Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sarahnya

Best auto seeds?

17 posts in this topic

Right, after changing my mind 500 times I'm going to try autos next as I'm not worried about yield and I won't have to worry too much about height.  Yes I will try some sativa after though! 

Anyway I've kinda decided to go with Girl Scout cookies, Durban Poison, Heavyweight Fruit punch and Moby Dick.  Before I order the seeds (fruit punch excluded as I already had a free seed). Which are the best versions to go for or can you suggest better? 

I'm looking for an energising psychedelic high. 

2 people like this

I grew the Girl Scout Cookies from Fast Buds and wasn't overly impressed with it. Both the yield and potency left a lot to be desired. Although I could have done better with it's growth. But other people have had gripes with this one as well, so I am not alone.

I don't think there are any Durban Poison autos on the market that are really worth growing, compared to the photo strains. Maybe try DFG from RGSC, which is an auto x photo cross, so it won't finish until August/September. 

As for the Moby Dick auto, go with the XXL auto version from Dinafem. 

Personally if it was me, I would be recommending the Critical+ 2.0 and Sour Diesel autos from Dinafem to supplement the Moby Dick XXL. I'm just basing that off what I have grown though. Maybe take a look at RGSC autos and see if any of them take your fancy. 

Not trying to put your seed choices down or anything, but I grew the Heavyweight Fruit Punch two years ago and is was absolutely crap. Yields weren't great, not much potency and quite prone to mould compared to the other autos I had out. You might want to run another auto as well to compensate, just in case. Maybe a Kushty auto from RGSC. 

5 people like this

2 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I grew the Girl Scout Cookies from Fast Buds and wasn't overly impressed with it. Both the yield and potency left a lot to be desired. Although I could have done better with it's growth. But other people have had gripes with this one as well, so I am not alone.

I don't think there are any Durban Poison autos on the market that are really worth growing, compared to the photo strains. Maybe try DFG from RGSC, which is an auto x photo cross, so it won't finish until August/September. 

Personally if it was me, I would be recommending the Critical+ 2.0 and Sour Diesel autos from Dinafem to supplement the Moby Dick XXL. I'm just basing that off what I have grown though. Maybe take a look at RGSC autos and see if any of them take your fancy. 

Not trying to put your seed choices down or anything, but I grew the Heavyweight Fruit Punch two years ago and is was absolutely crap. Yields weren't great, not much potency and quite prone to mould compared to the other autos I had out. You might want to run another auto as well to compensate, just in case. Maybe a Kushty auto from RGSC. 

Ah no that's a shame, is there no auto version of GSC that's any good? 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I was only gonna use that Heavyweight Fruit Punch because I had the seed left over free so it seemed like a shame to dump it. 

What's the difference between the xxl Moby and the regular, yjey seem to have different plants in their make up. 

29 minutes ago, Sarahnya said:

Auto Seeds also do a GSC auto, just like Fast Buds, but I have heard more bad things than good things about their version as well. Mostly complaints that these two are nothing like the actual GSC and nowhere near as potent. 

I don't think there are any decent, top notch auto versions of GSC that you can buy. Maybe try the Fast Buds one and hope for a good pheno. Alternatively, I would whack out their Gorilla Glue auto in place of the Girl Scout Cookies, which has slightly better reviews. Although my one didn't even germ this year... :mellow:

30 minutes ago, Sarahnya said:

I was only gonna use that Heavyweight Fruit Punch because I had the seed left over free so it seemed like a shame to dump it. 

What's the difference between the xxl Moby and the regular, yjey seem to have different plants in their make up. 

Grow the Fruit Punch by all means, but I mean put out another extra seed to compensate, in case it doesn't turn out great. Like I said, my one rotted quite a bit and the smoke wasn't anything to write home about. 

The XXL autos take about a week longer to finish and are supposed to yield more, due to it being backcrossed to it's photoperiod equivalent. The jury is out on these a bit though. Many people say that Dinafem's normal White Widow auto is better than their XXL version. I think the XXL Moby though is better than the normal Moby auto.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Sarahnya said:

Yeah, Dutch Passion's 'Colorado Cookies' is what you're looking for. In general, Dutch Passion Autos are excellent.... potent, high yielding and very stable... they invented Autos and have developed them for years.

