Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boycey

Spidermites on 1 plant in flower

Hi all. Just seen 1 plant has tiny cobwebs on bottom. I'm 5 weeks into flower. I wiped webs off but wondering what best course of action is. Should I throw infected plant away before it spreads? Thanks in advance 

Webs usually start at the top of plants and you should see plenty of damage before webs even appear. Are you sure its mites

Owd

1 person likes this

You never have just one plant infected ;)

5 weeks in your choices are: bite the bullet, pull 'em, scrub the life outta your space and start again... 

Or

Keep their numbers down by eye + stickies and get ready for the bitter taste of mites in your bud. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you want something toxic that will kill them all buy Dr schimmel spider mite treatment of ebay this will kill them remember to  wear plastic gloves and a mask or it might kill you as well you mix 8 ml per litre of water spray the whole plant but concentrate  most on under the leafs do not be tempted to mix more than 8 ml per litre of water you will probably kill the plants and only do it once  good luck

Edited by Landrace-seeds
2 people like this

No way 5 weeks into flower, in veg then yes, imo nasty chemical shit all the way, but more than 2-3 weeks into flower I wouldn't spray owt. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Landrace-seeds said:

If you want something toxic that will kill them

Why would you at 5 weeks into flower. Something toxic means systemic

ED...^^^^^Beat me to it

Owd

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

Yea  your right it is chemical at the end of the day they say it's safe to use this stuf in flower but they will say anything to sell there products

1 person likes this

Thanks for all your help. I'm gonna Hoover and wipe them every day with water and washing up liquid,see how it pans out. Deffo not using chemicals 

Washing up liquid works by increasing the surface tension and acting as a 'whetting' agent. It's not just chemical residue you need to watch, the moisture can promote mold.