Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northeastrobie

Perpetual grow questions please

29 posts in this topic

Hi all I was after some advice from people doing perpetual grows please, 

I've got myself a 20 pot wilma and moddified in the hope of doing sets of 10 plants each to make a sort of sea of green. 

I hate trimming and storing and thought running half the wilma (10 11l pots) then starting the other 10 maby 4 weeks after would be a good way of getting a more regular supply and not a big hit trimming. 

Anyways I figured my 600w hps x wing isn't enough spread for the two sets of 10 pots so was wondering if any ones used the 315chm units in this type of set up? Sorry for the long winded intro lol TIA 

Share this post


Link to post

I may not be reading this right. This 20 pot wilma,is it 2 separate units of 10 pots,or just 1 unit of 20 pots? If it is 1 unit,then surely having 10 plants that have been in for 4 weeks would require a higher EC level compared to the new seedlings/cuttings that will be placed into the wilma? you will burn your new seedlings/cuttings.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't comment on anything hydro, but CMH are the dog's! They pip HPS in every dept' except yield imo. One 315w lamp is equivalent to 450-500w of HPS, but plants seem much happier under them so in my mind one 315w is pretty much a straight swap for a 600w HPS. I think the future will see us using a mix of CMH and HPS. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

I may not be reading this right. This 20 pot wilma,is it 2 separate units of 10 pots,or just 1 unit of 20 pots? If it is 1 unit,then surely having 10 plants that have been in for 4 weeks would require a higher EC level compared to the new seedlings/cuttings that will be placed into the wilma? you will burn your new seedlings/cuttings.

Sorry it's a single tank 20 pot system, I veg the 10 batches in a separate room so they can handle the flower nutes and EC around 2.4 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Muppet said:

I can't comment on anything hydro, but CMH are the dog's! They pip HPS in every dept' except yield imo. One 315w lamp is equivalent to 450-500w of HPS, but plants seem much happier under them so in my mind one 315w is pretty much a straight swap for a 600w HPS. I think the future will see us using a mix of CMH and HPS. 

Haha I gave in and got one today, guy said it works best with hps so I'll be running it with the hps higher than the cmh so hopefully they'll all get abit of both fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post

I ran them at the same height so as to get more of a spread. The addition of the different wave lengths seems to make the difference rather than the extra intensity. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Muppet said:

I ran them at the same height so as to get more of a spread. The addition of the different wave lengths seems to make the difference rather than the extra intensity. 

Guy in the shop said the same, hope so at 270 bar a set up lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Northeastrobie said:

Sorry it's a single tank 20 pot system, I veg the 10 batches in a separate room so they can handle the flower nutes and EC around 2.4 

 

be careful running your ec at 2.4  I never go above 1.6 in wilmas and been running them for years without problems that's imho

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/07/2018 at 1:32 PM, HOBBIT said:

 

be careful running your ec at 2.4  I never go above 1.6 in wilmas and been running them for years without problems that's imho

I've actually just read a good report where the guy runs his at 1.2 right through, what nutes do you use sorry? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Northeastrobie said:

I've actually just read a good report where the guy runs his at 1.2 right through, what nutes do you use sorry? 

 

canna veg   canna flores   and 1.2 is a good aim plant dependent      good luck northeast:smokin:

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, HOBBIT said:

 

canna veg   canna flores   and 1.2 is a good aim plant dependent      good luck northeast:smokin:

I done some more reading last night thanks pal every one recommends much lower EC than stated on the canna chart, I'm right at the end of flower now had no issues but I'm not wanting bad smoke so dropped it right down to 1.2 to finish them. This was only my second grow with hydro I've been impressed the plants seem to come on much faster than my coco or soil grows.

Trying to find a decent strain that suits my SOG set up now, QS SK xl and Wwxbb seem to have done ok in them so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Northeastrobie said:

I done some more reading last night thanks pal every one recommends much lower EC than stated on the canna chart, I'm right at the end of flower now had no issues but I'm not wanting bad smoke so dropped it right down to 1.2 to finish them. This was only my second grow with hydro I've been impressed the plants seem to come on much faster than my coco or soil grows.

Trying to find a decent strain that suits my SOG set up now, QS SK xl and Wwxbb seem to have done ok in them so far. 

 good news best to try and get that ec down to nearly tapwater last week or so makes for a better smoke no harshness and better taste 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, HOBBIT said:

 good news best to try and get that ec down to nearly tapwater last week or so makes for a better smoke no harshness and better taste 

This is where I'm struggling with the perpetual grow, I've always flushed in soil and coco with plain tap water but with plants at diffrent stages in the grow sharing the same tank I was planning on dropping total EC to 1.2 for the flush to try and keep the smoke tastey and not so harsh 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Northeastrobie said:

This is where I'm struggling with the perpetual grow, I've always flushed in soil and coco with plain tap water but with plants at diffrent stages in the grow sharing the same tank I was planning on dropping total EC to 1.2 for the flush to try and keep the smoke tastey and not so harsh 

 

if youre at the end of your grow as stated previously drop that ec  further 1.2 is not a flush stage imho get it at roughly tap water then after grow finished just change nutes easy as that photos would be easier in a perpetual grow or any grow photos would help a lot more :smokin:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 22/07/2018 at 7:47 AM, HOBBIT said:

 

if youre at the end of your grow as stated previously drop that ec  further 1.2 is not a flush stage imho get it at roughly tap water then after grow finished just change nutes easy as that photos would be easier in a perpetual grow or any grow photos would help a lot more :smokin:

Right now I've put 10 clones just over a foot tall in the right hand side of the wilma as the left side of 10 is finishing off so they share the same res so i cant flush in plain water as i would when I used to grow in coco and soil.

lol I'm still to pussy to put up pics, are they not traceable? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0