Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

UnderMirkwood

EC and TDS

I am about to start a my first hydro grow and I have everything ready to go but I just have one question...Which system do I use to convert EC to TDS? Do I multiply the EC by 5 or 7 to get the TDS? I have the GHE Flora 3 part nutrient and their feeding chart is for TDS so just want to clarify which scale I should use. The EC straight from the tap is 0.0 btw.

google image search "ec to ppm chart" but as a rule for every 50ppm TDS that equals 0.1 ec

1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply Golden Syrup, I have downloaded a conversion chart but it gives two different readings. The table has 5 columns, the first is mS/cm2 (Millisemen per cm2), the second is EC, the third is CF, the 4th is PPM 500 TDS, and the last is 700 PPM TDS.

So what I meant by my original question was do I use the 500 PPM Column or the 700 PPM Column? As an example; an EC reading of 0.5 could be interpreted in two different ways depending which column I look at, the 500 PPM Column gives a TDS of 250, while the 700 PPM Column gives a TDS of 350.

To confuse matters further, the GHE Feeding Schedule I downloaded states that in order to find the PPM value I should multiply the EC by 1000 then divide by 2.

1 hour ago, UnderMirkwood said:

To confuse matters further, the GHE Feeding Schedule I downloaded states that in order to find the PPM value I should multiply the EC by 1000 then divide by 2.

That is 500 scale, EC: 1.0 * 1000 / 2 is 500 ;)

2 people like this

Cheers Dude, muchly appreciated 

Mostly people use the 500 scale. Some devices use 540, some 700 but if it is not stated, it is usually safe to assume people are using the 500 scale.

1 person likes this