Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iGrow420710

Biobizz Nutrient question..

First time looking to grow in biobizz soil with biobizz nutes and was wondering if I use the full line of biobizz nutes will i still need to use such things as; Palm Tree Ashes, Bat guano, Eco Charge, Eco Biosys, Great White, PK Booster, Enzyme or anything other beneficial bacteria?

all you will need is fishmix and bloom mate, all the other crap isn't needed....

1 person likes this

I use biobizz & i use with great results      Grow/ fishmix / bloom & Alg a mic....  You can add some guano & even topdress to the soil to improve Taste... If your using lightmix for young plants & allmix for mature plants ....when your around 4-5wks in flower you will need to add some Epsom Salts dissolved in hot water & mixed with the feed.. to help prevent early yellowing of leaves due to allmix being a bit light on magnesium...!

Posted (edited)

*Don't* add guano, it won't do anything to the taste and will make the compost too hot.  Nor do you need to add Epsom salts unless you have a confirmed case of Magnesium deficiency, which is actually very rare.  Yellowing of the leaves is not usually caused by Mg def, most of the time it's N def.  There are lots of myths kicking around about cannabis growing and unfortunately you seem to have absorbed several of the most common ones.

You can use Fish Mix instead of Grow, not as well, but you don't actually need either unless you are growing in a light mix, because the compost should have enough grow nutrients in it already. Algamic is mainly used to separate you from your money.  As others have said, you don't need any of the additives which the fert manufacturers want to sell you at vast expense.  The only fertiliser you need is the Bloom, which you start to add once the plants go into flower, and actually tomato feretiliser works just as well, and is cheaper.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people pay for imported Biobizz compost instead of buying cheap multipurpose compost from the garden centre.  It's your money, but cannabis is actually pretty easy to grow and doesn't require special compost or nutes at all, the only thing that makes it difficult is growing it stealthily indoors, and special composts don't help with that.

Edited by squirrel
3 people like this

I thought you was suppose to use biobizz grow and bloom together or has that changed now?  It’s been a long time since I used them,but you always had to mix both.

i prefer paying more for compost as I don’t like the extra chances of getting pests from the badly stored garden centre compost.

each on their own though and all the best to whatever compost or nutes everyone chooses.

1 person likes this

Yes, you still  use grow and bloom through flower with bio bizz..

I think squirrel  has been at the nut stash this morning.. lol

2 people like this

7 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

Yes, you still  use grow and bloom through flower with bio bizz..

you can swap the grow for fishmix, i think the fishmix is better than grow but that's just a personal opinion though...

Fishmix has a slightly higher N but lower P , it takes up the N faster with fish but I would settle on one or the other through out and not flip as this has caused mg imbalances . Keep it simple 

Grow is a molasses base fyi

:yinyang:

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, craigfjyp said:

you can swap the grow for fishmix, i think the fishmix is better than grow but that's just a personal opinion though...

Yep, that's what I do.

As a matter of fact I've done many grows with just fish mix.. 

Just didn't want to confuse matters anymore for the op.. lol

Edited by HazyDaze
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you look at Biobizz's full feed chart, they want you to buy about six different things from them, and use all of them religiously.

I agree that Biobizz Fish Mix is better than their Grow, it's the only Biobizz nutrient I still use.  I don't use it often though, just occasionally if a plant looks a bit under-nourished, it's a great pick-me-up.  But I don't buy a lot of it, the small bottle I just finished lasted about five years.

If you do a bunch of grows and try out different things, you will find that there is nothing magical about canna ferts except their ability to make colossal amounts of money for the people that make them.  They get away with it because we are all stoners, and doing it in secret.  You won't find any other plant that requires six or more different fertilisers, all at once.  If you experiment, you will find that the only thing you need to add in a normal compost grow is some tomato fertiliser during flower, or if sir would like to pay triple we will call it Super Cannabis Bloom With Special Added Micronutrients.:blow:

Edited by squirrel
1 person likes this

all you need is fish mix for veg, and bloom, and a little f/mix in flower. i have just done a grow using just fish mix in flower and got a good basket of buds, here is a pic below of some. em dog and lemon zkittles fed on just fish mix in flower. as you can see big buds in soil 11 liter pots, under a 600w hps in a dr120 tent. :punk:

large.IMG_1091.JPGlarge.IMG_1114.JPGlarge.IMG_1102.JPG

They would have turned out even better if you had fed them properly.  Fish Mix is a replacement for Grow, not Bloom, it has too much N and not enough P and K to use as a Bloom nutrient.  That's why they are so yellow.  As you have discovered, it is possible to get right through a whole grow using entirely the wrong nutrient, or even none at all, if your compost is good.  I once grew out a couple of autos and fed them nothing but water as an experiment.  They finished ok, but they looked rather like yours, yellow and pale green, and the buds were loose and open rather than tight and lush. They smoked OK though.  (Your buds look tighter, but that's because there is some of the food they need in Fish Mix, just not enough.)