Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ratdog

Best tent company

30 posts in this topic

Hello people, I`m struggling with space and height in my main flower room and I`m seriously considering a 1.2x1.2 tent in my bedroom so I can look at the plants properly and tend then from three sides instead of the little access door I have atm, bit gutting to think about abandoning my purpose built room but it`s ceiling is too low and is frying plants more often than not. 

Whose tents do you rate to last at least 3-4 years?

thanks

I totally know where you're coming from.  Perhaps a new approach to the build is required?  Upcycle the old room?  

Having said that id love a tent.  Simple and purposeful.  Built for the job.  

Moving plants in and out of a space is stressful.  I always say it's the last time in moving them out and then carry on taking them out.  You do too!

I reckon a tent in your room is the way to go.  Keep it running quiet, happy days.

I don't mind the sound\hum.  It's ok for me.

1 person likes this

Go with Budbox or Greenqube mate, I'd recommend the budbox over the GQ as it comes with white lined which reflects more PAR light across the spectrum than silver lined tents do - complimenting full spectrum lighting lovely.

4 people like this

ive used secret jardin dr120, which was great, no problems for 5 odd years.

Ive also used the mega cheapos from fleabay- don't bother- they are shit

Ive got a green room pro just now (its the one with the 25mm poles, and its basically a green qube rip off, but cheaper.

If you are looking for top quality whatever the cost, then I reckon green qube or bud box pro is the way to go

1 person likes this

I have two tents, a Green Qube and the cheapest 60x60x160cm on flea Bay. Now the cheap one is okay once it's up, bit flimsy but what do you expect? Not sure if it would survive being erected and dismantled several times. The Qube in comparison is like a bomb shelter! 

1 person likes this

I can only say good things about the green qube. I rate it well above secret jardin but I have no reference point with regards to a modern budbox.

Hope that helps.  

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

Go with Budbox or Greenqube mate, I'd recommend the budbox over the GQ as it comes with white lined which reflects more PAR light across the spectrum than silver lined tents do - complimenting full spectrum lighting lovely.

6 months ago when I bought my Green Qube LED-Qube (which is 1.4²m and has the white reflective interior,) Green Qube themselves were junking them out on flea Bay. 

1 person likes this

I just bought a DS120 and put it up last night. Pretty happy with it. seems well made but think the Green Qube looks a bit more sturdy on the poles

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Muppet said:

6 months ago when I bought my Green Qube LED-Qube (which is 1.4²m and has the white reflective interior,) Green Qube themselves were junking them out on flea Bay. 

Yeah the GQ one was a bit of a poor market choice imo, not standard sizing, pink poles etc. I think they forgot this is a raggy industry for raggy lads. I was on about the Bud box ones which are pretty good, a bit rubbish vent hole placement/not enough but yeah, they've all got their pros and cons. GQ and BB are the best.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Green Qube LED-Qub

Went for that one myself too. Was a bargain for the price. Mine came with a few pin holes and after a while the zips started showing pin holes too! 

Apart from the led qube only heard good things about GQ

1 person likes this

I have a green qube and the quality seems great. I'm about to start my first grow in it but i expect it to last quite a while

1 person likes this

When I bought mine the choice was a 1.2m² Secret Jardin or a super cheap 1.5m² tent. Glad I spotted the GQ. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, B0bbyBuds said:

Went for that one myself too. Was a bargain for the price. Mine came with a few pin holes and after a while the zips started showing pin holes too! 

Apart from the led qube only heard good things about GQ

Mine had one pinhole and the zips are still light tight. The pink poles are an 'interesting' choice though!

2 people like this

Very happy with my Green Qube, very well made and so easy and quick to put up or take down :yep:

1 person likes this

Bud box or Green Cube it is then, I guess I can decide with the price alone on the choice almost, I don`t care about the odd pin hole, had tents doing that and no problem to the crop, poles and zips are where it`s at tbh.

thanks guys, I think this has made up my mind, here`s to a smaller bedroom lol

Any preferred suppliers you would recommend? used to be a greens fan, still am tbh but if there`s a better one, is there a site sponsored one perhaps?

thanks again, lots of great replies :)