.

Undaunted, I surreptitiously brought all the plants (a total of 12 plants with 8 being regulars still not showing their sex) into the house and up into the attic space. With such limited head room, I had no option but to supercrop the main stems as low as I could. Unfortunately, I hadn't crushed the stem sufficiently on one of the Chem OGs and she ended up completely snapping. I staked it and secured the stem with tape, but she unfortunately did not survive her ordeal. Thankfully, all the rest did come through this brutality.

What was promising to be a hot and dry summer soon turned into the crappy wet and cloudy summer that I have come to expect above the 52 degree parallel and feeding the girls became problematic as the soil in the pots was constantly saturated from the relentless soaking rain. That being said, I forced myself to ignore the soaking soil and feed them, but only did so twice. They certainly never showed any signs of malnourishment, but I would really have liked to feed them more. 5 days in the attic has allowed the soil to dry out enough and I gave them their first feed since I brought them in. Being their first feed in quite a while and after being  brutally BTFO and their first in a new environment with far more light and more agreeable temps, I mixed up some GH grow and GH micro nutrients to around 1000 ppm,  a little stronger than I ordinarily would.

Any way, enough text for now, it's time for some pics.

The bottom 2 plants are the Dram Berry and the sole remaining Chem OG is at the top.

large.P1020622.JPG.3f186efa0399bacb2f3bc

large.P1020623.JPG.fa8bb22c949700afeeb12

One thing I have noticed with this Chem OG and the one sadly departed, is that some of the leaves have a very crinkly appearance and that can clearly be seen in the photo below. Is this a recognised trait of this strain?

large.P1020624.JPG.ee74b3b207b7d30c6ff17

1 person likes this

Good Morning @GreengoStarr, what an experience you had there...sorry to hear about all these difficulties.

I just hope that all is good now and that you found the right spot to continue your grow, away from any nosey people. Such a low ceiling could be challenging but I am sure that it will all work well in the end.

Tbh with you, I am quite curious to see how the plants will react to super cropping since we miss info on that aspect ;) Super Cropping with Dream Berry is never a bad idea, you never know what can happen with that strain.

One thing I would be careful with is the soil of the Chem OG as it does not really like and enjoy humid/soaked soil. Nor she likes too rich soils.

About the crinkly leaves, in some grow reports I noticed it too and it is not that rare, though I don't know if it was caused by stress or not. I will try to get more info on that aspect and get back to you with a reply very soon.

Well, I think that's all for today :) 
Hope to see some more of your ladies as I am really looking forward to see the reaction to the supercropping.

Take care and until next update!

Cheers,
Mr B.

1 person likes this

Hey Mr B. Thanks for the advice on the chemOG.

Due to where the plants are now currently housed, my access is severely limited as there is someone on the top floor virtually 24/7 (I have access 3 times a week between 9am and midday if I'm available). 

I mentioned that I snapped the main stem on of the ChemOG and that didn't survive, but the other other one, even though I did break the skin on side seemed to be doing ok at first with noobvious signs of trauma, however the next time I saw her, she was looking very sad indeed with many of the growing tips all dried up and shrivelled. Fortunately, that which remained has since taken off.

Due to the limited head space, I felt compelled to switch flowering and I did that 3 days ago.

I have all the plants bent over and tied down, but unhooked them to take the following pics.

I'm not happy about my current growing situation and feel it doesn't really do justice to Female Seeds at all. As such, I hope I can return to my normal set up in the near future and run another crop of these seeds for a diary that really does do justice!

So, until the next update, here are the girls as of 3 days ago.

ChemOG

large.P1020630.JPG.f401d686065a7fa1873e4

Dream Berry

large.P1020628.JPG.29b72e33884751e8b2fe8

large.P1020627.JPG.fb90831c294993fc253c8

1 person likes this

id be very careful having the chem og anywhere without a filter @GreengoStarr she is up in the top ten stinkiest strains ...the dreamberry will be ok for smells i reckon but that chem its a lingerer that invades ..

1 person likes this

Excellent news, thanks for that @vince noir rock n roll star.

I'm so glad this grow is in an attic space with no way or where to vent.

My bedroom is directly beneath them and I'm already getting whiffs wafting through the window.

2 people like this

On 10/22/2018 at 1:48 PM, GreengoStarr said:

Hey Mr B. Thanks for the advice on the chemOG.

Due to where the plants are now currently housed, my access is severely limited as there is someone on the top floor virtually 24/7 (I have access 3 times a week between 9am and midday if I'm available). 

I mentioned that I snapped the main stem on of the ChemOG and that didn't survive, but the other other one, even though I did break the skin on side seemed to be doing ok at first with noobvious signs of trauma, however the next time I saw her, she was looking very sad indeed with many of the growing tips all dried up and shrivelled. Fortunately, that which remained has since taken off.

Due to the limited head space, I felt compelled to switch flowering and I did that 3 days ago.

I have all the plants bent over and tied down, but unhooked them to take the following pics.

I'm not happy about my current growing situation and feel it doesn't really do justice to Female Seeds at all. As such, I hope I can return to my normal set up in the near future and run another crop of these seeds for a diary that really does do justice!

So, until the next update, here are the girls as of 3 days ago.

ChemOG

large.P1020630.JPG.f401d686065a7fa1873e4

Dream Berry

large.P1020628.JPG.29b72e33884751e8b2fe8

large.P1020627.JPG.fb90831c294993fc253c8

You are more than welcome.
No worries, I totally understand your position and I realise that it's not going to be easy. But still, thanks for the effort and for the update.
Seems like supercropping is working well, they don't like that much stressed actually. 

Glad to hear about flowering stage, pretty sure you will enjoy it too. 
Anyhow, try to bend and train the Dream B. as much as you can...if you have height limitations then you must ensure to keep her under control. That's really important with this strain.

Take care my friend,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Worst diary ever!

I do apologise for the lack of updates, but I have not been able to care for my plants hardly at all and have had little reason to update until now. Due to their location and access issues, I've really only been able to slip up to see them sporadically and then go in and get back down again as quickly as I could.

I did take some pics on Oct 30, but was not too impressed so didn't bother updating the diary then. I have posted those pics below. One of the dream berry, despite my brutality, managed to sneak too close to the LED panel and got somewhat light bleached and this has really affected her growth.The other DB, despite the adverse conditions, is a monster in comparison. The one surviving Chem OG, due to almost snapping that stem as badly as the other, suffered and much of the top growth died off and the side shoots took over.

I'll leave the good news until the next post, which I intend to make later this evening once I've edited the pics, but you can be sure that it will be a damn sight more substantial than this post.

Chem OG

large.P1020631.JPG.2fa31b514d3d4fc7d84f8

Dream Berry 1

large.P1020637.JPG.07f9f276bba00ac5c032c

large.P1020635.JPG.54b23c07993d01ba14357

Dream Berry 2

large.P1020638.JPG.f875831d4298f6ec53348

large.P1020634.JPG.9f207e13d463a47613842

Edited by GreengoStarr
1 person likes this