Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shayneoc

OG Kush stalks rotting??? PICTURES.

20180704_232953.jpg

3 weeks old feeding only 24 hour old tap water which is 350ppm. Babies are growing nicely but I've noticed at the bottom why are the stalks getting brown and rotting away?? Ph is 5.6.

Strange. Everything else is on point apart from the humidity is around 40/60% .. temps 25.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, shayneoc said:

20180704_175548.jpg3 weeks old feeding only 24 hour old tap water which is 350ppm. Babies are growing nicely but I've noticed at the bottom why are the stalks getting brown and rotting away?? Ph is 5.6.

Strange. Everything else is on point apart from the humidity is around 40/60% .. temps 25 and feed temps are 23c degrees 

Edited by Owderb

Posted (edited)

Only thing i was doing daily which was spraying the bottom with pure RO water to try increase RH, so the water was getting the stalks but would this matter??

Also if you look at the bottom right hand plant she isn't doing too good and starting to fold up and go all old looking .. this one not growing and there's no roots really either. 

20180704_232933.jpg

Edited by shayneoc

They will rot, especially at that size if kept wet. Best thing you can do is let them dry as far as possible, if its only a couple even consider pulling them tbh as they will be a reservoir for rot. I have in the past used powdered sulphur on the stem with great results - young plants probably won't like it much but its better than damping off (don't let it get on your soil or roots) and this will kill off the rot. Couple of those look pretty fucked tbh - and the one thing that they find tricky is recovering from that, due to the way a stem thickens.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure if it relates to your rotting question, but they look bone dry & hungry to me? That would explain why your bottom right corner one looks like that, plus being very hungry!

On your stem problem are the stalks flaking layers off? As that would be normal. Or are they just damp feeling & truly rotten? 

There could also be another explanation, as they look stretched from heat or the light being far away? 

Also, what are your stalk props made of? They look like rusty metal? 

I could be way off the mark though mate, as I've not grown mine in the same setup. 

Posted (edited)

Its a common problem thats been known about for a while. Its correct term is damping off. Im sure if you use the search function on the site to search the forum for damping off then you will find plenty of threads from the past. 

Peace!!

lil d

Edited by lildaveham

4 hours ago, AKPOG said:

I'm not sure if it relates to your rotting question, but they look bone dry & hungry to me? That would explain why your bottom right corner one looks like that, plus being very hungry!

On your stem problem are the stalks flaking layers off? As that would be normal. Or are they just damp feeling & truly rotten? 

There could also be another explanation, as they look stretched from heat or the light being far away? 

Also, what are your stalk props made of? They look like rusty metal? 

I could be way off the mark though mate, as I've not grown mine in the same setup. 

Ye I've done some research it's where I was spraying RO water on the lid I didn't even think about not getting the stems wet so this has coursed them to rot. Should I even bother growing these?? Only 3 weeks in.

Rusty metal lol. No it's copper wire.