Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FARMER G

World Cup Russia 2018

364 posts in this topic

Belgium look really strong.....decisive display from them this afternoon.....they could win this I reckon 

5 people like this

A few teams looking good.  I fully expect Germany to finally show what they're made of later, and I'm looking forward to that one.

1 person likes this

Come on Sweden.

Good goal, could be 2 up, definite penalty not given.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Come on Sweden.

Good goal, could be 2 up, definite penalty not given.

absolutely, should have been a pen for sure. I'm so glad I stayed up for this.... it's 4.40am!!! 

1 person likes this

Ive got to say the refereeing has been atrocious. The pinnacle of football and no yellow cards for diving, deliberate handball, players touching the ref, shouting in their faces etc etc

What message does it put across. They should have set a precedent from the start and stuck to the fuckin rules

Neymar was like a petulant kid and got away with it all. If that had been in the prem he'd have been off in the first half

Pathetic

Owd

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

:doh:

Sweden will be kicking themselves.

They should be kicking the idiot that gave away the foul :headpain:

If I were a betting man (which I'm not) I'd be putting money on Germany to go on and win the whole thing now.

Edited by Boojum
4 people like this

Is Boateng suspended for a single game? That would probably be OK for them.  I really like Timo Werner's threat, and Julian Brandt's crazy attempts at goal of the WC.  Unlucky Sweden.

2 people like this

I think Boateng being suspended does Germany a huge favour, he's been a liability in the two games so far.

4 people like this

The Word Cup has exceeded my expectations so far , no 0-0 draws and some really good games

Never count Germany out , I don't know how they do it but they always seem to find a way to win

6 people like this

@Degsy - Agreed mate the matches and highlights ive been able to catch up on have been good, plenty of great goals scored its worth noting too :) 

I always say Germany are a tournament team...like the Italians are (if they qualified this time but lets face it they always do before hand) they start off mediocre and get stronger and stronger through out the tournament...i wouldn't write them off yet !

Farmer 

2 people like this

Incredible ending! The competition is heating up!

2 people like this

if Belgium keep playing how they are they'll go far. if they click as a team they'll win it.

2 people like this

I think Belgium have the best squad in the tournament, and yesterday they looked like a team rather than the bunch of talented individuals that they have previously. If they play to their ability I can see them winning, but I'm still not sure about Martinez's management (playing De Bruyne so deep is shackling one of the best attacking players in the world). Still, after Germany pulling their nuts out of the fire yesterday I can't help feeling that the tournament is theirs, it's just got that feeling to me.

2 people like this

would make a good final Germany v Belgium :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just hope we don't drop a bollock today against Panama, I wouldn't feel at all confident if we had to get something in the final group game against Belgium (especially if they continue improving) :fear:

E2A Fecking Sunday opening hours, gotta wait until 11 before I can go and get cider :frown:lol I'll have to neck a few quickly so I'm suitably lubricated for the 1:00 kick off lol

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this