Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calif123

Infected leaf removal

Hello,

Some sort of insect has been munching on my leaves. Its only a few leaves at the moment, and I cannot see any insects on the leaves stem, but I am wondering if I am better to cut the leaves off in case of eggs etc.

I'm thinking the cost of the leaf to the plant is worth the risk of more insects (eggs on leaf, although I cant see any). Appreciate the community's thoughts?

Cheers

Take several photos, on tops of leaves, under the leaves, on the stems.  Put them on your computer and view them on there - Zoom in loads for a good inspection.

If you can post some pictures up...

Edited by Inspiration101

8 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Take several photos, on tops of leaves, under the leaves, on the stems.  Put them on your computer and view them on there - Zoom in loads for a good inspection.

If you can post some pictures up...

Will do, good idea thanks. Ddidn't think of that. I was using a 30x magnifier glass which was awkward to use. Computer is much easier, Cheers.

1 person likes this

@calif123 pics if you can and more info.. are the plants in flower already or still in veg? 

ok chaps, 4 super silver haze veg for 4-5 weeks chilled DWC, 30ish daily avg temp, 22 at night. 

large.IMG_4082.JPG

Most of the leaves are ok (for now) but there are a few that look like this:

large.IMG_4098.JPG

large.IMG_4096.JPG

When look to get the leaf photo I noticed a small deposit on the main stem just under the leave bunch:

large.IMG_4091.JPG

I think it looks like a little egg sack but im not sure. I rolled it off the stem with tissue to get a closer look:

large.Untitled.jpg

I think I rolled it up a bit using the tissue to remove it. It was more cyclinder shaped on the leaf.

Cheers for any info.

I do not recognise that type of damage or bug.

I am sure someone will come along who has experienced this ! :)

Ive only ever seen those types of holes from a caterpilla.. ive had one in my veg box before lol have u checked upder every leaf? 

Im probs wrong but looks the same as mine.. i have a pic somewhere lol

26 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Ive only ever seen those types of holes from a caterpilla.. ive had one in my veg box before lol have u checked upder every leaf? 

Im probs wrong but looks the same as mine.. i have a pic somewhere lol

I will check all, cheers. If this is a caterpillar, not sure if thats better or worse than thrips? :)

3 hours ago, calif123 said:

I will check all, cheers. If this is a caterpillar, not sure if thats better or worse than thrips? :)

lol alot better mate id imagine its only 1 lol

How much can one catapilar eat I wonder? 

6 hours ago, calif123 said:

A damn sight easier to spot. ;) The little white spots look a bit like trip damage but I've never seen go all the way through a leaf. Thrip laeve look like tiny maggots. 

Been defoliating a bit and also checking, but still cant see anything. It has not got worse. I have got Pyretheum 5EC and Neem to give what ever lives there a blast of. Take that ya B&a*&rds!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, calif123 said:

Been defoliating a bit and also checking, but still cant see anything. It has not got worse. I have got Pyretheum 5EC and Neem to give what ever lives there a blast of. Take that ya B&a*&rds!

Cool, sounds promising ! :)

My Pyretheum 5EC turned up today also :D