Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budsy

Avanced Nutrients Big Bud & Overdrive

Hi all, Im in Hydro NFT and im using 3 part AN Micro Grow & Bloom. Plants are at 3 weeks Veg and lplants ooking nice and healthy. Ive also used some Voodoo Juice for root growth.

Ive been reading about the extra that go with the AN range. The general concensus seems to be that Big Bud and Overdrive work quite well but the others are not needed. And if I do use any additives to only use them at half strength.

Does this sound about right?  Ive also got some Canna PK13/14 and Canna Boost left over from last time.

PS - Growing THC Bomb strain.

Any Info/Advice will be appreciated. Peace!!!

ive used the overdrive last few runs and i like it. im sure it helps with bulking up late flower. ive tried big bud as i had a free sample and didnt notice much difference

so never bothered with it again. 

No boosts are needed

Owd

4 people like this

Thanks guys, Ill keep it simple and stick to base nutes, less is more so to speak! Save afew quid aswell.

Cheers

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, Owderb said:

No boosts are needed

Owd

I'm with you on this one,  iv spent tons of cash over the years on all the latest and "greatest" bloom boosters out there and rarely see a difference,  I do want to try mammoth P tho but at that price I'm happy to go without lol Simple pk 13/14 is all I use most of the time.  Most boosts are a mix of molasses,  amino acids,  and kelp you could easily make your own for a fraction of the price

Sorry to jump in but I'm using Advanced nutrients Coco and mix 200lts at a time and after 24hrs the nutrients smell like sewage water is this normal? Also its says they are pH perfect but when I stick my pH pen in the pH is always above 6.5 so I've been adjusting pH to 5.8 but I'm not sure whether I should be adding pH down as its says its not needed? 

Edited by Azzak

No need to ph AN nutes as they're super chelated so they work within a much larger ph range than normal nutes.

Don't quote me but I think the range it works in goes from about 4.5 to 10.5 so 6.5 is "perfect" m8 :)

The smell doesn't sound right tho :(

Have you been adding any rhizo or seaweed or other adative that may be causing the stink? 

1 person likes this

On 14/01/2019 at 2:50 PM, Hippie on hill said:

No need to ph AN nutes as they're super chelated so they work within a much larger ph range than normal nutes.

Don't quote me but I think the range it works in goes from about 4.5 to 10.5 so 6.5 is "perfect" m8 :)

Have you been adding any rhizo or seaweed or other adative that may be causing the stink? 

Thanks for clearing that up for me regarding PH I've made a mix without adjusting to see if it is the pH down has been causing the issue with it smelling quite bad we will see cheers for reply dude 

I've left the made up nutrients and no change still smell after 24hrs I've not experienced it before as I have  only used canna over the years but got stuck in my ways over the years and felt like I was missing out on better returns by changing to a more suited nutrient so I'm unsure if this is normal or something is turning my nutes hardwater messing with ph etc

On 14/01/2019 at 2:50 PM, Hippie on hill said:

Im confused by this statement...(im no expert so welcome being corrected)......PH range for NFT hydro systems are 6.2 to 5.8 or I am very much misinformed (the later for flowering)

6.5 is great for soil.....not for hydro tho

As for the smell......it was 'gone off' nutrients the last time I had the problem :yep:

Edited by zen-ken

Here's some of their bumf about chelation to confuse you further :)

https://www.advancednutrients.com/articles/chelation-process/

From rereading their other bumf ....There are buffers in the mix to automatically adjust the ph so long as your tap water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 

But from actually using it and reading around the actual ph is probably gonna be around 6.5 which still works because of all the chelation magic 

Wish I'd used the pH meter a little more to check throughout my grow with AN nutes now but I only tested it on day 1 then took the batteries out and put it away for the rest of the grow without thinking about it again to be honest lol

15 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

Here's some of their bumf about chelation to confuse you further :)

https://www.advancednutrients.com/articles/chelation-process/

From rereading their other bumf ....There are buffers in the mix to automatically adjust the ph so long as your tap water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 

But from actually using it and reading around the actual ph is probably gonna be around 6.5 which still works because of all the chelation magic 

Wish I'd used the pH meter a little more to check throughout my grow with AN nutes now but I only tested it on day 1 then took the batteries out and put it away for the rest of the grow without thinking about it again to be honest lol

I have read everything (except  the white paper as I needed to be a member) and Im still not understanding how the 'magic' happens at 6.5.

It repeats itself over and over that chelation occurs best at its optimal range of 5.5 - 6.3.

As I am understanding it chelation makes the macro nutrients more available and aids absorption due to negative and positive ions and its impact on allowing either to enter either receptors in the plants cells.

(ie negative can go in positive and vice versa as the chelation neutralises the charge until in the plant cell) 

Anything outside of the 'sweet spot' as they put it makes it all irrelevant and no magic happens....slight variations within the range are ok due to the 'zwitterionic chelates'

(ie nutes normally taking up at 5.5 can do so at 6.1)

Im not looking to argue brother.....I only wish to further my knowledge but admit Im not as sharp as I used to be since my treatments (chemo brain is real) so please don't think I'm being difficult. :yep:

I have used the AN connoisseur range and apart from the price was very pleased with the results....I always PH'd to 5.9 tho and always had the concern that by doing so I was upsetting the NPK ratio's in my schedule by adding the acid.

Edited by zen-ken

I never ph AN nutes...when I first used them I was advised not to as it would screw them up, eight years and several successful crops later...:wassnnme:

Just forget ph if you are using these you'll do more harm than good pissing about with it, chuck the ph meter back in the box and forget it.

Don't follow their feed schedule either, it's far too hot...

:oldtoker: