Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Anvil

Drying in this hot summer

45 posts in this topic

Having issues with the heat too.

Harvested my plants a few weeks ago. I did an extremely slow dry in the tent for 2 weeks at which point they could have done with another week or into paper bags but had to jar them up. They’ve been drying slowly ever since. A lot of the jars are still quite wet and have that wet weed smell. A couple have dried more and there is a nice pineapple smell from the cindy and strong haze snell from the sch and ssh. Was getting worried that the wet smell wasn’t going away but having a few jars dry instilled confidence in the drying process. 

I accidnetly left left a jar open in a very very hot room and that jar is crumble dry now. Bit disappointed but still nice bud non the less. 

Again left the jars open open last night, was meant to close them. Luckily it was cool and the buds have driedquite a bit more. The smells slowly coming through and so is the potency, it’s strong enough already though! 

Put a more moist bud in the crumbly jar.

;)

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Put a more moist bud in the crumbly jar.

Great man! I will do that tonight. Reckon it will go not crumbly? 

Put enough in and it will equalise.  Crumbly will be nice and the too wet will dry out.

;)

I was just reading how an unglazed terracotta pot filled with water and placed near the air flow will create a poor mans air conditioner to drop temperatures, plus with the added bonus of a little more humidity in the air this should slow down the drying process.

Will be trying this as is untested, just read about it.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

I was just reading how an unglazed terracotta pot filled with water and placed near the air flow will create a poor mans air conditioner to drop temperatures, plus with the added bonus of a little more humidity in the air this should slow down the drying process.

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Although the water wont stay cold for long so you would have to regularly change the water.

I was thinking of buying some dry Ice placed infront of a fan in the corner of the room.

Im just abit concerned about there being too much moisture in the air for mold to take hold with the warm enviroment.

Really racking my brain

Very close to chopping so i need to sort something 

Edited by Cheesehunter1
1 person likes this

and   THATS   the reason i love this site .....  no matter what the problems,  theres allways someone on here with the knowledge to  correct  all the cock-ups i make .....  cheers   folks ...:yep:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Cheesehunter1 said:

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Although the water wont stay cold for long so you would have to regularly change the water.

I was thinking of buying some dry Ice placed infront of a fan in the corner of the room.

Im just abit concerned about there being too much moisture in the air for mold to take hold with the warm enviroment.

Really racking my brain

Very close to chopping so i need to sort something 

unglazed terracotta pot filled with water  has unexpected highly efficient benefits by all account.  I fully intend to test this.....

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

unglazed terracotta pot filled with water  has unexpected highly efficient benefits by all account.  I fully intend to test this.....

Let us know how the temps get on buddy

Im a few weeks away so itll be good to know

1 person likes this

Thought I’d jump on this thread instead of starting a new one; I’ve chopped four today, all fan leaves removed and first two cut Down to branches and hung, the other two just chopped from the bottom and hung upside down. Temp in there is currently 25, humidity of 30%. Unfortunately I found a bit of mould in one of the big colas but have removed that section, will check daily to make sure no more appears, fingers crossed. May slowly start removing some of the leaves when I check them, this ok or would I be best just leaving them to it? Thanks, and happy growing. 

Hanging the whole plant instead of arms?..temps in my loft rocketed and my sour dosies were crisp in 6 days :wallbash::censored:

I hung mine as whole plants and it was dry in 4, so I expect yours were maybe left for a day or two too long.  I was in there every day checking stems for dryness, once a significant amount had that crunch to them I removed buds from plant to glass jars.  Seems to have worked pretty nice actually, hope this helps others :)

1 person likes this

On 19/07/2018 at 8:12 AM, Inspiration101 said:

How are your temps doing after doing the pot idea buddy

The last couple of days have been very hot and looks like it's going to stay like this awhile. 

After reading all the recent comments with you guys having to take down after 4 days is scaring me 

Really not looking forward to this harvest :unsure:

I have been house bound and on loadsa meds since so not had opportunity as yet to get out.  Not allowed to drive :(

So far so good, temps have been 15-22 in my tent, averaging at 18-20 so ideal drying temp. Humidity has ranged from 35-58%. Currently at 50-55, what do you all recommend is the ideal humidity? Read everything from 25-60%, so your thoughts would be appreciated. It’s actually raining down here in the southwest today, and the temps have dropped quite a bit. If I need to lower the humidity I’ll have to put a heater in there as more heat equals less humidity, which I’m fine with doing if you would all recommend to. Thanks.   

1 person likes this