Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KarlPilkington1

All the gear, no idea

51 posts in this topic

I cant help feeling this is a good idea.......you can always close it off if it not needed.....fresh air in the space is going to be important.

I can help you with the basics.....these guys are masters.

I would take @Owderb advice bro and set it up....get it running.....see what problems you have to deal with before you even think of starting.

:yep:

2 people like this

Wow, lovely looking space you got there man!

I'm just finishing up an attic build and like yourself only have the door to go, ran out of timber by the time I got to the door itself so tried knocking one up out of plasterboard which didn't go too well so everything's on hold now until that's sorted lol  I've been constantly thinking about the extraction though and wondering if it will be enough given that it's a sealed room (or will be anyway). I've currently got an 8" out 5" in which I'll be throwing straight in there (2.5x2x1.7m) and already I'm worried about the intake not being big enough. Personally I think an active intake is the way to go with rooms like these solely because it gives you that bit more control over the environment, but as others have said the only way to know really is to try it out first, and remember that temps will go up once the room is full of plants too.

Good luck with the rest of the build, can't wait to see how you get on :)

:yinyang:

3 people like this

Really appreciate the help @zen-ken once I get back from my jollies I’ll set it all up finally and maybe tag you in it. Eventually get a diary set up cos I’ve not got a clue

Would love to see some pics @Fry of your loft :yep:

cheers @Dave 420

3 people like this

@KarlPilkington1 Good luck with it mate looking sound up there. I will be following this to see how you get on. Plenty of good people on here to help you if need be. All the best for the future grows.     :yep::skin_up:

1 person likes this

That's a great space, having a good loft is very handy and looks like you've done a pro job boarding and insulating it all out, I'm currently sorting my loft out too but it doesn't look half as good as yours.

Black-Beard

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Black-Beard said:

That's a great space, having a good loft is very handy and looks like you've done a pro job boarding and insulating it all out, I'm currently sorting my loft out too but it doesn't look half as good as yours.

Black-Beard

Cheers pal @Black-Beard I’m lucky in that it’s my job. This was the easy bit to me. It’s the next stage where I haven’t got a clue haha Just fitted the door frame which was a bit of a ball ache after watching the match and a few cans

2 people like this

large.8929E9C5-EA25-49BC-8DF2-3B043DB63A68.jpeg

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

So, I’m back off my Jollies. Spent the day settzing the tent up. It’s pretty hot up there even now. I’ve turned the two cmh lights on for their first 10 hours as it says. Just want to get an idea of temp, humidity and stuff as told by @OwderbHere’s a few pics @zen-ken

Edited by KarlPilkington1
1 person likes this

large.05D51701-4AC5-4F8C-827E-3E027CF3B8D8.jpegfitted a Lino floor early this morning just to cover the chipboard floor. Better for splashes as well

4 people like this

large.C501567D-FF2E-4B15-BB5B-A507E421B66E.jpeglarge.03AE687A-BE96-46FE-85CC-7C5ADCCCE165.jpeggot myself a green power t4 contactor relay for the lights and I set the GHC pro grow controller up

6 people like this

large.AF86C972-EDE5-49D5-973B-49148EFE60F1.jpeglarge.46DA13E2-8BFB-41A3-BB10-486F9DA2EEC9.jpeg

Thats the reading from about an hour ago. It’s as hot as Mallorca in there and the humidity is only 28%.

Can’t turn the lights off either as I’ve gotta keep them on for 10hours.

Really think I need an intake fan pulling from the landing downstairs?  

My URGOG seeds arrived while I was away as well. Disco biscuits. Think I need to sort the room out before I attempt my first grow

4 people like this

A 6" pulling through should do fine, although a remote intake would be useful thus weather, but bear in mind it's pullin' heat out of your house in the winter. :/

1 person likes this

Cheers @Muppet I could just use a passive intake in the winter if a fit an intake fan. This weathers a bit mad anyway. Just itching to get started. Gotta be the first time ever Ive wanted the sun to fuck off back to Spain haha

1 person likes this

Looks pukka :yep: