Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Casey Jones

Variispeed Fan Controller

Posted (edited)

I just bought one of these for my veg tent, but with the Ruck fan the hum/buzz is too loud, so I'm going to use one of two STR fan controllers I've got in my flower tent.  The Variispeed doesn't hum/buzz with either of my TD-Silent fans. Is there any reason to think that these cheap Variispeed fan controllers could damage a TD-Silent? I  didn't care if the Ruck broke, but I do care if a TD-Silent breaks.

Edited by Casey Jones

I cannot speak for your TD Silent fans, but I've had an RVK on my veg tent running from a cheap speed controller for years. It is noisy, much more noisy than my temperature controlled speed controller I have on my flower tent, but it doesn't bother me.

It may damage long term, but if you've spent good money on a silent fan then personally, I'd spend a bit extra on my speed controller where it counts :yep: