Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bearukc

Homemade Spidermite Treatment

19 posts in this topic

My spidermite problem persists despite the hoards of remedies I've tried. There's too many to list!! So I tried searching the web for a homemade remedy and came up with this one. There were a few other similar recipes but I tried this one.

1/2 cup of cider vinegar

1/4 cup baking soda

tablespoon of lemon juice

teaspoon of epsom salts

squirt of washing up liquid.

Mix vinegar and baking soda in a 2 ltr bottle and let it fizz out. Add the other ingredients and top the bottle up with water.

Drench the plants with a good sprayer, making sure to get under the leaves. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with clean water. Let them dry before putting under lights.

I've just treated 3 GSCs and 4 GG4s so I'll have a good look tomorrow and see if it's killed the buggers. I's been a right faff pulling them out of the loft and treating them in the bathroom. I'd recommend doing it outdoor, if you can. This spray will treat most other bugs as well.

1 person likes this

hi mate. when its spider mites the harkers has to come out im afraid or chuck them out. :wallbash:

lost loads to them before i tried the harkers, theres the one made for pidgeon treatment called harkers harka-mectin with a pidgeon on the bottle, make sure its the spot on endectocide in a 5ml bottle. as theres other ones in the same looking box/ bottle. 

then there is one thats made for cattle, used on cows. that is allot cheaper too, but i forget the name of it now, but thats the one for best value for money. but i forget the blooming name now. lol ive only ever used the harka mectin tho, 2 sprays a couple of days apart nukes every mite in the place. plus it kills any mites that run away and come back, as it sinks into the plant and then as they feed on the leafs they get killed. 

you probly know about harkers, but just in case mate. as there barstards them things are to kill. 

hope your mix kills them all, but im sure some will remain alive. :unsure:

2 people like this

Surprised the homemade concoction doesn't include garlic. I always reached for Scott's Bug Clear, nothing else worked 100% of the time, never tried Harpers tho...

You need to spray the room too, not just the plants, soak everything! 

I’ve been using neem oil for an infestation of scale on a small yew hedge I have. Have you tried it on the Borg?

PYRETHRUM 5EC  just my two pence worth well it worked for me when others failed 

2 people like this

Well, it works a treat!!

Honestly guys, my spidermites have been resistant to virtually everything including Harkers, Abermectin, Plant Vitality, Avid, SMC, SBPi and on and on. So far this cheap wash seems to have cleared them for now. I've not seen a mite since treatment. As well as the GG4s and GSCs I treated a tray of clones and 4 Disco Biccies. Not a sign of a mite on them. 

It's a cheap and effective remedy although the 'wash on/wash off routine' makes it difficult for some.

1 person likes this

whats a cup please mate ?

2 minutes ago, catfish said:

It's a standard sized tea cup, as you would have with a cup and saucer as opposed to a mug.

Full to the top about 250m but with normal fill, which is a bit below the rim, is more like 150m........:yep:

(I was gonna say its something you drink out of and usually made of china, bone china if you're posh......but you might think I was being sarky........:rofl:)

;)

1 person likes this

cheers @stu914 so its from 250ml 50 150ml then ???/?er..............what ?

43 minutes ago, catfish said:

cheers @stu914 so its from 250ml 50 150ml then ???/?er..............what ?

Eh?.....and you think you're confused.....?.....:headpain:

250ml and the cup is full to the brim, can't pick it up........

150ml is about 1 or 2 cm below the rim, can pick it up.......

:rofl:

1 person likes this

The idea of using cups as a unit is to get the ratios right. Ie, one cup of this and one cup of that in ten cups of water. ;)

Don't forget to spray again in 7 days incase 100% of the eggs wern't killed. 

2 people like this

@catfish @stu914 @Muppet

1 US cup is 236.6ml but as Muppet said, it is the proportions rather than the quantity that matters.

Bio

:)

1 person likes this

cheers @Biokid

@stu914 i aint got a fucking clue bruv.

1 person likes this

On 6/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, bearukc said:

My spidermite problem persists despite the hoards of remedies I've tried. There's too many to list!! So I tried searching the web for a homemade remedy and came up with this one. There were a few other similar recipes but I tried this one.

1/2 cup of cider vinegar

1/4 cup baking soda

tablespoon of lemon juice

teaspoon of epsom salts

squirt of washing up liquid.

I uses this mix on my last grow few years back and this worked a treat. Thing was tho I forgot to rinse of and killed most of plant leafs  a week or 2 befor switch. That being said tho they all recovered well and produced gpw on that grow lol

Glad to hear you got it sorted mate. Thank you for reminding me about the wash off afterwards. 

Perk

2 people like this

17 hours ago, catfish said:

I used 200ml as a measure of 'a cup'.:)

1 person likes this