Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KateAdam

LED Lights - feeling a bit lost

23 posts in this topic

Well I have a Viparspecta 300, it draws about 130w. 130 is the more important. 

How about swapping one of your HPS for a CMH? Yeild would be down a little but less heat but still a useful amount of heat in the winter and plants seem to respond to light cycle changes quicker, i. e. Two weeks of 12/12 looks like 3 weeks under HPS. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Muppet said:

Have you looked at CMH lighting? Two 315w are a reasonable substitute for 1kw of HPS

I'm going to disagree with that - In my experience HPS wattage and CMH wattage are comparable. If you swapped out 2x315 for 1000w you will be disappointed. 2x315 for a 600 is a fair switch.

CMH will give you a nicer product and should shave a week or so off your finishing time, but it won't IME give you more that the equivalent HPS setup. 

Edited by monkeypig

Dunno, I see the 315w as equivalent to about 450w of HPS. I swapped 1kw of HPS for 2x CMH and sure yeild was down a little but offset against using 1/3 less leccy and knocking a week off flowering t'was worth it! 

Posted (edited)

@KateAdam 2x265w kits job done. will give you what you need in that size a tent. Other than quantum board panels from hlg, samsung strip builds no other leds compare period. Anyone telling you that burple leds are great needs a good slapping as they are just justifying what they spent their money on, and because some stupid review told them what they wanted to hear. 

I have grown with hps, purples, cobs now quantum boards so I know my shit on leds, experience from a grower that says it as it is, has documented grows, is all you should really need.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
3 people like this

And I know how to judge the evidence before my eyes. I am fully prepared to to be leave that the future of our lighting is full spectrum COBs. but they're not there yet. 

You could use LED for the next new growing. My bro switch from HPS to LED in flower, not a so good result. But with LED startly, the difference is obviously

What are your thoughts on either purchasing a 600w dimmable HPS or a 600/1000w LED, both full spectrum. I need to fill a 80x80x160 tent with 1/2 plants in at a time and need some help!