Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

16 posts in this topic

Heya uk420 just had a m8 give me some canna flush.afta reading about flushing on here. Im in 2 minds wether to use it or not wots peoples opinion on canna flush or flush solutions in General. Thanks any input appreciated 

@Stardowg Hi Mate. I use FloraKleen to flush along with PH plain water I'm in coco when using this, I use it once a month and feed/water in between. Cleans the medium of salts and a cleaner finish. Hope this helps. Just my experience:yep:

Heya @Dave 420 just was a freebi ofa m8 is flora clean better sloution than cann flush m8.ye im in coco2 buddy 

2 minutes ago, Dave 420 said:

@Stardowg Hi Mate. I use FloraKleen to flush along with PH plain water I'm in coco when using this, I use it once a month and feed/water in between. Cleans the medium of salts and a cleaner finish. Hope this helps. Just my experience:yep:

Im on start of 8th week now 

1 minute ago, Stardowg said:

Heya @Dave 420 just was a freebi ofa m8 is flora clean better sloution than cann flush m8.ye im in coco2 buddy 

I've Never used it mate so I don't know. I assume they are pretty much the same as doing the same job. You say you're at week 8 flower? you should be flushing with flushing agent or plain water PH it, you need to flush out all of the feed over a 1-2 week period. If it's an 8-week finish you should start flushing 1 or 2 weeks before the end of flowering. Get yourself a PH METER AND A EC PPM METER to see what your run:yep:

Mines a 10 weeka @Dave 420 hence y i asked about canna flush on 8th week today m8ty .sorry shuda mentioned this .yup i have a ec stick amd ph meter 

Do NOT ph the water you are using to flush at end of grow as you are putting phosperous in when you should be trying to get it out, hence flushing. I have grown many many years and never used a flushing agent, simple plain old tap water for last week to 10 days, simply give plain water not ph,d instead of a feed no need to pour gallons through a pot.

6 people like this

10 minutes ago, me n me girls said:

Do NOT ph the water you are using to flush at end of grow as you are putting phosperous in when you should be trying to get it out, hence flushing. I have grown many many years and never used a flushing agent, simple plain old tap water for last week to 10 days, simply give plain water not ph,d instead of a feed no need to pour gallons through a pot.

Each to there own I Ph some don't personal preference.  

@me n me girls i was just about to ask that question m8 if ya ph flush .i thought that not ph ing on flush was rite but ive spoke to people and they seem to ph it seems like we all split on decision

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I guess it depends how old people are and if they are listening to people same age, my first plant was 1984 see whereas most that will advise were not even thought of then lol. It,s you,re choice mate but what,s the point of trying to flush out food when you are pouring phospherous back in, it,s phospherous that is in your pk that you add. Good luck.

E2a I have assumed you are growing in coco.

Edited by me n me girls
E2a
3 people like this

6 minutes ago, me n me girls said:

I guess it depends how old people are and if they are listening to people same age, my first plant was 1984 see whereas most that will advise were not even thought of then lol. It,s you,re choice mate but what,s the point of trying to flush out food when you are pouring phospherous back in, it,s phospherous that is in your pk that you add. Good luck.

E2a I have assumed you are growing in coco.

Yes growing in coco buddy my local hydroponic shop in Cornwall says ph all time but im on your side my man 

I,m not taking any side or looking to get into an online argument (it ain,t Sunday), as I said it,s you,re choice and your weed that you need to smoke. I don,t even add pk in the grow at all so even less phospherous to remove from mine at the end. Keep it simple. 

2 people like this

I don’t ph when flushing,  ph down or up is definitely something I wouldn’t want in my smoke , 10 days of flush solution and then 3-4 days of water is what I do in coco.

some good reading on here about flushing if you have a dig around. In general a low ec feed towards the last few weeks is what’s needed and that’s exactly what a flushing solution is. 

1 person likes this

Ok thanks guys think al give the canna flush a miss al probs just leave it in my cupboard for now 

6 hours ago, me n me girls said:

Not using PH adjustment for flushing sort of depends on if you run RO or not. I do run RO and I do not need to use PH- which contains phosphoric acid except right at the start when setting up my tank, I only need to use PH+ which contains potassium hydroxide. As such, I PH balance my tank which contains a low strength nutrient solution to allow uptake of the micro nutrients and other elements which may be required to finish nicely. I also change from bloom to grow formulation to reduce the amount of phosphorous in the already weak solution. This allows my plants to continue metabolising and photosynthesising until the day of being cut, while not leaving anything in the plants which would cause a harsh smoke, like excess chlorophyll. My leaves are green (but not too green) the day of being cut.

I do not use any medium either so I have nothing that would require flushing anyway.

Personally in your situation, I would run plain water through your pots until your EC pen reads the water is the same coming out as it is going in. I would PH adjust that water as otherwise the nutrients locked into your coco will remain locked in as salts instead of being freed and flushed out. Once you have the same coming out as going in, I would then flush with plain tap water, not PH adjusted, to remove any remaining PH-.

Then, once I knew any locked in nutes were gone from the medium, I would continue to feed with a very low strength grow solution until cut time.