I highly recommend their Auto Night Queen for potency - off the scale

Daiquiri Lime and Glueberry OG are both big yielders and very strong smokes as well. Can't go wrong,

4 people like this

Good call @teehee Completely forgot about the Colorado Cookies auto. Yeah I second that now. I grew one out 2 years ago, and although it was in a poor spot for sunlight, it was quite potent. I would give that a go.

I did the Glueberry OG auto in the cornfield last year, but wasn't overly impressed with it. Heard a lot of very good things about the Night Queen auto though. And Cinderella Jack. And Brooklyn Sunrise. Can't go wrong with any of them. 

But if you want killer bud, look no further than Mephisto Genetics. If I could grow any two autos it would be Alien vs Triangle and Forgotten Cookies, which is a GSC cross breed.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The only Mephisto I've grown is Toofless Alien.... got me 4th in COTC once....lovely complicated smoke!

Their Hubbabubbasmelloscope is a highly rated Bubblegum strain that I would love to try.

Back to DP though @The Sheriff of Nottingham shame your Glueberries didn't hit the spot.... I really like the gear.... does what it says on the label... tastes fruity and glues you to the sofa!

In fairness, any of the top seed co's do lovely gear, just need to dial it in and away you go (easier said than done LOL)

DP, DinaFem, Mephisto, Sweet Seeds, Fastbuds.... I always go back to DP in the end, but I'm doing some Dinafems that may make me think again!

Edited by teehee
2 people like this

1 hour ago, teehee said:

Yeah, Dutch Passion's 'Colorado Cookies' is what you're looking for. In general, Dutch Passion Autos are excellent.... potent, high yielding and very stable... they invented Autos and have developed them for years.

I highly recommend their Auto Night Queen for potency - off the scale

Daiquiri Lime and Glueberry OG are both big yielders and very strong smokes as well. Can't go wrong,

Thanks, I saw that Colarado Cookies is Indica dominant though, is it not a heavy stone?  Really lookjmb for a get up and go high

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

Yeah, I had 90% hermies from the GSC autos I had from them, wasn't exactly very strong either. I had one plant do OK outdoors but I think that was an exception.

11 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

Personally if it was me, I would be recommending the Critical+ 2.0 and Sour Diesel autos from Dinafem to supplement the Moby Dick XXL. I'm just basing that off what I have grown though. Maybe take a look at RGSC autos and see if any of them take your fancy

:thumsup: Dinafem's autos really are very good. RGSC seems to have some very strong genetics too, so far I'm having nothing but a good experience with them, though I am growing photos.

@Sarahnya I hope you'll change your mind and reconsider photoperiods, all this messing about with choosing strains, if/when you find something you really like then you can't keep it, and whilst that may not seem such a big deal now it might well do in 2-4 months time when you're looking at auto seed$ again trying to get back that lovely smoke you've just had. I've a Critical 2 auto that im alost in love with, smells beautiful and was ready in 8 weeks flat, totally gutted I can't keep it going via cuttings.

:yinyang:

Edited by Fry
1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Fry said:

RGSC seems to have some very strong genetics 

large.user406701_pic1869523_1531979580.jpeg.jpglarge.user406701_pic1869524_1531979580.jpeg.jpglarge.P1010777.JPGlarge.P1010776.JPGlarge.P1010769.JPGlarge.user406701_pic1869522_1531979515.jpeg.jpglarge.user406701_pic1869518_1531979515.jpeg.jpglarge.user406701_pic1869519_1531979515.jpeg.jpg

7 people like this

lol:notworthy::notworthy:Truly inspirational, as always @Ch@ppers

4 people like this

Hey Sarahnya,

I have been pleasantly surprised by the auto-AK47 AKA Think Different.

Because they are mostly Sativa, they will keep getting bigger during the first half of flowering. Of course there is some pheno variation but most plants have a great smell, a lot of resin and yield around 40 grams outdoors (Probably more indoors). 

Cheers, 

1 person likes this

Avoid anything from Fast Buds!! Especially their GG auto!!!

3 people like this

I usually avoid anything from Dutch passion, because they take as long as a decent photoperiod seed would, my auto ultimate and autoextreme took over 100 days, and the smoke was nothing special. my think different took forever to finish, and it too wasn't anything to write home about. Maybe the night queen is better, I havnt grown it.

Dinafem stuff is good tho, the moby XXL is a favourite, as is the critical jack, blue cheese and critical+.

I would go with dinafem or mephisto myself.

4 people like this