Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greeno67

Equipment still needed to get growing

I'm in the middle of buying all of the stuff i will need to get my first grow started, what i need some help with is equipment needed. 

Ive already got the following..

600w dimmable ballast          4x 3ltr fabric pots

600w super HPS bulb            4x 7.5ltr fabric pots

100x50x200cm tent              biobizz nutes (grow, bloom & top max)

hygrometer/thermometer      biobizz light mix soil

ph tester

biobizz allmix soil

Equipment needed..

extraction fan phresh stealth fan (6 or 8" not sure yet)        2x small fans for air circulation 

carboair filter                                                                  250w bulb dual spec

lumii 2 way contactor                                                       400w bulb  

Am i missing anything from my lists above? 

A 600w will be too much for your space

Forget the topmax

If using organic nutrients forget the ph tester

Get yourself some 11ltr pots

You'll also need some sort of heater for when lights are out

A little pot of epsom salts

Owd

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

I guess you already know 600w is too much if you already have one and are asking about smaller lights. Imho you'd be better off with two lights instead of one in that tent. 2 x 150w hps maybe? It will give better light spread than just one and I think 300w is about right for that space.

Will you have the filter in the tent? The height is 2m so I'd expect a lot of head room left as you won't be able to have that much of a tall canopy in there. Guess it could still fit in there?

Edited by Conspiranought

4 minutes ago, Conspiranought said:

I guess you already know 600w is too much mate if you already have one and are asking about smaller lights. Imho you'd be better off with two lights instead of one in that tent. 2 x 150w hps maybe?

I was thinking about two lights because of the length and depth of the tent being quite a narrow tent, thought the one 600w that could be lowered to 400w or 250w if it got too hot would do, wasn't too sure if that was a bit overkill tbh but i know now haha 

Do you think the 6" fan would be alright in that size of tent aswell?

cheers for the help @Owderb @Conspiranought

1 person likes this

6" would be fine even on a controller turned down. Even 5" would be fine.

1 person likes this

Might be an idea to get a tent at least 1m2 for the 600w bulb, and use the smaller tent for plants in vegetative growth. 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

I guess you already know 600w is too much if you already have one and are asking about smaller lights. Imho you'd be better off with two lights instead of one in that tent. 2 x 150w hps maybe? It will give better light spread than just one and I think 300w is about right for that space.

Will you have the filter in the tent? The height is 2m so I'd expect a lot of head room left as you won't be able to have that much of a tall canopy in there. Guess it could still fit in there?

Aye mate, planned on putting the filter directly on to the fan in the tent, that’s why i wanted a taller tent so i would still have space to bring the light up if needed. I want as little duckting as possible to cut down on the chance of any air leaks and to make sure the fan and filter run as efficiently as possible. 

7 hours ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Might be an idea to get a tent at least 1m2 for the 600w bulb, and use the smaller tent for plants in vegetative growth. 

Im limited space wise man, the tent is going to be in my bedroom and there is not much space to work with. Thinking the two smaller lights will be the better option now. 

1 person likes this

@Greeno67 i would stick to one bulb mate. A 400w hps will do wonders in that size tent. Get a few grows under ur belt and you will be producing more bud than u can smoke outa that setup!

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

@Greeno67 i would stick to one bulb mate. A 400w hps will do wonders in that size tent. Get a few grows under ur belt and you will be producing more bud than u can smoke outa that setup!

Atb

JJ

Thats what i like to hear :yep: Do you think i will be good to put the seeds straight in the 3.5ltr pots with the light mix to start with, move to 7.5ltr then on to 11ltr pots as final pots?

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Greeno67 said:

Thats what i like to hear :yep: Do you think i will be good to put the seeds straight in the 3.5ltr pots with the light mix to start with, move to 7.5ltr then on to 11ltr pots as final pots?

I start my seeds off in 0.5l starter pots. I used to use jiffys but started to hate them. 3.5l for the first pot will make it hard to keep a wet dry cycle.. I personally do 0.5l/1l/3.5l/7.5l/13+

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

I think a 400w will be too much & a 250w would be more suitable, especially when the tent measures 100cm x 50cm x 200cm.

1 person likes this

Yeah I was thinking the same that 400w be a bit too much. If using one light I would go with a 250w, it would be cheaper to buy than 2 x 150w ones as well. Personally I would have 2 x 150w but that's just me. I wouldn't really like to work with a tent like that tbh, but needs must if you need it to fit specifically in a certain place, like I have to with a dp90.

Posted (edited)

the dimensions got me thinking that its more shaped as a vegging tent unless your using a 250w or 315CMH.

funny you mentioning the DP90 @Conspiranought 

I got one years ago & only recently decided to use it as a temporary drying chamber & give me an active intake going into a dr120,

got it standing on one side with the bottom vent cover off & I made a base with a bit of old ply & cut a hole out to match the vent 

then added two lengths of 3x2 to act as feet, works a treat.

Edited by Joint hogger

That's about the same size as my first space. Lighting was a 400w and extraction was a 4" Chaysol L1 fan with 4" filter (don't remember the the brand but there wasn't much choice at the time.)