Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AKPOG

Two RVK125 fans into one 125mm Ducting?

24 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Rampa Green said:

@AKPOG

the rvk a1 is low powered

you want the rvk L1 for high power version 

Yes thanks mate, that's what i meant, upgrade from the A1 to the L1.

Although the grow shop I bought it from says that if I upgrade to the L1 (which they don't stock) then I'll need to upgrade my carbon filter? 

Posted (edited)

Yes I’m in the same situation. I think the 5”rvk pulls about 365m3h

I used a 6” mountain air filter with 125rvkl1.

But want to use my 6”rvk l1 now. On full pelt the 6” fan is just overrated for my filter.

what is the rating in m3h (metres cubed per hour) of your filter?

wants to be 400+ For the rvk125l1

Edited by Rampa Green

12 minutes ago, Rampa Green said:

Yes I’m in the same situation. I think the 5”rvk pulls about 295m3h, 

I used a 6” mountain air filter with 125rvkl1.

But want to use my 6”rvk l1 now. On full pelt the 6” fan is just overrated for my filter.

what is the rating in m3h (metres cubed per hour) of your filter?

wants to be 300+ For the rvk125l1

The tech spec of my Prima Klima CF is apparently 250m3h, so I'd have to upgrade for the other 70m3h :wallbash: 

As my CF has a good 12mths left I really don't want to have to upgrade this year. 

So I guess I'm back to drilling another hole in my wall! It looks like the only solution :thumbdown:

Posted (edited)

It’s good to have a way overrated filter. 

I edited last post as you’d need 400m3h rated filter as the fan is 365m3h.

the filter I’m getting is 1350m3h, my fan is rated at 660m3h. So double what my fan is. Should last a good while extra as well

Edited by Rampa Green
Spelling

@AKPOG  if you've got the space for a small vegging cab/tent then I'd use the 5" A1 fan & filter in that instead of drilling a needless hole for another 5" fan,

or you could use the lower spec'd gear in a drying tent or in the main room you smoke in.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

@AKPOG  if you've got the space for a small vegging cab/tent then I'd use the 5" A1 fan & filter in that instead of drilling a needless hole for another 5" fan,

or you could use the lower spec'd gear in a drying tent or in the main room you smoke in.

Thanks for the advice mate. I do have a veg tent to keep my mums in & I was going to use my old carbon filter after 12mths or so, but I don't really need a carbon filter on my veg tent, so I'd be doing it for the sake of it & spending even more money!.

I will say however, that the Prima Klima website states 700m3h on their 5 inch filters? Their budget filters do 400m3h according to them! 

Who is lying? What is the actual confirmed flow rate for a 5inch Prima Klima filter (200mm x 450mm)? 

My temps are only a problem between 6pm (lights on) and 9pm when it's cooler, so I don't need miracles, but when one shop states different to another which are both different to the manufacturers website there is a massive problem of confusion!

My grow shop stated that I cannot Y connect two RVK125 a1 fans (Max 440m3h) into one 5inch duct, but he did say that I could run a 6inch fan into 5 inch ducting via a reducer (airflow of 420m3h)?  I just don't get that?

Before anyone says change my lights on to 9pm, I had thought of it, but it would mean extreme late nights & as I have to get up at 6am for work I'd rather not go that way to be honest.

Afternoon mate,

I use one 6" acoustic fan in my attic to pull air through two tents, a 1.2sq and a 1.2x2.4.  Both have a 6" cf in the tent, then I run acoustic ducting up the attic, where I join them via a Y splitter into the fan's box.  Thing I found was to ensure air pressure is balanced when using a splt.  I originally had a 5" filter on my smaller tent ,and there was next to no air being pulled through as it was taking the easier pathway of the 6" duct.  So splitting air paths works fine, just ensure you maintain the same diameter across to balance the pathways. (I had to go and buy another filter & a second stack of ducting :( )  If in doubt, go large :D

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, unity said:

Afternoon mate,

I use one 6" acoustic fan in my attic to pull air through two tents, a 1.2sq and a 1.2x2.4.  Both have a 6" cf in the tent, then I run acoustic ducting up the attic, where I join them via a Y splitter into the fan's box.  Thing I found was to ensure air pressure is balanced when using a splt.  I originally had a 5" filter on my smaller tent ,and there was next to no air being pulled through as it was taking the easier pathway of the 6" duct.  So splitting air paths works fine, just ensure you maintain the same diameter across to balance the pathways. (I had to go and buy another filter & a second stack of ducting :( )  If in doubt, go large :D

Yes, that's what the grow shop has finally told me.  Although he told me to buy a balancing damper for £9 to equalize the pressure of different duct lengths.

I can understand this if you use one fan sucking through two pipes you'll need to balance them, but having two fans blowing down two into one duct should draw the air through the fans & push all air out of the one hole shouldn't it? 

1 person likes this

hmmm...I'd think so yes.  Essentially both would be working independently of each other, so should both work fine.  It'd be the same theory as a multi-cassette air conditioning setup, where multiple fans are pushing air towards a common exhaust?

I think the difference  between us is that I'm pulling air, whereas you are pushing.  Mine was affected by duct bandwidth, I don't see that your would be :)

1 person likes this