Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pau176

Master kush - Week 8 under 600watt dual spectrum

37 posts in this topic
16 hours ago, AKPOG said:

Then there was Super Skunk - what a pile of shit! I grew out 3 phenos, all started out really well, but flowered like shit! They all went over 80days

Mine went over 11 weeks,they foxtailed really badly,don't smell great,they in jars now,but not sure whether I can face smoking it.

1 person likes this

I didn't realize you grew Super Skunk mate? If you've had a shit grow from them too I cannot understand how they've got such good reviews on that strain? 

I know exactly what you mean when you say you can't face smoking it :fart:

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, THEDANK said:

I have had that before with autos, could be the harvest process or chlorophyll.

Also I find for autos the best taste and smell are always from Dina Fem and sweet seeds. Both my fav for auto flowering plants 

I ordered 3 x cheese from Dina Fem yesterday so I’ll give them a shot.

in the meantime, I ordered bubble bags just in case a long cure doesn’t have the required effect. 

Here is my Master Kush, from clone at 8 weeks with about a week to go.

large.5b6ecb5ff302f_MasterKush_8Weeks_4.jpglarge.5b6ecb5d76a1c_MasterKush_8Weeks_3.jpglarge.5b6ecb5b33f8d_MasterKush_8Weeks_1.jpglarge.5b6ecb595a062_MasterKush_8Weeks_5.jpglarge.5b6ecb6211283_MasterKush_8Weeks_2.jpg

:yinyang:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 11/08/2018 at 0:48 PM, AKPOG said:

Here is my Master Kush, from clone at 8 weeks with about a week to go.

large.5b6ecb5ff302f_MasterKush_8Weeks_4.jpglarge.5b6ecb5d76a1c_MasterKush_8Weeks_3.jpglarge.5b6ecb5b33f8d_MasterKush_8Weeks_1.jpglarge.5b6ecb595a062_MasterKush_8Weeks_5.jpglarge.5b6ecb6211283_MasterKush_8Weeks_2.jpg

:yinyang:

Looks lush.

Good news. The cure is doing the job.

I’ve been slow drying & curing my buds for 2 weeks now and finally, they’re nearly dry, smelling &  looking the part. 

The taste is smooth and they have potency. 

The mistake I made was not drying the buds long enough in the net. I was scared of over drying them. 

I put them in jars way too early. I only knew this when I started measuring the humidity in the jars.

I was lucky Mold didn’t set in to be honest.

Now, I got Boveda 62% packs with the bud and I’ve been leaving the jars open over night and sealed from morning until Midnight. 

Humidity is down to 75% in jars now with a temp of 21 degrees. 

From my research, humidity needs to be 65% to keep the bud curing and in good condition. 

I reckon another week my buds will be well & truly cured. 

Plant C:

15 weeks & still going. The beast is finally flowering and giving off some nice aromas.

I’ve clipped all the lower branches because the pop corn bud on the other 2 seems a waste to me. 

My thinking is, if the plant is wasting energy on the lower branches, the plant will put more resources into the top of the plant.

Hope I didn’t stress the plant by pruning her. She doesn’t seem to mind. 

I reckon she’ll be done at 20 weeks.

is this normal? 8 more weeks than the other 2. Same strain, same set up & same feed. 

Any concern I had about the genetics are false. Any misgiving about Sensi seeds are now gone. 

Edited by Pau176
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Pau176 said:

is this normal? 8 more weeks than the other 2. Same strain, same set up & same feed. 

Thanks for the compliments :skin_up:

It is normal for many hybrid strains (particularly less stable & less mature ones) to have such a large gap between phenos, but yours is at the extreme of the spectrum I might add.

I've had hybrid strains that state 6 to 8 weeks on the pack that have gone into 16weeks before & it is to my knowledge that longer strains have more sativa genes & visa-versa. 

Glad you've got some good results though buddy. Nice growing :yep:

Has anybody got an idea on how to dry my harvest with high humidity? 

My other 2, I wet trimmed and put all the buds in a drying net.

I used a dark cupboard under the stairs with a fan blowing away from the net. 

I think I lost a lot of the smell because of this process. 

My next plant, I’m going to cut the fan leaves off, hang the whole thing upside down and then dry trim.

Humidity in my cupboard is usually about 60 to 70 humidity. Temps in the recent heat wave were about 24 degrees. 

Has anybody got any advice as I currently have 3 mason jars full of Kush.

When I open the jars, it smells nice. The individual buds are pretty sterile. When i’m breaking the buds up I can get a faint smell but not much. 

The buds are covered in resin. I get a weird head high when I smoke it. 

I’m going to make Bubble hash as I don’t enjoy smoking it.

The third plant, I really want to get it right this time but I don’t have the correct temps or humidity in my drying room.