Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

botanics

Seedsman Indoor Contest 2018 - Narkush, Sugar Haze & African Buzz

60 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Slugums said:

any old stuff goes in for a second flush if its been sitting for more than a week

This I wasn't doing and so it this that is the problem then it seems...good man ;)  I can now correct the issue and apologise to Mrs S for the pillowcase for me! lol 

2 people like this

Fingers crossed that sorts things out, bud!

I'm off to tell Mrs S what a good idea you gave me!! I'll pass that along!!:rofl:  I'm sure she'll be chuffed with me moaning less - swings and roundabouts, innit!! :rofl:

2 people like this

Update

Bit of a mixed fortunes update this week folks :yep: 

Pleased to announce that yesterday I put the two Sugar Hazes into bloom.  There were enough roots at the drain holes for them to go for it as they can fill the rest up as they stretch out.  I think one is gonna be female but the other, I'm still not sure about, I guess we'll soon see now that they've gone under the HID and less light hours ;) 

I'm happy with them now and think their structure is coming on great tbh, they've good a good pong about them too for this stage...Feedwise they are now on 1.1 EC at PH. 5.9-6.0 and temps hit 30 C during the on period.  

large.5b9fbe1eb21a3_SugarHaze139Days.jpg

This one above is the one I'm not sure sure about with the sex.  Could be a female but I haven't got the tell tale node swelling with this one, only the other, so we will see.  I topped it out and it developed three shoots instead of two which I didn't expect as there has been no trifoliate signs up to now and more like a FIM result.  This is the one that was also nearly dead but come round and fair play, it's developing into a strong plant.

large.5b9fbe14d16bd_SugarHaze239Days.jpg

This is the one that is swelling at the nodes and the general structure has gone more like usual after the topping out at the fifth node.  The side branching is equally formed and I'll see how it develops throughout the next week and will trim off the weakest shoots.  Will no doubt supercrop with this run but I will have to leave some room for the others recently started as I'll be back to perpetual running then.

Now the not so good news and that being the GSC. :( 

It's a gonna...must have got damping off because it stopped, stem thinned, then yellowed and died, so we've only got thee two Sugar Hazes for this run and I'm gutted tbh as wanted to make a half decent show of it at least.  Just hoping now that the two turn out females and I can really push them after their crap start which would be something of a journey and worth reading lol 

large.5b9fbe0964f3b_GSC-Dead.jpg

That photo was taken a couple of days ago and that last bit of green to be seen has faded away the poor thing. (I need to invest in my system tbh and will be doing so when the finances improve soon ;) )

Anyhow, cant be finishing the update with a crap pic of doom and gloom so below are the two SH's in the bloom cab and sitting under 250W of Metal Halide :) 

large.5b9fbe2e702e2_SugarHaze39Days.jpg

Thanks for watching :v: 

2 people like this

Whishing the best!! :clapping:

1 person likes this

@J Trich

Thanks J :v:  

1 person likes this

Update

It's bad news I'm afraid folks :( 

large.5ba7990665996_SugarHaze-Male1.jpglarge.5ba798fd9ed5f_SugarHazeMale2.jpg

Aye, the two Sugar Hazes are males and so it looks like end of diary at the moment :taz:   I haven't culled them just yet because they are turning out into lovely plants now they have moved on a bit, however they've gone back into my veg box for the time being as I might bloom them in there and get some pollen for a bit of chucking (I'm unsure yet).

It means that I'm way behind with any smoke and it's emergency procedures at the ready.  Thus, yesterday I put more feminised beans into soak and they've been put into medium today.  As soon as they are up, they'll being straight under the Halide at 12/12 as I'm fucked now for smoke tbh.  Stash is low and I really hate buying early cut, unflushed shite from the street but it's tough shit as I didn't heed the golden rule, of first securing a stash above all else :doh: 

If I keep them running then I'll update in here, it's all in the air at the moment tbh as I'm pissed off with growing full stop ;) 

Not much of a diary this folks and my apologies  for the crap show, but is what it is and thanks for watching :v: 

3 people like this

I'm really gutted for you mate and I hope you have better look with your fems I know how it feels to have empty jars.

1 person likes this

every experience is a lesson im sure you will learn from this @botanics  gutted for you tho  mate don't be to hard on yourself 

1 person likes this

Sorry bro.. not sure if you have some FAST strains.. if not i can send... :bong:

1 person likes this

@J Trich

Not your fault mate, that's regular seeds and nature.  I've put some beans in and two of them are Seedsman Blueberry too ;)   I'm running them all a bit different though and put the seeds into starter tubes (for tap root plants and bought them for Tomatoes). The tubes were then planted into my mid pots and filled.  This gives me a long distance before the tap root hits the bottom and I'm interested to see how they grow as I've never done it before like this.  They are under 12/12, Metal Halide and will not be potted up at all, so start to finish in this system and will see how I fair with it all.  (got eight in total running) :v: 

I'm fingers crossed that my issues and cockups are behind me but will reserve writing too much as early days yet and plenty of time for me to balls it up lol 

Thanks J, if all goes well I'll put up some pics of the Blueberries from time to time and still got the male SH's alive (they are blooming and I'll get a pollen drop off them and use the pollen to knock up a cross with the Blueberry for fun, should they do ok. :yep: 

3 people like this

The c99 x bb I did one was seven weeks rest eight all where very tasty and a good high :oldtoker:

2 people like this

Bad luck with the two males dude. How are the Blueberries doing, have you dusted any?

The starter tubes sound interesting :yep:

@jadenugs

The SH's were cut mate as I ran of room for them... they went for it and couldn't do anything about them burning themselves on the lamps! lol  

Blue berries are good though and just switched them over to bloom so will get some pics up in my gallery, when I get some time mate :v: 

1 person likes this

Right ok, so the diary was a disaster and my growing game has been in the doldrums for a while (dunno what the hell has been happening totally tbh but my lack of motivation during winter is a big factor ;) )

Anyhow, I chanced some more seeds after my troubles and said I'd put up some pics of the Blueberries I had put in...one is ok but I haven't got her quite right, however the other one has been a goer from the start and a good plant all along.  The pot she's finishing in is only six inch (I think it's about 2 L for that size but not sure).  Tried the different planting method and it's ok but no big discovery or anything lol  I didn't top out the plants, so I'm getting natural expression and I took a couple of pics of the best one earlier today.  She's at 15 days since switching to 11/13 (they originally were going to be run from 12/12 from germination but I changed my mind and vegged for four weeks first).

large.5be9a00cb09eb_SeedsmanBlueberry(2weeksbloomin6inchpotofcoco).jpg

I took the one above without flash and so it's a bit grainy and poor quality but you can see her shape at least :yep: 

large.5be9a002ca0a8_Blueberry(2Lpotincoco2weeksbloom).jpg

This one I took with flash :v: 

3 people like this

Yeah going again, what a ig size for such pot... :bong:

1 person likes this