Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

platinumbud

New to LED lighting tips on the lack of temperatures

37 posts in this topic
17 minutes ago, platinumbud said:

Yes mate I bought 1 260w kit and 2 extra v2 boards and a driver and 50cm x 30cm x 8mm aluminium plate they are hlg ones 

Great choice and Some great advise to lead you that way.

Tag me in ur next diary id like to follow along and See the Hlgs :)

Atb

JJ

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, kushedy said:

Yeah, I run tube heaters in my grows quite a lot which does cost. By my rough calculations its still cheaper to run than hps but it is a pain keeping the temps up.

Its not so bad at this time of year but come winter I have heating on at lights on all the way through till lights off.

In my experience though its worth it. The ladies are happier at the higher temps.

If this is the case i would reccomend a oil rad buddy. I swapped my tube heaters out last year and it was best thing i ever did.. Especially for the winter :D

Atb

JJ

Edited by JamJar

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Atb

JJ

Yes I might have to do a diary I normally do quite well per plant but o have never done a diary yet. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

If this is the case i would reccomend a oil rad buddy. I swapped my tube heaters out last year and it was best thing i ever did.. Especially for the winter :D

Atb

JJ

If it’s cold or people are suffering cal mag wouldn’t it be worth adding a cmh or hps in the middle? Rather than a oil radiator? I hate putting oil radiators on if you have spare lights for similar watts? Yes it’s not pure led but only a winter situation if you bring in much outside air ? 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

Not sure about all LEDs but my LEDs give minimal stretch when flowering..

Oh and buy some shades lol my eyes are screwed from my Leds and ive Only been using them a year.

Really? lol

Spot on! 

Atb

JJ

In my experience, yes. 27/29 is what I aim at, that’s on the high side for car park lamps. 

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

Atb

JJ

Tag me into your diary as well please mate, I'm saving to get a set of led's made up, I'd love to see them in action as well

2 people like this

1 hour ago, platinumbud said:

If it’s cold or people are suffering cal mag wouldn’t it be worth adding a cmh or hps in the middle? Rather than a oil radiator? I hate putting oil radiators on if you have spare lights for similar watts? Yes it’s not pure led but only a winter situation if you bring in much outside air ? 

Can do suppose.. Tbh my heater just stays on with the thermostat set to a min and max.. Its hardly ever on amd my electric bills have gone down quite abit compared to when i used tube heaters.

:)

1 person likes this

I just think in winter I’d have a problem with pure led due to having 720 fresh air in, it was friggin freezing with 2 cmh and 600 hps and fluorescent x 2 125 red oil radiator on the night period, temp occasionally went to 13.5 sleep time and worst day temp was 16 lights on 

25 minutes ago, platinumbud said:

I just think in winter I’d have a problem with pure led due to having 720 fresh air in, it was friggin freezing with 2 cmh and 600 hps and fluorescent x 2 125 red oil radiator on the night period, temp occasionally went to 13.5 sleep time and worst day temp was 16 lights on 

Wheres your tent in the garden?!? lol mines in a shed and during winter outside temps were at -7 at one point but still managed to keep stable temps with my 300w led setup. 2000w oil rad on  termostat. Mine is in my veg box where my inlet for my flower room is.

I just remembered i have a electric blanket in my flower room also which is switched on during the winter to keep root temps stable.

Enjoy the summer!! 

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Wheres your tent in the garden?!? lol mines in a shed and during winter outside temps were at -7 at one point but still managed to keep stable temps with my 300w led setup. 2000w oil rad on  termostat. Mine is in my veg box where my inlet for my flower room is.

I just remembered i have a electric blanket in my flower room also which is switched on during the winter to keep root temps stable.

Enjoy the summer!! 

Atb

JJ

No I have had a tent inside but the intake is pure fresh outside air in at 720, the new setup is 1.5 x 1 x 2.5 height but same intake pipe 

1 person likes this

If it was me id build a small box inbetween the tent and outside to put a small rad in. Worked really welll for me and havent had temp issues since. 

U got plenty of time to come up with a plan as its going to be a nice summer :)

Hope u get things sorted :D

Atb

JJ

Are people turning extraction down or off when running heaters?

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Periodic said:

Are people turning extraction down or off when running heaters?

I dont touch mine.. But Some people do.. Sms controllers do that i think

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

Just now, JamJar said:

I dont touch mine.. But Some people do.. Sms controllers do that i think

Atb

JJ

My next buy will be the Mk2 Phresh controller,

but  my `drobe gets cool enough lights out that I got

bud rot/ mildew on the last crop,caught it on it's first bud,pure luck.

Going to try a couple of tubes,but not confident.

Maybe an idea to run the soil cable full whack,and raise the plants?

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Periodic said:

My next buy will be the Mk2 Phresh controller,

but  my `drobe gets cool enough lights out that I got

bud rot/ mildew on the last crop,caught it on it's first bud,pure luck.

Going to try a couple of tubes,but not confident.

Maybe an idea to run the soil cable full whack,and raise the plants?

If ur suffering from low temps the first thing id do (again) is buy a electric blanket or beasty heat mat or underfloor heating. Root temps play a huge part in everything. For the budrot id say more air circulation as its probably the easiest and cheapest thing to sort out. My RH in the tent and flower room sit at the same as inside my shed.

Soil cable? 

Atb

JJ