Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GreenVision

Samsung LM561c

16 posts in this topic

Hi all. Hoping for a little help here. My growing situation has changed somewhat and im looking into finally taking that leap into full on led.

Im after something plug and grow if possible. I need to light a 1.5 x 3 tent. I dont mind a diy but would rather something that was premade as being a perfectionist like so many i would wind up trying too hard and spending just as much making it look pretty.

Leaning towards strip over board as its 1.5 across and boards seem to be set more on 1.2 but would consider either.

Please try not to turn the topic into one of those horrible led vs hid things. I use cmh and de hps but just need a change.

Have done a google to the power of 10 over the last few days but god led has come along some. Much more than a couple of usa suppliers now. So hoping ro get real advice from the folks that know. 

Thanks.

GV.

3 people like this

That's one hell of a strip build mate. F series lm561C doubles are like rocking horse shit at the moment, singles would be a pain. So I'd go for hinflux strips, which are over priced unless you are buying bulk.

Going to HLG for the v2 quantum's would be the easy option.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

The same as it comes down to as always, how much light do you want to put down on your plants? If you want to obtain similar yields to the DE and CMH set up then you need to match the PPF, work out what each unit outputs, add them together and work backwards to figure out how much LED output you're gonna need for the same amount of light or more. I think its worth pointing out that (manufacturers) DE HPS is 2.1 umoles per watt and CMH is 1.9/2.0 (depending on lamp brand) - I've seen a 550 HLG unit sphere test data (DIYLEDUK showed me it when I bought my units, I forget the exact model) at 2.5 umoles per watt, thats the best I seen so any compensation from heat and power consumption won't be loads, but there will be some.  

E2A Could it be the v2 QB that I saw the test data for @Key ? Impressive stuff.

Edited by Golden Syrup
4 people like this

Alright Gv,

Not really seen much about the strips.

But boards,surly you could space them out nicely once you have decided what you want to run at with how ever many boards, 

Jj :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Hi ya @Key have we met before? lol Hope your keeping well bud. Good to see you back. 

HLG was my first stop. I have at least 4 weeks until im ready to go. I want to finish a few autos and start freah in a new emvironment some time begining of August. 

So if there is some newer tech that maybe i can keep an eye out for im all ears dude. Its exactly the sort of info im after. Ive only been bk on the site since April as i had to hang up the lights from Novemebr last year until May this year due to house move.

GV.

3 people like this

@Golden Syrup Hi mate. 

In all honesty i havent looked at led tech for maybe 10 months even a year, since before i got my de's and cmh. 

Looking around the site i have picked up on these. Including fishing round some full spectrum diary some chaps running... lol . So i thought id ask how folks are using them them plus what they think then start looking more in depth at what i can achieve in my grow area.

Its no big secret i've always had my eye on an led room. Just now with the house move and growing indoors rather than in a garage i find myself wanting / needimg a change as well as having different priorities in my grow encoronment.

GV.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes @Golden Syrup thats the data you saw. 

They use the lm301b ay/sk bins which means lowest voltage and highest flux to get that 2.5. You dont get 10% extra ppf as the voltage/wattage is lower, just more per watt. 

@GreenVision If you can be arsed get the singles and some L profile. 18 singles/heatsinks and 6x hlg320 drivers is what id do.

Edited by Key
2 people like this

@Key thanks mate. I see the v2 yesterday but i didn't look much further than price and if they had them in stock. As i said been out of the loop for a while.  

Just had a peep. Look very impressive, and surprisingly well priced everything considered.

I think i'll have to drop them am email.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciate it. :yep:

GV.

2 people like this

Hi GV just found your post here, the pm seems to point the same direction as given above.

Toke

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Hi GV just found your post here, the pm seems to point the same direction as given above.

Toke

Yes it does mate. Uncanny lol

But clearly hlg still seems the place to be. 

1 person likes this

There product is good, with Samsung making the boards up you can't go wrong. Just remember to ask them to lower the invoice before packing them haha.

3 people like this

Where would one buy some of the newer Samsung led strips in the uk ? I can't find anywhere but there is plenty of good tutorials for making your own panels

Just ordered a board from Germany . It has 308. 301b diodes on it with the driver and delivery it was under 1£ per w. That’s quite good for off the shelf . Will see how it does when it arrives. It also does not need a heatsink . Should be comparable to hlg the Germans make their own boards so genuine diodes as far as I can tell :oldtoker:

4 people like this

Ive been eyeing up a few things on there site. Let me know how quick it was please.

Id consider using heatsinks. High junction temp causes voltage drop, which effects output, efficiency and longevity of the led by quite a bit. Not that quite a bit is a measure ment , I could dig through the data sheet and find the graphs, but I can't be arsed.  

1 person likes this

@Key  they have assured me it’s fine without they stress tested it @ 4amps 160w and temp was 65.8c.  3.5 max they say is 140w 58.8 c.   Doubt I go above 3amps so well within thermal limits they use a thick pcb:oldtoker: I trust what They say unless they like Volkswagen lol   There the reason I used PayPal as well , they also know people watching with interest .. 

2 people like this