Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Reflektor

Nearly ready to flush? Think Different 1st time grow

53 posts in this topic

Day 93, I think I’ve been patient enough... these girls are destined to come down within next 48hrs.

Have been really struggling to keep canopy temps down in the greenhouse - most days I’m registering 40-41c, far from ideal. As such I’m getting some crazy new foxtail growth, which I fear will only get worse on the other plants if I risk leaving them much longer in this weather.

They have been getting phed water only for last 9 days, surprisingly little leaf browning so I reckon good to go for a day or two further at which point I’ve sourced a grow tent that I’m going to dry them in..

Always nice to see your top heavy plants leaning to one size with sheer cola weight.. :)

large.9648B2F7-F22A-462B-A075-BFD00F0D632F.jpeg

I also have some lovely smaller buds on the lowest braches, something I wasn’t expecting a couple weeks ago:

large.54610882-1FBB-46E8-ADFD-14C3E811035A.jpeglarge.29FE6761-95A4-45AC-822E-3385BE99BD1C.jpeg

And a nice chunky main cola, exploding with foxtailed pistils. 

Is it ok to harvest these whilst newest pistils are still so fresh?

large.87CB40CD-3C04-4B9C-ADE7-11D949E31E8D.jpeg

4 people like this

In other news, my runty Mazar has given me 9.5g of the fluffiest, wispiest bud. But it’s MY bud. And I love it. 

large.F2B2D518-C080-4149-B913-A5D031C0C94A.jpeg

5 people like this

On 7/17/2018 at 10:20 PM, Reflektor said:

Always nice to see your top heavy plants leaning to one size with sheer cola weight.. :)

It has to be one of the best sights of growing, maybe after seeing the seedling sprout.

I also have some lovely smaller buds on the lowest braches, something I wasn’t expecting a couple weeks ago:

Bonus!! I always cut those and add to my trimmings to make a butter with. 

And a nice chunky main cola, exploding with foxtailed pistils.

Can't dodge it imo when growing outside and getting severe heat.

Is it ok to harvest these whilst newest pistils are still so fresh? 

I did myself, and knew I was a bit early too, had some signs of more aphids coming in and needed to dodge the disaster. It smoked great and is also Sativa dom so played to the strain well. 

Over all a pre congrats. My tip for harvesting... Do a heavy prune before they go upside down. If there is anything you can do to shorten the hand cramp from trimming all at once, do it! :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So they came down on day 98. Actually feel a bit bad for not taking them to a round 100.. (most of them, I left the last runt to grow out in the greenhouse just for kicks)

Treated myself to one one of the discounted L140 Qubes and I must say, it appears to be an stonking deal for the quality on offer. Ive now set up the filter and dehumidifier in the tent and it’s been at a rock stable 54/55% humidity for last couple of days, I’m really pleased with the environment inside, both when growing under light and drying (I gave them 24hrs under LED before the chop just so I could monitor conditions before the next planned grow). 

Took me an age to trim as per Fishberns advice, but glad that they’ll only need a slight tidy up when they are ready for bagging.

large.D254B5CC-B48E-4DB0-825A-6BA9D991DC0C.jpeg

Peering through the window flap like a kid spying his pressies at Xmas..

large.0642C9E1-F98B-4790-9C6C-B1A26962C830.jpeg

And after a couple days drying, lovely scent and delighted to see the buds glistening under light.

large.9FF6BD9E-5959-4220-983B-2FDF31863C1E.jpeg

I still can’t believe that in the space of 3 months I’ve gone from pipedreams to this.. It’s been a steep learning curve and I’ve not had a day off, but I’ve savoured it, and the best is yet to come! 

Utterly rewarding experience (I do hope the smoke is good!), I’m not a holy man, but I’m praying for an end to the frankly ridiculous prohibition situation in the UK!

Edited by Reflektor
4 people like this

Fantastic, I love to see moments like this when there's a successful harvest, especially a first one. The new setup looks great, good luck with it.

2 people like this

140g dry from 4x plants. 

I think that's a reasonable result for first time outdoor grow, smells great too. It's holding 55% RH in the jars so I may have taken it a wee bit past optimum dry but hoping the cure will balance it out.

1 person likes this

Encore! I'll be around for the next one, well done. :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Final word on this grow - the last plant to dry (the runt) has provided 17g of decent bud and 3g of popcorn, so a lovely additional 20g to round things off.

Not bad for a runt. Based on this outdoor grow my future aim is for an Oz per plant as a minimum, which all things considered, makes for blinding value.

I have a couple of pics to add on the final trim but I was too stoned on my own supply last night to get the upload worked out :)

Fringe benefits.

Thanks for following, I'll post up a Fastberry diary soon as the purple coming through on those buds is leaving me with a perma-grin 

2 people like this