Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratdog

Gojira, fills the gap tool left

Been listening to the first few songs of this since yesterday, haven`t got past song five for various birthday reasons lol but plan to hear the rest later tonight, I`m sat here in the middle of tea and a doc and still sneaking a listen to the first song

No doubt I`m well behind the times though lol

1 person likes this

Personally, I'm still stuck on Tool lol just never gets old.

I liked this track a lot. Very cool video. Just started listening to another track of theirs called Stranded, think you may have put me onto a new favourite dude!

Happy birthday mate, hope it's a goodun :)

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Fry said:

Personally, I'm still stuck on Tool lol just never gets old.

No it doesn`t, but they opened a new style for the time imo and they have renege on any new material for about 12 year now lol

1 person likes this

i have tried to get into this stuff but it gives me earache after about 15 mins or so . i have tried but ive failed .

ill stick to jazz

1 person likes this

Oh! Interesting!! I'll give them a spin...

Tool news - By mid-may this year, they had finished recording the drums for a new album... The rest is to be recorded when they come off tour in the states...

Pussifer's newest album (Money Shot) is very good, though I'm not so keen on the latest A Perfect Circle album, a few good tracks...

:punk:

Happy belated birthday celebrations!!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, catfish said:

i have tried to get into this stuff but it gives me earache after about 15 mins or so . i have tried but ive failed .

ill stick to jazz

No worries dad lol

17 minutes ago, Slugums said:

Oh! Interesting!! I'll give them a spin...

Tool news - By mid-may this year, they had finished recording the drums for a new album... The rest is to be recorded when they come off tour in the states...

Pussifer's newest album (Money Shot) is very good, though I'm not so keen on the latest A Perfect Circle album, a few good tracks...

:punk:

Happy belated birthday celebrations!!

I`ll believe it when it`s in the shops lol

I tried Pulsifer and didn`t like it, I don`t rate him outside of Tool except for the first PC album, after that they were just miserable with no decent tunes lol

Thanks mate :)

2 people like this

6 hours ago, ratdog said:

No worries dad lol

:rofl:

6 hours ago, ratdog said:

I`ll believe it when it`s in the shops lol

I tried Pulsifer and didn`t like it, I don`t rate him outside of Tool except for the first PC album, after that they were just miserable with no decent tunes lol

I know what you mean!!

I kinda agree - the latest APC album is not great, the first was their best, with Judith the stand out track! Yeah! Money Shot has a fair few miserable tracks and they lack the weight and interest of of Tool for sure! But, I used to be a goth, I dig the misery!!:rofl:

Take it easy bro!! :v:

1 person likes this

i did lol@ratdog

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Slugums said:

with Judith the stand out track!

:yep:

9 hours ago, catfish said:

i did lol@ratdog

I believe you mate, it`s not to everyone`s taste lol

1 person likes this

im not having a pop nor do i think that you think that im having a pop .

i have tried . growing up my best pals brother was well  into heavy rock / metal /speed metal /ect .

i can understand why people love it . its got energy ,tempo and tonnes of drama within  the music.

i do get it ,it can move you in ways other music cant. maybe i need more training .

Posted (edited)

@catfish

I know you arn`t having a pop mate

I think for me, good metal/progressive rock is quite often very thoughtful in it`s lyrics and approach, which is surprising when some people call it head banging bullshit, but most, like all good bands takes a bit of getting accustomed to. I first heard Mr Bungle (lead singer was Mike Patton) back in 1990 and I thought what the fuck is this shit lol thought I`d wasted my hard earned cash, but after two weeks of daily listening it* started to make sense and now it`s one of my favourite albums of all time. I think you would get into quite a lot of this type of music given you like jazz, for the same reasons I like it, the more complicated the music the bigger the pay off.

*I was lucky with this one as I only could afford a few records and only had a tape player to take it with me, so I taped the bungle cd. I was working nights repairing the floors of tescos bakeries for a few weeks and rode in the back of a van to get there from Taunton every afternoon, my boss was a square so I listened to my own music, only had a few tapes so this one got played relentlessly and that was probably the first time I understood the importance of giving some music a fair hearing, excuse the pun.

e2a, I must admit I do like the first few songs on this gojira album but perhaps I was a bit too quick to put them in the same category as Tool etc. :wassnnme:

Edited by ratdog
2 people like this