Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowStar

What E.C. at what stage of flowering?

25 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

Genuine question here about E.C. and how you feed your plants.   For me, I tent to go by eye as opposed to regimented weekly grow chart schedules. I just wanted to know with other people are doing with their feeds.

I've attached a bunch of images below. I took these off the internet, basic google search, so it's more about their size and development than anything strain particular.

So, I start my plants in flowering with an E.C. of 1.2 and I bring it up to 1.9 at most.  according to the images below, I would give the following bud development the corresponding E.C. feeding.  I would love to hear from others and see what you would do.  I grow in soil and use water with an E.C. of 0.0 (not RO or rainwater but a very clean water source!)

Thanks in advance!

1  -  1.2

2  -  1.3

3  -  1.3

4  -  1.4

5  -  1.5

6  -  1.5

7  -  1.6

8  -  1.7

9  -  1.8

10  -  1.9

11  -  1.9

12  -  1.9 or flush

large.A.jpg

large.B.jpg

large.C.jpg

large.D.jpg

large.E.jpg

large.F.jpg

large.H.jpg

large.I.jpg

large.J.jpg

10 large.L.jpg

11 large.M.jpg

12 large.N.jpg

1 person likes this

In soil i dont check water.

I just go n grow.

7 hours ago, GrowStar said:

So, I start my plants in flowering with an E.C. of 1.2 and I bring it up to 1.9 at most.  according to the images below, I would give the following bud development the corresponding E.C. feeding.  

What a load of fucking bollocks. :rofl:   

2 people like this

51 minutes ago, Saddam said:

@Saddam Don't be rude, you narcissist low life.  

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Saddam said:

You mean I don't do this?  Or that I shouldn't?  Or that you just feel like talking nonsense online?  Don't be so ambiguous :wanker:

Each individual gardener scenario's are different.I stay in the range of 0.8ec-1.2ec peak flower with added ecothrove charge in the medium(coco). Sativa leaning plants do not like a high ec, so its best just to keep an eye on the chlorophyll production in the leaves and the nitrogen shading changes. If the leaves are starting to go from dark green to blue and canoeing , this would alert you to have a high ec and lowering it. This why it acquires many runs to read a plant and perfect all the environmental and irrigation factors.It's basically getting to know your plant and reading its vigour and colouration.

Edited by GrowYaBoat

By week 7 on a nine week flowerer I'm back on the ec I was in the first week of flower

Plants dont take as much nutrient towards the end of flowering so it makes sense to me to reduce food not put more in. This is the way you get a cleaner burn not flushing the fuck out of it the last week

Owd

3 people like this

Float the e.c low and increase when the plants show and tell you they want more. Like cooking you can always add more ingredients but you can't take them back out again, you can flush for weeks and weeks and it won't save an over fed crop. 

I haven't gone over 1.2 - 1.4 ec peak flowering for ages! 

3 people like this

My younguns start on 0.7 background of 0.1 

higest ive been i think is 1.3 full flower 

tail it off towards the end couple of weeks 

2 hours ago, Owderb said:

By week 7 on a nine week flowerer I'm back on the ec I was in the first week of flower

Plants dont take as much nutrient towards the end of flowering so it makes sense to me to reduce food not put more in. This is the way you get a cleaner burn not flushing the fuck out of it the last week

Owd

I've found that feeding right to the very end is fine if you use organic nutes exclusively in the last 2 weeks or so. I think they get the biggest that way.  I use an organic base nute and then synthetic PK 13/14 so that keeps the salts down reducing the need to flush or the chance of lockout.  I'm really surprised at how low all these EC's are for people, I've only gotten better results with higher EC.s  

Strange world! Mind you, I mostly do 8-week indicas that pump on weight quick. Possibly that's where it all goes differently?

So if you use organic nutrients why use an ec meter and why use a chemical pk that will only kill some of the micro herd

Owd

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

So if you use organic nutrients why use an ec meter and why use a chemical pk that will only kill some of the micro herd

Owd

I use an EC meter to monitor the levels while my plants get bigger and I adjust the feeds accordingly.

I mix organic and synthetic to reduce the salts taken in by the plant/medium.  

As for the micro herd, I didn't take that into consideration, more just replacing the synthetic with the organic base nutrients. 

35 minutes ago, GrowStar said:

I mix organic and synthetic to reduce the salts taken in by the plant/medium.  

That just sounds mad to me. How can you measure ec correctly when using nutrients that dont show on an ec meter correctly(organic nutes)

Each to their own and all that but one or the other for me. 

Owd

Edited by Owderb
4 people like this

33 minutes ago, Owderb said:

... using nutrients that dont show on an ec meter correctly(organic nutes)

Owd

Not had that problem. I use Bio Bizz organic and it comes up on the EC no problem at the level expected (I.e. accurately representing its concentration in the solution).   So really its just a saltless nute that replaces a salted nute.  Reads fine on the EC.

What you interpret as accurate and what is is two different things in this scenario 

E2a

Growth technology says.....

EC does not measure any non-ionic components in the solution, and when using organic fertilisers, the solution strength will be higher than indicated by its EC, because most carbon-based compounds are not ionic and will not register on an EC meter.

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
4 people like this