Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hobo82

Will my tent collapse

25 posts in this topic

Hello people

first post ever not sure if this is correct place if not please direct me to right thread. Ok, it’s my first ever grow and I brought a secret jardin ds120 4x4 it’s got plastic corners they look strong since they’re reinforced my problem is I don’t trust the plastic claws, I know I should of got metal I know I know. I’ve gone n brought a mars hydro 1600 pro ll n it’s a bit on the heavy side,Is it the uv that ruins the plastic, sometimes in weeks I’ve heard? I read somewhere these tents support 22kg lol it’s 14kg alone plus you’ve got filter and fan hanging from the other bar which is horizontal across the tent. 

also why I’m here do you lot have both poles going same way across the tent? Sorry for going on it’s first time I’m nervous n don’t wanna come home to see a expensive light on my plants. Any suggestions very welcome, 

thanks for reading 

Shouldn't be a problem,  iv only ever used tents and never had one break,  I have all my gear hanging inside and use the roof of it for storage iv got loads of spare equipment on top of it

1 person likes this

It will collapse, you're fucked lol 

2 people like this

Buy cheap buy twice. Can you not send both back lol

Posted (edited)

large.3E06777C-22F5-46C0-8422-4FECBF5D9F20.jpeglarge.ADFDA47F-D3FE-4437-88FF-FC519AF9D24F.jpegI hang a huge heavy LED  inside my secret Jardin L120 and it’s holding up just fine, but I worried when I put it in... 

its holding up fine though. 

Just noticed how dusty is it. Wtf? 

Edited by assault and battery
Proof in pics
2 people like this

Just now, Key said:

Not true,  iv had my current tent 5 years now,  its a 1.2m square and cost me £45 and is still going strong, my veg tent is an 80cm square and cost £28.95 and also been going strong the last 5 years,  both were the cheapest on ebay the big one even came with free yoyos so works out even cheaper.  I had one of the original bud boxes (I think that's the name,  I forget, might be buddha box )  that cost me 120something quid and the zip broke in under 3 months.  expensive doesn't always mean good quality. 

4 people like this

So for piece of mind looks like I’m gonna have to duct tape claws to other pole ffs lol 

28 minutes ago, Tigstar82 said:

Not true,  iv had my current tent 5 years now,  its a 1.2m square and cost me £45 and is still going strong, my veg tent is an 80cm square and cost £28.95 and also been going strong the last 5 years,  both were the cheapest on ebay the big one even came with free yoyos so works out even cheaper.  I had one of the original bud boxes (I think that's the name,  I forget, might be buddha box )  that cost me 120something quid and the zip broke in under 3 months.  expensive doesn't always mean good quality. 

What light you got there mate?

39 minutes ago, Key said:

Tent can nothing wrong with light got a friend smashing a 5x5 with his, couple of little 80 watt for back up, I will get spectrum king next and buy some cobs, the tent I purchased in a shop and it being 2018 I thought they’d all have metal corners, I’m so naive lol 

Just now, Hobo82 said:

What light you got there mate?

600w hps with an adjusta-wing shade and an extra 100 watts of LED full spectrum in the big tent and 250w envirolight and 100w LED full spectrum in the little tent

1 person likes this

I’ll do one grow and get a green cube, never mind you live and learn. 

I have a Secret Jardin too. There is no way I trust it told the weight of my massive carbon filter. I'm buying a Green Qube as soon as I can 

Check your zips and the stitching around the socks for light leaks. 

1 person likes this

You can buy stronger replacement corners but the last time I looked they cost £4 each.

2 people like this

The best tents I've had have been cheap ebay specials. The worst was a 1.5m2 branded tent from a hydro shop, started falling apart at the stitches after barely 1 grow. If I buy any more tents in future it will be from ebay, sod the secret overpriced stitching.

Ordinarily I'd say you get what you pay for, but with this game I'd say you'd be poor in no time if you paid for only the more expensive gear on the assumption it's better cos it costs more. Sometimes it is yes, but not always.

5 people like this

Buy a gorilla tent expensive but well worth the money, you get what you pay for:yep:

1 person likes this