Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
assault and battery

H&G soil nutrients. Mouldy

I’ve been using house & garden a + b for my girls and I’m happy enough with how it works, but... my bottle of A keeps going mouldy inside... it’s not from cross contamination as I’m really careful and I always add A first, it does seem to be something to do with the adhesive that’s used to stick the little white seal on the bottle as on the last one a bit of the seal fell in and within a couple of weeks there was thick green mould floating in the bottle, jamming up my pipette. I tried to be careful and remove the seal with a craft knife this time but now I’m nearing the end of the bottle I’ve got mould forming again but around the bottle top where the seal was and floating in the bottle. 

Bit fed up of it, would like to buy it in bigger bottles but not sure I want mouldy nutes sitting around that long.

i thought it might be my storing of them but they’re under the sink at the back in the dark. 

Its happening consistently enough that I think I need to change nutes again but I’m really happy with the h&g so not sure where I’d go next. Ionic maybe? 

I use biobizz mate, fishmix I have always used for veg, but switched to bb bloom last year and love the combination of the two.

you could just veg/flower with fishmix on it`s own with great results if you wanted. It`s awesome stuff ime

4 people like this

@ratdog

Ive still got a bottle of biobizz grow thats about 10 years old- it was gifted to me and shoved in a cupboard but I've been using on my veggies down the garden recently as i thought its best not just sat around any longer doing nowt.

I kind of gave up on the organic stuff as it seemed pointless at the time (cant even remember why i came to that conclusion now lol) but i might just give it a go. Im sat here reading nutrient reviews and have concluded, they all grow weed, some with nicer lables than the others.  

your plants do look bloody lovely though, hmmm. Biobizz it is then -  fuck it. Ill order it now. at least it shouldn't go mouldy, if it does... i know its something to do with me!

so fishmix and grow or just fishmix? do you use any PK? Ive got a bottle of bhuddas tree thats almost gone and not sure if I should bother replacing it or not. I have no idea if it does what it says on the tin, I was just glad nothing died when I initially introduced it...

I just use fishmix, no grow and I don`t use any other boosters as I reckon it`s mostly all snake oil

4 people like this

i expect you are right. Ill go for the fishmix and bloom then, Ill use up the rest of my bhuddas tree on the current grow then ditch it - its bloody expensive anyway, ooh think of the seeds I can buy with the savings! 

2 people like this

@assault and battery

are you sure its mould and not just fermenting mate? i was getting the same with the plant magic root stim when i used it and it was just fermentation that was happening, iv also heard of some other nutes that explode because of it if its left alone for to long....

1 person likes this

Fishmix here also, that combined with H&G Batmix soil I am seeing fantastic results.  I don't think anything additional is required : 

large.5b2f5bcb00e57_OldTimes1weekFlowering.JPG

3 people like this

@craigfjyp

definitely mould. Little green floating furry islands in it. There is some stringy stuff too. I decanted it earlier and fished the floaters out. I need a few more feeds out of it until the biobizz turns up but it doesn’t seem to worry the plants. 

@Inspiration101

they look bloody banging, I’m sold! 

Are you a hard or soft water grower? Do you use Calmag? I’m hard water but still use the cal mag because if I don’t it all goes tits up pretty quickly. 

1 person likes this