Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goblingreen

Big head seeds dogstar dawg

Evening All,

Ive been growing a dogstar dawg in soil under 400w hps for 12 weeks (8 flowering) Just wondering if anyone has got any experience growing this particular strain and if so what pointers they looked for when harvesting? I've had a bit before and it was a really nice daytime smoke so I'm hoping to harvest it before it turns to couch lock material! Won't let upload a pic but it's big and frosty and some pistols are beginning to go Brown whilst some look very white and straight still! Standard dilemma I'm started to see but any tips would help cheers! 

If your not keen on couch lock, then you should harvest before you know it's gone too far. Sativa strains have a timeline before their desired effects fade I feel. So many experienced growers on here will say when you know you know. It's when you want it. So uplifting day time? Don't wait too long, yet make sure its prime for picking. If a lot of the pistils are the way you say, you still have some good time ahead. 2 weeks then a flush I'd say, maybe less if you want to guarantee it's an early chop.

1 person likes this

Thanks fish,

If we have potentially 3 weeks to go I need to invest in a garden cane as this baby is alrwady top heavy!

Thanks fish,

If we have potentially 3 weeks to go I need to invest in a garden cane as this baby is getting top heavy!

Posted (edited)

On 7/1/2018 at 8:36 AM, Goblingreen said:

Thanks fish,

If we have potentially 3 weeks to go I need to invest in a garden cane as this baby is getting top heavy!

That's the dream right there! :hippy:

I'm shocked at the progress of what flushing does, they have all seemed to swell up just a bit over the past few days. I have one to chop coming up in the next days and then have to gauge the rest. Jewellers loop may help, trichomes and all that.

Edited by Fishbern
Suuper Dumb Right Now
1 person likes this

Living the dream! I do have a jewellers loupe but I struggle to get a prolonged look as it's all to wobbly... or I'm too wobbly. No mind I borrowed my mates microscope for last plant and the pics were fascinating so I'll probably just borrow that again if he will let me! Ide post a pic but I'm finding it impossible to take one small enough...:skin_up:

You'll figure out how to resize it before uploading.. I can't be bothered though :smokin: