Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bwm

Which strain? / Seedbank

Looking for some advice on the best outdoor strains for cold/wet/windy location (lat60N) I recently did some Monk & LEB27S From HFH but to honest germination was a bit crap (out of 26 seeds only 14 popped) some got eaten by snails and slugs and some were killed by drastic changes in the weather. I put out 11 plants and I’m already down to two. (Mainly down to recent drastic temp changes I think) 

Anyway, any suggestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks Bwm. 

Share this post


Link to post

gutted for you mate...hope the remaining ones are female lol

your on the right track genetics wise,i think most people at your lat would be doing esbes gear or autos tbh.

you have paniks realgorrillaseeds with maybe the royalmazar?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

gutted for you mate...hope the remaining ones are female lol

your on the right track genetics wise,i think most people at your lat would be doing esbes gear or autos tbh.

you have paniks realgorrillaseeds with maybe the royalmazar?

@stu sleeper 20vtIt’s ok mate, this was a bit of an experiment really and to be fair they suffered considerably conditions-wise. Due to my work commitments it meant infrequent visits, underwatering and temps in the high 20’s....(not to mention Bamby and her mates plus Shaun the sheep had nibbled most of them).......then the weather turned for the worse by 15-17 degrees with lots of wind and rain. Suffice to say, they didn’t like it!!! To be honest I’m astounded at this plants resilience. 

Cheers for the suggestion, I’ll check those out. I’ve also been considering Durban Poison and Jack Herer as from what I can make out they are quite accustomed to a bit of cold. I wonder if it’s too late for an auto or two? 

Edited by Bwm

Share this post


Link to post

@stu sleeper 20vtP.S. I’d be chuffed even if they both turn out to be males......a few seeds would be appreciated as funds are a bit tight atm. Although the thought of taking these meds for longer doesn’t exactly fill me with joy. I’m only 40 and have a problem shaking like a shitting dog. Parkinson meds are horrible and shite......

cheers brother, catch you later. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I would go with an automatic, something like hindu kush auto, which can withstand colder temperatures.

As you will know, where we are, bud rot and mold are the killer of photoperiod strains. 

Ive tried loads of them (photoperiods) over the years, and this year im trying autos. white skunk was not bad, and an afghan iplanted grew huge, but the buds went mushy.

None of my previous phots have provided much bud, and ive harvested 3/5ths of f-all from them.

Autos are your best bet I reckon, or if you cant bring yourself to trying an auto, something that finishes early like early pearl or one of the HFH strains like Danish gold maybe?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, badbillybob said:

I would go with an automatic, something like hindu kush auto, which can withstand colder temperatures.

As you will know, where we are, bud rot and mold are the killer of photoperiod strains. 

Ive tried loads of them (photoperiods) over the years, and this year im trying autos. white skunk was not bad, and an afghan iplanted grew huge, but the buds went mushy.

None of my previous phots have provided much bud, and ive harvested 3/5ths of f-all from them.

Autos are your best bet I reckon, or if you cant bring yourself to trying an auto, something that finishes early like early pearl or one of the HFH strains like Danish gold maybe?

You know, it’s practically light here 24/7 as I’m closer to the equator and to reach 12/12 it’ll be very late to say the least.......autos might be the way to go. I guess it’s going to be trial and error! The price of seeds is kinda off putting too when I just have no idea if they can be grown successfully here. A lot of work and no bud don’t sound like a great scenario tbh, lol

Im keeping an eye out for updates from you anyhow to see how your getting on........

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

You could always buy a few single seeds, and some colloidial silver, and grow them indoors, create a shitload of free feminised autos by "selfing" the plant. Put simply, spray the feminised auto seed so that it creates bollox, then use the jizz to pollenate another femmed auto.

If you want more detail, just ask, i'll help you out if you decide to go down this route. 

This would increase your chances and not cost a lot of cash. A mate did this with the seeds im growing outdoors now, and im sure he had a few hundred seeds from a couple of plants.

Might be worth thinking about .

Or you could just grow indoors, at least that way you are pretty much guaranteed success.

Edited by badbillybob

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

You could always buy a few single seeds, and some colloidial silver, and grow them indoors, create a shitload of free feminised autos by "selfing" the plant. Put simply, spray the feminised auto seed so that it creates bollox, then use the jizz to pollenate another femmed auto.

If you want more detail, just ask, i'll help you out if you decide to go down this route. 

This would increase your chances and not cost a lot of cash. A mate did this with the seeds im growing outdoors now, and im sure he had a few hundred seeds from a couple of plants.

Might be worth thinking about .

Or you could just grow indoors, at least that way you are pretty much guaranteed success.

That would be fantastic but my Mrs would cut my bollox off if I put anything in the house.......unless I can use the colloidal silver on myself and create a new set, lol

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

There is always the divorce option lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/07/2018 at 9:15 AM, badbillybob said:

There is always the divorce option lol

That might be on the cards mate, just built a nice little growbox in my loft. I have 350w of L.E.D to pop in there soon. I’m just looking for a fan/filter as I ain’t doing jack shit without that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

That’s 350w from the wall btw.....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

cool, I hope it produces fat assed buds for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, badbillybob said:

cool, I hope it produces fat assed buds for you.

 Cheers bbb, I may be looking for that colloidal silver help soon mate if it’s still on offer? Fat buds may have to come first though until I find something that works for me so it’s cool if your busy .....

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0