Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

redbeard

Brighton) Nice try': Council hits out at fake 'cannabis zone' signs

Fake signs have popped up around Brighton and Hove falsely claiming certain areas are 'designated cannabis zones'. Brighton and Hove City Council posted an image of one of the posters on its social media sites, and said the signs are fake.

Fake sign: 'Designated Cannabis Zone'

BrightonHoveCouncil ✔ @BrightonHoveCC Nice try! We've spotted these fake signs across the city. @Sussex_Police are currently taking them down. If you see one, let them know. If you are affected in any way by substance misuse check out this informative @safeinthecity page at http://ow.ly/xWea30ksylW 2:03 PM - Jun 12, 2018 20 44 people are talking about this

A council spokesperson said: “These fake signs are running on social media and have been spotted across the city in areas like The Level. It’s a nice try by someone, but no one should be fooled. The police are in the process of taking them down, and if you see one please let them know. “Anyone affected by substance misuse should contact www.safeinthecity.info for help and advice or contact a reputable drugs counselling group.” 

Read more at: https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/news/nice-try-council-hits-out-at-fake-cannabis-zone-signs-1-8531181

5 people like this

@Boojum    You responsible for these ? Keep up the good work! 

1 person likes this

Could be the same bunch that fed the homeless on Christmas day and hung out free scarves in the winter.

Nice to see a bit of activity.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

@Boojum    You responsible for these ? Keep up the good work! 

lol Not me, but I wish it was lol

26 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Could be the same bunch that fed the homeless on Christmas day and hung out free scarves in the winter.

Nice to see a bit of activity.

Could be. I love Brighton - there are a lot of people who just talk the talk, I guess what is called 'virtue signaling' - something I've been accused of on the boards by people who clearly don't get me at all, I hate that shit, if I say something I fucking mean it, I don't say things to make people think better of me - shit, have you read the arse gravy I post ? lol (a mate of mine calls Brighton Be Right On  lol and that does sum up some people I know here), but there's more genuine political awareness and activity here than anywhere else I've ever lived :) Especially where I live, east Brighton. It's a good place :) (which is why I chose to live here, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else now :) ).

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You sure its not those Roedean girls? 

sorry, best quality I could find!

Edited by monkeypig

lol I had a smoke with some folks from UK420 years ago, they drove down and we sat off in the car having a spliff in this little layby, on the cliffs watching the sea. After a few spliffs we realised it was kinda the service road to Roedean, and there was a bin bag in the layby open at the top, inside was a massive root ball, twigs and trim from a grow :D Made all of us chuckle, the poshest school in the country (after Eton) with evidence of pot growing on the doorstep :)

2 people like this

It's a great place @Boojum

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Boojum said:

lol I had a smoke with some folks from UK420 years ago, they drove down and we sat off in the car having a spliff in this little layby, on the cliffs watching the sea. After a few spliffs we realised it was kinda the service road to Roedean, and there was a bin bag in the layby open at the top, inside was a massive root ball, twigs and trim from a grow :D Made all of us chuckle, the poshest school in the country (after Eton) with evidence of pot growing on the doorstep :)

Funny you say that i live in a quite posh area of surrey, prep school round the corner type place surrounded by woodlands and every morning when i walk the dogs it always stinks of the good stuff on the walking trails, even walked past some old fella who i suspect was chonging on a fat joint as when i walked past the smell was strong lol somewhat i think more people in the uk smoke weed than is actually let on

1 hour ago, limeyLimey said:

Funny you say that i live in a quite posh area of surrey, prep school round the corner type place surrounded by woodlands and every morning when i walk the dogs it always stinks of the good stuff on the walking trails, even walked past some old fella who i suspect was chonging on a fat joint as when i walked past the smell was strong lol somewhat i think more people in the uk smoke weed than is actually let on

On the rare occasions that I go out and walk around the urban areas here (I don't go out much, and when I do I generally head off up onto the Downs, to be alone, I don't like being around people) I always get a faint smell of herb on the air - sometimes it's someone smoking, sometimes it's a grow (idiots should get a decent filter), it's everywhere nowadays. Though I confess, a few days ago I ventured out shopping, came back and there was some little scrote standing outside where I live smoking a spliff, could smell it from the end of the road (smelled like nasty dealer weed). Told him to fuck off and smoke it somewhere else. Probably bad of me, but when I've got a tent full of plants I don't want some little shit smoking weed outside the house. Go smoke outside your own house, you dick, don't be bringing attention to where I live.

2 people like this

19 hours ago, redbeard said:

The police are in the process of taking them down

They should have been put on private property.